Overall rating Based on 1349 reviews
This app guys have injected pixel - 928871153944072 on all of my store that were using this app. I couldn't figure out from where this pixel was coming.
However they stated in their policy that they used a FB pixel I think but it is not a good idea at all, hope they will remove it as they claimed recently.
On the other hands it is a good app for Recommendations!
Try it but be aware!
Beach Life Australia De
I have loved this app up until the point where the recommendations loaded before our collections distorting our shop view totally. When I contacted the Lime Spot support team about the issue they implemented bugs on my shopify store destroying all links on the product pages including the ADD TO CART button!! Hours spent with Shopify support and 5 days not being able to sell as nobody could use the Add to Cart button.... Still discovering additional damage as they also changed my blog page and you guessed it, none of the links work anymore....
Edit 12 months later:
I have upgraded from a previous 1* review to a 3* review for the personal support provided in the last week. The team at Limespot have been responsive and also fixed the last remaining issues implemented on my store 12 months ago and refunded some of the fees paid. These actions were appreciated as a gesture of goodwill and that they are a company which takes responsibility for mistakes made. Ryanna from their team has been especially supportive, thank you!
I wished all this would have happened a bit earlier though, a shame really as they seem to be a motivated team!
- Beautiful carrousel that loads fast and is fully responsive.
- Images are lazy-loaded and are only loaded when necessary.
- Possibly show all sorts of statistics and reports (although everything is 0 for us)
- Add to cart feature on each image, very neat!
- PRICE: not worth $49 per month ($588/year). Maybe $9/month pushing it.
- "Frequently Bought Together" are never frequently bought together
- "New Arrivals" does not show new arrivals. It shows items from 3 years ago instead of items added 1 month ago. Should be ordered by date-created
- "Related items" are not related at all.
I Do love this app until I found out how much space its using on my website and was making it on the slower side, way tooo much script and space. If they can fix that then the app would be perfect
Trialled for a month or so with no real benefit seen, looks like we're an exception.
It didn't contribute over our trial and when I unnstalled, left some code in which I had to go and strip out. One thing to be careful with is that it adds to page weight and it caused a drop of 4-5 points on average per page in our google pagespeed insight scores.
Frustrated with the following aspects so I uninstalled. They contacted me with regards to my review so I have raised the rating. Hopefully they will fix the issues.
1) Causes site to slow down to unusable unacceptable speeds
2) Installs a huge number of snippets and files that are NOT removed when uninstalled.
3) Installs CSS that is NOT removed when uninstalled
4) After going in and manually uninstalling the massive trail left behind I had limespot caused Liquid errors trying to bring up the deleted limespot snippets which I had to get assistance from tech support to search for and remove from numerous other files.