Shopify Local Delivery

Shopify Local Delivery

by Shopify

Get more out of local delivery and share optimized routes

SK Homemade Cakes

Everything was good on desktop but in the Shopify mobile app there's a problem creating delivery list job, it cannot proceed to save the list.

1. Fix the Shopify mobile app function to save list

2. Hope to see in the future update can have different tier delivery rate for local delivery. As when delivery getting farther, and we can set a different rate for different postcode.

3. Update with the time that when the item is delivered, not just the date.

4. would be useful if have verified code sends to recipient or able to take a photo when the recipient received the item as proof of received.

Overall is a good feature app

🍅 Tylko Zdrowe Produkty

I tried this app out first in June 2020, when it still had many limitations. Now, in August 2020, some things have improved: order from draft is possible and also there is now a dedicated driver app. Therefore, I'm bumping up my rating from 3 to 4 stars.

I can confirm I technically can create orders of type "local delivery" from draft. What I need to do is enter a valid destination (--> zip code) so that the validation module can find local delivery as a valid delivery method.

Implement areas include:
1. Delivery type "Local Delivery" is still immutable - imagine customer changes their mind and calls us to switch from 'local pickup' to 'local delivery'. Or a customer that didn't see 'local delivery' as an option because they entered zip code in the wrong format (In Poland, 12-345 is correct but around 2% still write 12345) and chose a different shipping method just for the sake of being able to check out.
2. The shipping method step of the checkout is pretty much a black-box, so customer is left in the dark guessing, and there are no helpful error messages. All my customers get if they enter the zip code wrong is "We don't deliver to your address.”. PLEASE finally roll out Google Address Validation across the globe! Yes - it is rolled out for merchants across the world. But no - it is not rolled out for customer addresses around the world. Polish addresses do not have this feature, and I frequently have a customer mistype the zip code - this customer would not find the "Local Delivery" option
3. As a shopper, it is impossible to see when to expect the delivery before purchasing. This is a big no-go. Please add some rudimentary slot booking system, or at least allow app devs to switch over from regular deliveries to the new “local delivery” feature
4. Allow me to set “free “orders over xx$”

For now, it is still impossible for me to switch from Zapiet, even though I really really like the more detailed delivery states of "Local Delivery" vs. an ordinary order

July 2, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us improve the local delivery experience, including how it’s set up, how it’s offered at checkout, and how orders are delivered through the Shopify Local Delivery app.

We are starting work to make it easier to ensure you are able to treat any appropriate order as a local delivery order.

The order list (delivery list) currently is built to send the “out for delivery” notifications when the list is started by the driver. I will reach out to you via email to see if you are looking for additional notifications.

We are sorry the address verification is not working for you. We are looking into ways we can improve our support for more addresses especially for global customers.

Be sure to check your inbox and junk mail folder for my email.

I look forward to speaking to you!

Tejas