Leaflet ‑ Price A/B Testing

Run price AB tests with 1 click, find hidden revenue & profits

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Kidoriman

Unethical business practices. They say you pay only if the test is successful and you got nothing to loss but you will pay a fee in most cases plus they slip the charge through the back door via Shopify bill without letting you know about it. The whole purpose of this app is to conduct an overall price test on a product category or on the entire store in order to see how the entire category/store reacts to a price change. If you test pricing on 100 products and 80 products fail, you will pay a fee for the 20 products that had a winning split test. This is was not clear to me and was not explained when we started. When the test is done there is zero transparency about the fee you're about to pay on their app. No message on the app, no email about your payment, no information, no invoice, no receipt, nothing. They just charge their fee via app charges on your next shopify billing cycle.
I found this to be unethical at best. You dont even know that you need to pay or how they calculate it until it happens. I wasn't aware that I even had to pay something so I ran another test that was again unsuccesfull, I lost money doing the test and was charge again couple of thousands the same way. I was amazed to find out about that and emailed Richard to share my thoughts but he didnt bother to replay. I guess that support is great only if you're a paying customer. Most people dont check the exact app charges on their Shopify bill.
I guess that way this company can charge people without them noticing. Doing this on purpose or not, I give them the benefit of the doubt but I write this feedback so potential customer can decide.

January 17, 2022

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with the results of your tests. Part of the reason for this is because you stopped your tests prematurely (on multiple occasions) and did not give them sufficient time to accumulate data.

Our pricing model is explained very clearly on our website and was also explained to you orally when you first started using Leaflet.

winecountrycraftsman

Untrustworthy 'AI' and 'Autopilot', this app is not fully functional or tested enough to trust. Reports are based on inaccurate data, although the idea itself is great! Amazing customer retention, horrible waste of time (15 weeks to realize it was doing nothing). Initial positive reports we were shown included all 1000+ products, not the actual 40-60 we were price testing. Leaflet then tried to convince me they were responsible for those impressive numbers. Red Flag. Most of my test results show no metrics or analytics, nothing to show me what Leaflet is making decisions on, or even if the products price test is worth running. Red Flag. Unfortunately Leaflet has not fully tested their app, or have any solutions for non-margin based businesses like mine, even though their FAQ page specifically mentions these stores. Red Flag. I had to explain that the 10 years of sales before 2021 Do in fact matter. Leaflet operates on the assumption that your store did not exist before 2021. By default all of your stores sales data is Ignored, making new 'leaflet reports' seem Amazing! But they are completely false. Beyond a Red Flag. :( Support is great at responding, until you realize you are investing your time and money to be a beta tester for an unfinished application falsely representing it's impact to your store. In fairness we were offered a 'partial' refund, which has yet to materialize. How much is Your time worth?

March 23, 2021

We are sincerely sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience.

Our software and the data science behind it is rigorously tested. That said, we recognize that the experience and results we provide are not always on point, and we are constantly working to improve.

In your case, this included building two features upon request.

The reason that “most of [your] test results show no metrics or analytics” is because you were primarily testing products with no sales.

If you're interested in giving us a second chance we would be happy to provide more hands on support.