Locksmith

Locksmith

by Lightward

Access control, for anything in your online store :)

Clinicalposters

As someone with programming background, I am used to writing code to make software more efficient. Custom programs can automatically click checkboxes, execute actions based on those selections and present an appropriate message to the user.

When I install off-the-shelf software, I try not to get my hopes up too high. After analyzing data and running polls it became apparent that 40 percent of visitors’ view of what was valuable on my site differed from my target audience. As I responded by adding more products, there was a struggle to maintain simplicity for the core audience.

I outlined a solution in my head and then presented it to my partner. There is a need to conditionally hide some pages and products. Blog pages need to have some preview text with indexable meta data. Access to specific portions should be monetized — all while maintaining compatibility with 17 other apps running the site. It really seemed to require a custom programming solution.

With approval to search the App store, I discovered Locksmith. The short video seemed great but I was worried about the finer granularity. So I read most of the Help pages on the site and queried developers about my plan prior to installation.

A working prototype was active within a day. Most of the time involved making duplicate copies of each blog article (long and short). Excellent tech support was available for UI refinements.

I am BLOWN AWAY with the results. The new features function like a custom-developed app. I am actually running three stores from one site with conditional discounts and other features based on customer industry categories.

There are not enough superlatives nor enough stars to express my satisfaction!

******

Cat Oneal Designs

Locksmith has been a lifesaver for me! I use it to run a retail and wholesale business from the same site. Great job guys!

Joycedemo2

This is such a well made and well supported app! I especially love that the back-end is styled with Shopify's Polaris framework, so it feels like a truly native experience. Thanks for the great work, team!

Htavpros

Great app and support, had a slight issue integrating with a new Premium app and needed some slight customization to what the lockout would show and not show. These guys took care of it no problem.

Del Francis Jewelry

For a year now, the designers of Del Francis Jewelry has been building a portal that allows their customers to change Del Francis designs by choosing the precious metals, gemstones and diamonds, for themselves, while watching those changes live with Dynamic Imaging. In beta now, Locksmith has kept everything in order. Want to become a beta tester? Contact them now, 864-372-6247.

Canwest Esthetics

Best app Period!! and to get help from them is awesome!! Thanks for all of it.

Gronstash

Isaac provided excellent service.

The guy was able to fix our issue very quickly and was super nice though out the entire thing.

Awesome service.

Kingdomdeath

Locksmith is a versatile solution to any number of shop challenges that involve one shop that offers different experiences for different users. For our store, we use Locksmith to help our customers buy inventory from different warehouse locations. Not only is the app simple to use but if you need further support or customization, the Locksmith team is smart, responsive, and easy to work with.

Bird Rock Coffee Wholesale

This app is truly extraordinary. This helped hide certain products AND VARIENTS from customers who were not supposed to see/order them. In addition it allowed me to completely lock down my site so no one could get in to purchase products unless I had sent them a invite and allowed them to browse the site. I love this app!

Whsljao

This app works really well. I checked out a few and this one has the best options for our needs. I love that I can have specific pages locked but not the whole site. And when I had trouble figuring that out - the customer service was quick, friendly and helpful. If you need to lock your site - choose this app!

(Something we didn't need but I saw in the help section - You can have nav items switch for a locked site vs unlocked - i.e. wholesale vs retail see different navigation!! Filing this information away for the next site I build)