I would advise anyone who used this app to look closely at the revenue the app claims to help drive to your shop. The app claimed to have driven a revenue that is more than the total revenue for my shop in an attempt to charge me for it. I have written in and received no reply about it.
Edited to add: finally, after more than a month of being ignored, they suddenly contacted me (after I left this review) and gave me a refund and said that there was a glitch during the period I was using the app. They also said since I had removed the app, they could not get back to me to give me an explanation but I thought I contacted them through email and they should have my email address and email history? And they also contacted me through my email address to give me a refund. Weird explanation.
I upgrade this 1-star review to 2-star since I received a refund although honestly, anyone can see that I would never get a response if I had never left this 1-star review.
Update #2: Brought my review back down to a 2 star review.
Their customer service has been great to deal with, and I am very grateful for them. They bring an otherwise 1 star review up to 2.
However, the app constantly is still having problems, such as showing items that are supposed to be hidden, failing to show any text in the boxes, making major changes to the layout like adding 5+ extra rows of suggestions without anything being done on our end. The app has been the most inconsistent app we have used on shopify and likely will be switching to another alternative as a result.
Update #1: Customer service was very fast, friendly & easy to deal with. While the problem is still not fully understood, we reached a positive conclusion and the app is back up and running. Still removing 1 star due to the error that cost my business a month of missed targeted recommendations without notifying me, but overall happy with the app and how they handled this problem.
Once installed and running fine, at some point this app simply disconnected from our store, without notifying us.
This is the second time this app has stopped working and disconnected without notifying me. For an app that is an important part of our sales funnel, I expect to be notified the instant it becomes inactive, so we can fix it and get it back up and running. Zero notifications of this is unacceptable.
The first time it was due to a price change and ceased to work due to needing to confirm a new price point. This is understandable, but I was not made aware that this was going on, and had to fix it 100% on my end. I contacted a customer success wizard who said they would "make sure that this will be done more clearly in the future" but this was not the case today.
The current time I am still waiting to hear back from customer support as to why my recommendations are no longer showing up, and trying to fix it on my end.
The app wasn't what I was expecting and was more complicated to use than I expected so I removed it within the day. When I did they emailed to say that to uninstall properly I had do reinstall and uninstall on the Limespot dashboard which would be done with a simple click of a button. I complied but it didn't uninstall and sloppily left code all over the place. I had to search and manually remove each and every one.
Edited to add that they have since been very attentive with a few phone calls and emails to make sure that the uninstall was done properly. They have also offered to give me step by step guidance should I want to try the app again. So customer service is very commendable.
never heard back from support plus The app totally froze our mobile site! otherwise was super awesome on a computer!
No longer free and it keeps reinstalling the widgets after they are removed.