Plants by Woodlark Nurseries
Pretty functional. Delivery routes on the app work fairly well. There are a few things below that really need to be added to the app. 1) You can't use accelerated checkouts apart from Shop pay, which is really bad! I have had a far greater increase in abandoned checkouts since installing the app as it makes our site look un-trustworthy to new customers. This is just so bad, you cant use paypal, apple pay or any other accelerated checkout. Really close to moving back to Zapiet due to this. I would like to know if there is a plan to change this?
2) When a driver marks an order as delivered the option to take a photo on the app which will then send a photo in the confirmation email to the customer would be a HUGE winner and make the delivery side of the app really good.
Santa Barbara Company
A big part of our business is local deliveries so we were thrilled when Shopify added that functionality, but it's coming up short for a few reasons.
1) i need to be able to charge different rates for different zip codes. As a result, we only use the Shopify Local Delivery functionality for the 3 closest zip codes and I use a different app to differentiate rates for other zip codes. 2) the app needs to allow me to manually tag an order as a local delivery. As a result of weakness #1, not all my local orders appear in the app so it's mostly useless.
3) I need to be able to manually import addresses/spreadsheets. we work with a lot of large bulk orders where folks want to send 20 gifts to 20 addresses and these are not entered as separate orders in shopify.
Well, I really liked the app and I'd loooove to use it but unfortunately it does not work for any items that are subscriptions, I cant think of a good reason why but there you go. Even if one single item in your cart is a subscription item and the rest aren't it still will not work. So farm CSA's, recurring orders etc are out of luck.
PioMu de Moda
The app looks good and is easy to set up. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for Puerto Rico addresses. I contacted support but they didn't seem willing to escalate to the dev team. Will be checking for future updates!
Doodle Dogs Boutique
I was disappointed with the app as it does not have 2 key features:
1 - The ability to add additional stops.
2 - The limitation to only select "Local Delivery" orders.
Functionality could be greatly improved by addressing these 2 issues.
Makiki Valley Frozen Custard
I cannot submit feedback inside the app. It asks me to, but it just spins.
Needs these improvements:
Orders not paid should say "Payment Not Received" and have a button to mark as paid. Fumbling back and forth while the customer is standing there trying to get their total, mark their order as paid is too much. It's too easy to drive away, not realizing that payment was required.
Once you mark a delivery as attempted, there is no way to re-deliver it unless you add it to a new list. So if I'm out delivering and someone isn't home, I don't have a way to circle back and deliver when they get home. I have to make a new delivery list, add that order back in, then switch to that list.
The customers names should appear on the Delivery List. My customers are messaging me on Facebook and IG but I can't pull up their order for an ETA because the order list doesn't show their names. I have to fumble back to the regular app, type in their name, get their order number, then switch back to the delivery app, then switch back to messenger. It would also be nice to send them an ETA based on the delivery route.
Also, mileage does not show on the delivery list. It shows kilometers even though the app is set to imperial.
Tees Valley Firewood
I was really excited when I saw this app had arrived but its a huge disappointment frankly.
As a company that exclusively does local deliveries it could be a game changer but currently it's worthless I'm sad to say.
-The local delivery limit doesn't seem to actually inhibit orders out of the area from being made, but some inside it does.
-the lack of ability to select it as an option from a draft order is a very strange omission.
-the lack of multiple delivery rate threshold options based on order amount and/or distance from business location is a wasted opportunity.
-when you do get the app to work and manage to select orders to calculate a route, the app always does them furthest order away first. The ability to change this to nearest to furthest would be useful, it makes no business sense to carry your entire day's deliveries to the furthest address away first, burning more fuel than needed.
-once you've got a route (even though it is backwards) you then can't do anything with it. The app never lets me store it to recall the next day or send to another user with access to the shop. It needs to be sharable as a Google maps route so the delivery driver can click on it and set off on his or her way.
-admin needs to be able to choose the orders for a route, save the list, name it and share it with the delivery driver.
-local delivery orders also need to be editable, they are no different to any other order in that respect.
Sort a few of these things out and it's getting there! Drafts orders input at the very least.
Crashes a lot. Doesn’t allow you to mark as delivered often. Many bugs, no customer support. Was disappointed
I'm trying to move away from Zapiet as well as a ton of other programs but Shopify Local Delivery is not a good choice yet.
1. It is near impossible to find this app on the Shopify App store.
2. If you ever turn off delivery with this app still installed, it will no longer function until you remove and install it again.
3. You can't assign pickup orders that have already been placed to delivery if the customer changes their mind.
4. You can't create test orders to try functionality.
5. There is not a clear way for you to assign deliveries to a driver/not an associated app that drivers can use when delivering (fleet software).
6. The app will fail to load on iPhones when trying to view routes.
7. The app has very little information explaining the different functions and how to use it.
For an app created by Shopify for Shopify, this was poorly done. We'll try it for a couple days and move back to Zapiet if it doesn't improve.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us improve the local delivery experience, including how it’s set up, how it’s offered at checkout, and how orders are delivered through the Shopify Local Delivery app.
We have fixed the issue with the driver view loading in the iOS app. You should now be able to access it on your phone.
We have also recently added the ability for you to share a link that expires within 48hrs with any non-staff driver so that they can use it to perform the delivery. We hope that helps you better perform your deliveries.
We are also starting work to make it easier to ensure you are able to treat any appropriate order (e.g. customer with local pick up but changed their mind) as a local delivery order.
We hope you give the app another go and look forward to your additional feedback.
Exactly same experience as fellow user NEPTN.
Functionality is good, however when users faces problem getting the address validated due to different users address format habit, it fails to appear and users can't check out.