Locksmith

Locksmith

by Lightward

Access control, for anything in your online store :)

Wild Seed Project Shop

At first, I thought this was a great app, but I had trouble with configuring effective locks, after significant trial and error, not only by myself but my colleagues. The only way to seek help from Locksmith was to email the developer. I did that twice and never received a reply. I'm on a 15-day free trial, and unless I get some support that is effective and timely, I will seek a different app. EasyLockdown seems to get strong reviews.

September 9, 2020

I hear you. ❤️ Looking back at the emails from yesterday, everything was good to go at that time – it sounded like you were really happy with where things were at. :) I understand that things come up, and I'm sorry that we weren't able to get back to you in time for what you needed today. I get that it's frustrating to have an emergent situation, in which you need help on a tight timeline.

We only received one of the two emails you mentioned in your review. The email came in at 11:12am today (local), about a launch scheduled for 1pm. We were able to get back to you at 3:04pm, two hours after the launch, and just under four hours after your initial email.

Realizing that your deadline has already passed, if there's anything more we can do to help, please let us know. We can't guarantee specific turnaround times, and I understand and respect if that means you need to find a different solution. By all means, do what's best for you and your business.

Thanks for letting us know how this went for you. It all matters.

All the very best,

BLV Delivery

This app has failed at all levels. After about 2 weeks with this app and with support (which is just, meh) I am finding that this app literally does the opposite of what it is supposed to. Fist the support. There is support, but it takes a day or two to get back to you, even once you get started. I have been going back and forth with them because the items I needed to be hidden were hidden even after tagged from everyone. I was talking about in a search, not by just scrolling through the products. So when support told me that they were coming up by scrolling through the products I tested it and sure enough, there they were. But again, not when using the search. So then I opened up a separate browser and logged out and tested again that they would NOT show up, and there they were. So they don't populate in a search, which is what I need if the customer is logged in with the correct tag. And the items come up for all to see with no tag if they just scroll through the inventory. Now if they click on it it will prompt them to log in, however, there is my wholesale pricing for all to see. The reason for the second star is because they do have support.
*Update* Removed second star because the support, even though it exists, is not that great. I ended up uninstalling the app.

August 31, 2020

❤️ Thanks for letting us know how this went for you. We'll always do our best to help, in the most efficient way we can. Please know that our effort is always in earnest, and your feedback is both useful and heard.

All the best,

KLOW

We've been using this app for few days, we've lost more than 20% speed optimization on our site, even if we've deleted it like on their instruction... We've try to reach the customer support with 0 answer! We're pretty upset with this app and it f*** up our store.. not recommend at all!

August 6, 2020

Hey there! I'm sorry for the trouble here. We can't find any emails from anyone concerning this store (did you email team@uselocksmith.com?), which is the first disconnect here.

It looks like you had Locksmith installed for 11 minutes total, and our code was completely removed from your theme before the app was deleted from your Shopify account. Everything *should* have been in order. If you emailed team@uselocksmith.com, then I can't explain why we don't have your message; please do email us again, or use the support button in the lower-right corner of uselocksmith.com, and we'll go from there.

All the best,

-Isaac

P.S. For anyone who may run into performance issues themselves, please see our documentation at https://docs.uselocksmith.com/article/432-what-should-do-i-do-if-my-site-is-loading-slowly. As always, we are *very* much here to help. ❤️

Stationery R Us

Fantastic app but the support is absolutely poor. If you're savvy with Shopify and can manage to work the app out on your own, it will definitely do the trick. As soon as you have an issue, though, you're stuffed.

June 12, 2020

Support is something we work hard at, and do really well with – keep reading our reviews. "Extremely helpful", "responsive", "the team at Locksmith are beyond helpful, beyond wonderful". We are consistent with what we bring to the table. Every so often, the wires get crossed. In this case, they got massively crossed. Our support, offered in good faith and positive intent, was labeled "disgusting" and "disappointing", and we were interpreted as "disinterested". If someone holds this perspective, I *understand* why they'd feel stuffed. No one wants to feel unheard and un-aided, and I'm sorry that's the impression that was struck. The intent, as always, is to help. ❤️

To the reviewer: I'm sorry this went this way. We work hard to enable, which is why we generally don't reconfigure things *for* our users – instead, we send along screenshots and instructions, illustrating what could happen next. I understand the instructions you received weren't enough. You weren't kind about letting us know that. I'm glad you got it figured out (thanks for letting us know that you did); if you need help in the future, we'll be here.

Zipply

I don't know why I can't download this app?? I downloaded it once, and then had to remove... tried adding again and it's 505 error. Can someone help me out?

June 6, 2020

Can do! (We reached out promptly. Helping is what we do. 💪)

The DogFood Depot®

Doesnt lock pages specifically so cant hide specific menu items. It picked up a page on the App store when i searched for my a page in my store to lock. Too general to be a paid App.

January 14, 2020

Hey there! I'm sorry this didn't work out for you – thanks for letting us know. This sort of thing *is* very much within our feature set: Locksmith does support locking individual pages, and does support hiding menu items for those pages. It sounds like you may have run into a one-off problem during setup; if you'd like to try again, please reach out at team@uselocksmith.com. We'd love to help. :)

TYF

I've not actually used the app but the pricing structure is rediculous, why should customers on higher shopify plans be penalised?

January 14, 2020

Hey there! We could have communicated our pricing policy better at the time; thanks for letting me know how you feel about it. I've updated our listing to be clearer. For the record: our pricing is a conversation, and we start with a suggested price that's based on what you pay for Shopify. Different merchants get very different value from the product, and because that value is impossible to fully predict, we begin with that estimate. If that price doesn't work for you, we ask you to let us know what price *does* feel good for you – and we proceed from there, letting you know what works for us, until we reach a price that works for us both. You can find the whole policy at uselocksmith.com/pricing.

Eshopskart

they offer 14 days free trial after install i shown message from app for select plan and immediately 9 dollars deducted from my card, Fraud appp never use to lost your money, still didnt get help from support team i contacted many times.

worst ever app

Soundpacks

DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
DOES NOT WORK AND NO SUPPORT.
Last updated 2016 - this should be removed from the store as it caused me nothing but trouble after installing - DO NOT INSTALL!!!!!!!!

Ciao Milano Wholesale

horrible web site the worst in the world. Very difficult.

Previous 1