Shopify Local Delivery

Shopify Local Delivery

by Shopify

Get more out of local delivery and share optimized routes

Park Farms / Fermes du parc

I started using this app instead of Circuit route planner, it does essentially the same thing but it's integrated in shopify which is great, no switching back and forth - or adding extensive notes to circuit. (although some functionality is lacking from the Shopify side) I'm saving 80$US a month per driver by using this app - good for costs although some functionality is lacking, such as delivery confirmation with a picture, signature or client confirmation it was received. Would be great if this feature would be available and attached to the order for future reference. - this is one of the reasons we started with Circuit - picture confirmation of delivery similar to Amazon. About 70% of our clients are returning clients so we know their delivery preferences this is why we were confortable to swith to shopify's deliver app. - but delivery picture or signature confirmation is great to build confidence with new clients. Bulk editing should be available for local delivery - I have to individually set the orders to "ready to deliver".

Tatogy

I used this app to help me with the local Deliverys, I would like to have more support and how do I assign the deliveries to the drivers.For me is a relive because I dont have to used a third party to make this app for me. Thank you

Little Gift Project

Very helpful App to keep customers up to date on the day of delivery. Would be great if you could manually add other orders into the delivery screen, not just 'local delivery' selected orders.

mmm... Churros!

I love this app I just wish there were a way to add orders that arent in my shop. I dont have the option to manually create a delivery order, so when i get one i have to use another app to navigate but the route isnt optimized this way so it is a headache. I also wish I could change a pickup to delivery so it will pop up on my available to add to route. Sometimes a customer clicks the wrong thing at checkout and I need to add a sale to a delivery route but can't since they didn't pick delivery. ..Otherwise this app is the best

FRESH™ APPSTORE FRANCE

The app is easy to use! However, the follow-up of the live delivery person by the customer is missing. Once the live tracking on the map is operational, it will be a great, efficient application!

Beverage Genetics

helpful. desktop was slow and reloaded about 4 times before started functioning. mobile app integration was seamless, but the call and text functions didn't work.

Ficustera

Really happy to see this feature finally arrive. There's some functionality missing that I would love to see implemented however:

-The ability to set multiple delivery prices (I.e. charge a price for local delivery if the purchase amount is under a certain threshold)
-The ability to select it as an option when creating orders from draft orders
-The ability to assign orders using other shipping options to local delivery

All in all, though really excited to see how this feature evolves

-Sammy

LifeKalShop

I used this app to help me managing my deliveries and integrate it with my own dispatchers. The integration with the address codes are not working well. In the shipping address I need to always correct the addresses input from the customers by using the ZIP code into the address field and then matching with the ZIP code field. A customer will always insert in the Address field only the street name because there is a separate field for the ZIP code

SK Homemade Cakes

Everything was good on desktop but in the Shopify mobile app there's a problem creating delivery list job, it cannot proceed to save the list.

1. Fix the Shopify mobile app function to save list

2. Hope to see in the future update can have different tier delivery rate for local delivery. As when delivery getting farther, and we can set a different rate for different postcode.

3. Update with the time that when the item is delivered, not just the date.

4. would be useful if have verified code sends to recipient or able to take a photo when the recipient received the item as proof of received.

Overall is a good feature app

🍅 Tylko Zdrowe Produkty

I tried this app out first in June 2020, when it still had many limitations. Now, in August 2020, some things have improved: order from draft is possible and also there is now a dedicated driver app. Therefore, I'm bumping up my rating from 3 to 4 stars.

I can confirm I technically can create orders of type "local delivery" from draft. What I need to do is enter a valid destination (--> zip code) so that the validation module can find local delivery as a valid delivery method.

Implement areas include:
1. Delivery type "Local Delivery" is still immutable - imagine customer changes their mind and calls us to switch from 'local pickup' to 'local delivery'. Or a customer that didn't see 'local delivery' as an option because they entered zip code in the wrong format (In Poland, 12-345 is correct but around 2% still write 12345) and chose a different shipping method just for the sake of being able to check out.
2. The shipping method step of the checkout is pretty much a black-box, so customer is left in the dark guessing, and there are no helpful error messages. All my customers get if they enter the zip code wrong is "We don't deliver to your address.”. PLEASE finally roll out Google Address Validation across the globe! Yes - it is rolled out for merchants across the world. But no - it is not rolled out for customer addresses around the world. Polish addresses do not have this feature, and I frequently have a customer mistype the zip code - this customer would not find the "Local Delivery" option
3. As a shopper, it is impossible to see when to expect the delivery before purchasing. This is a big no-go. Please add some rudimentary slot booking system, or at least allow app devs to switch over from regular deliveries to the new “local delivery” feature
4. Allow me to set “free “orders over xx$”

For now, it is still impossible for me to switch from Zapiet, even though I really really like the more detailed delivery states of "Local Delivery" vs. an ordinary order

July 2, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us improve the local delivery experience, including how it’s set up, how it’s offered at checkout, and how orders are delivered through the Shopify Local Delivery app.

We are starting work to make it easier to ensure you are able to treat any appropriate order as a local delivery order.

The order list (delivery list) currently is built to send the “out for delivery” notifications when the list is started by the driver. I will reach out to you via email to see if you are looking for additional notifications.

We are sorry the address verification is not working for you. We are looking into ways we can improve our support for more addresses especially for global customers.

Be sure to check your inbox and junk mail folder for my email.

I look forward to speaking to you!

Tejas