Locksmith

Locksmith

by Lightward

Access control, for anything in your online store :)

BALI Lash

Updated review. They instructed me to help remove it (waited about about 10 hours) I can see how this app would be used if you have a larger ecommerce store, but for me simply too much of a hassle.

Same issue with deleting the app, made my website completely stop working, there should be directions (and if there are it's not obvious) that code needs to be removed before deleting the app.

June 8, 2020

Updated response: You had to wait too long for something this urgent. We're already in motion to address this. ❤️ Locksmith is the right choice for thousands of stores of every single size, but it is not the right choice for everyone, and everyone should use what's right for them. Thanks for giving us a chance. All the best. :)

---

Uninstallation can be a tripping point – this is real, for apps like Locksmith. And I get it – it's completely frustrating to just remove a thing and have that simple action cause a problem.

Shopify doesn't let these apps auto-remove theme code after the app's removed from your list. We do our level best to be proactive, given this:

(1) We talk about the uninstallation process in our user agreement (uselocksmith.com/agreement), which everyone is required to see and read and agree to before using the app.
(2) We link to uninstallation instructions at the bottom of every screen in Locksmith, and include a single-click button for stripping all of Locksmith's code out of your theme.
(3) Our system sends an automatic email when the app is removed, if we detect that there's still code left in your theme, linking to the removal process.
(4) If you don't add any locks in your account, or if you remove them all, Locksmith won't put any code in your theme. We *only* add code if you've configured something that explicitly requires it.
(5) We work very, very hard to provide excellent customer service, when things like this happen and also for everything else. We've seen it all, after nine years of doing content protection apps on Shopify, and we will always, always work hard to help you. ❤️

To BALI Lash: I've personally responded to your emails, so look for those replies. I'm here for anything else we can do to help.

-Isaac

Zipply

I don't know why I can't download this app?? I downloaded it once, and then had to remove... tried adding again and it's 505 error. Can someone help me out?

June 6, 2020

Can do! (We reached out promptly. Helping is what we do. 💪)

Shop IMPD

I have used this app on multiple stores we run for corporate stores and it works great to build out views available to certain roles. Highly recommend and great support!

U.S. Orthotics

Great app. Used it to hide pricing on items until we approve customers that have been verified. Responsive support that walked me through a few settings I overlooked.

Shopmy.studio

We used this app to control which products customers could see based on certain attributes they had in common. The app was very easy to use and did exactly what we wanted. I had a few questions at start-up and Ken was quick to respond and extremely helpful.

Natural Food Pantry Online Store

The locks worked well and it was super easy to use/set up but this app slowed down our site immensely. We ended up removing it because many of our pages and collections kept crashing. After we removed the app, our pages started to work again.

April 27, 2020

Locksmith doesn't create a performance issue out of the box, but some configurations coupled with some themes *can* be problematic. For complex themes, it's possible for Locksmith's "Hide any links to this [locked resource]" option to create a performance problem. We've got a guide on handling this here:

... and we're always available to help, if you find a performance issue with your store.

Promovet.vet

Works as advertised - very multifaceted app. Support is A++, Jed and team is fantastic, prompt, professional and friendly.

Ohmyjewelry.com

I have used locksmith years. It does exactly what I want it to do and when I have different ideas and need to implement more locks, the team at Locksmith are beyond helpful, beyond wonderful. Most stores need this app. Once you have the app, there is always, always something that locksmith can do for your site.

Swim Essentials

Works great for us. Helped us to create our b2b website at www.the-essentials.eu. Thank you Isaac and friends.

Joon+Co.

I love this lightweight but extremely powerful app. It does exactly what it says, and locks out things based on specific logical conditions. I'm using this for locking out content in a membership format, in combination with a reoccurring payment processing app, and the flexibility and reliability are exactly what I was hoping for. If only this developer would write a simple, organic, reoccurring payment processing app, I'd switch over in a heartbeat.