Overall rating Based on 1367 reviews
I'm finding lots of bugs with this app and as it has become more sophisticated, it's become more difficult to use. e.g. If I try to make configuration changes, it just seems to fall over and I can't access it for a few hours as it resets. Probably user error, but even so, it shouldn't behave as it is. I'm on the verge of swapping for another recommender engine.
We are very sorry for the frustrating experience you had with our app. Our engineering team has since fixed the issues and your account is now good to go. We tried to reach out to you via the live chat to let you know that everything is now fixed. Hopefully you will be able to give us another chance before swapping for another app! Do reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you with any other concerns you may have with our product.
My Furry Playmate
It's a good app. I would recommend. It's just not for me. There are a few extra features I would like. E.g. a simple minimalist theme (like no pictures and just text for example), and the frequently bought box, just doesn't visually fit with my particular store. Plus it doesn't look like it sums up the product costs in the frequently bought box. All these are specific to my particular store. You may not need these extra features. So it may be the app for you.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and feedback. We're sorry to hear that our app did not work out for your store. We really appreciate that you gave our app another shot. Our product team is constantly pushing out new features and our engineers are already working on making a bundle feature like the one you described to offer more customizations to our customers! So please stay tuned and check back at a future date to see if you would like to install our app again. Take care!
This app guys have injected pixel - 928871153944072 on all of my store that were using this app. I couldn't figure out from where this pixel was coming.
However they stated in their policy that they used a FB pixel I think but it is not a good idea at all, hope they will remove it as they claimed recently.
On the other hands it is a good app for Recommendations!
Try it but be aware!
Beach Life Australia De
I have loved this app up until the point where the recommendations loaded before our collections distorting our shop view totally. When I contacted the Lime Spot support team about the issue they implemented bugs on my shopify store destroying all links on the product pages including the ADD TO CART button!! Hours spent with Shopify support and 5 days not being able to sell as nobody could use the Add to Cart button.... Still discovering additional damage as they also changed my blog page and you guessed it, none of the links work anymore....
Edit 12 months later:
I have upgraded from a previous 1* review to a 3* review for the personal support provided in the last week. The team at Limespot have been responsive and also fixed the last remaining issues implemented on my store 12 months ago and refunded some of the fees paid. These actions were appreciated as a gesture of goodwill and that they are a company which takes responsibility for mistakes made. Ryanna from their team has been especially supportive, thank you!
I wished all this would have happened a bit earlier though, a shame really as they seem to be a motivated team!
- Beautiful carrousel that loads fast and is fully responsive.
- Images are lazy-loaded and are only loaded when necessary.
- Possibly show all sorts of statistics and reports (although everything is 0 for us)
- Add to cart feature on each image, very neat!
- PRICE: not worth $49 per month ($588/year). Maybe $9/month pushing it.
- "Frequently Bought Together" are never frequently bought together
- "New Arrivals" does not show new arrivals. It shows items from 3 years ago instead of items added 1 month ago. Should be ordered by date-created
- "Related items" are not related at all.
I Do love this app until I found out how much space its using on my website and was making it on the slower side, way tooo much script and space. If they can fix that then the app would be perfect
Trialled for a month or so with no real benefit seen, looks like we're an exception.
It didn't contribute over our trial and when I unnstalled, left some code in which I had to go and strip out. One thing to be careful with is that it adds to page weight and it caused a drop of 4-5 points on average per page in our google pagespeed insight scores.
Frustrated with the following aspects so I uninstalled. They contacted me with regards to my review so I have raised the rating. Hopefully they will fix the issues.
1) Causes site to slow down to unusable unacceptable speeds
2) Installs a huge number of snippets and files that are NOT removed when uninstalled.
3) Installs CSS that is NOT removed when uninstalled
4) After going in and manually uninstalling the massive trail left behind I had limespot caused Liquid errors trying to bring up the deleted limespot snippets which I had to get assistance from tech support to search for and remove from numerous other files.