Locksmith

Locksmith

by Lightward

Access control, for anything in your online store :)

Kitchener OutGROW OutPLAY

Trying to set up a lock to my store and the app doesn't do that. I've tried several different combinations to make it work and it doesn't. There isn't a number to call to talk to someone which means this will take hours or days to resolve, rather than a few minutes. Was told this was a good app and will continue to try and make it work.

August 26, 2021

Hey there! Looking at followup emails, it does sound like you were able to create the Locksmith setup you needed – locking storefronts *is* something Locksmith does well, and it looks like you're all squared away.

To the rest of your note: thanks for letting this know how this went for you. All of our support *is* offered via email, with a turnaround time up to 24 hours, and often much less. (A note to this effect is included in the auto-response we send to all new support messages.)

This works well in most circumstances – but not all, and that's absolutely legitimate, and those stories are important too. It's our intent to be as straightforward as possible about what we do and do not offer, so that you can choose the tool that works best for what you need – whether that's Locksmith, or another tool with a different support structure.

If you do choose to keep using Locksmith, you know where to find us. :) We'll always do our best to help.

Cheers,

IV Wardrobe

im extremely disappointed in this app that was recommended by shopify, my entire store is locked and wont let me disable it. I also have to wait now for someone to email me back rather talk on live chat.

August 4, 2021

Hey there! It looks like the locking on your store is caused by another app. Looking at our records, Locksmith *was* installed (and uninstalled, and reinstalled several times), but no locks were ever configured, and thus far Locksmith has not made any changes to your store's theme.

For background, Locksmith will never modify your store's theme unless there are locks configured. And, on the other side of that, *removing* all locks will result in Locksmith removing all of its code from your theme. Locksmith works hard to have a light touch. :)

Locksmith isn't currently in your apps list, so we're not able to take a closer look at your theme's internals to see what code is causing the locking of your store. But, as far as we can tell, Locksmith isn't involved – it's likely another app, or perhaps some custom code in your theme.

We've replied to your emails; just let us know in either of those threads if there's something we can do here to help. Re-adding Locksmith to your apps list could help us see what's going on under the hood of your theme, if that's useful. :)

Safari Zone Collectibles

We tried using this app to hide certain items on our website, which it did do, however there were still automated bots that were able to purchase items that were designed to only be purchased by certain people, so it did not work as intended/described.

July 14, 2021

I hear you – thanks for letting us know. If it helps: because of the way Shopify's Online Store channel is built, it's impossible for any third-party access control app (including Locksmith) to fully block all bot activity. We talk about this in our user agreement, which everyone sees and accepts when they install Locksmith, and which we wrote to make sure we're clear and up front about all this. You can see the user agreement here: https://uselocksmith.com/agreement.

I understand you were expecting Locksmith to block those bots; given the specifics of how Shopify itself works on this one, the best we as a team can do is to be clear about what Locksmith can and can't help with. If there's a way we can communicate this better going forward, let us know – team@uselocksmith.com. We're here to help, however we can. :)

KARAVAN WHOLESALE

We removed the app but our website remains locked. Very unpleasant experience with this app. Watch out what you install, there are many amateur works out there.

March 24, 2021

❤️ I feel you; this kind of thing can be unpleasantly surprising. Because Shopify doesn't allow recently-removed apps to go back and clean up their theme code, it's really important to disable Locksmith within the app (or simply delete all of your locks) *before* removing Locksmith from your apps list.

If this is still affecting you, here's the place to start: https://docs.uselocksmith.com/article/221-removing-locksmith

Or, send us an email at team@uselocksmith.com. We're here. :)

For those looking in on this review, it's worth mentioning that we work *hard* to communicate the uninstallation process:

* We send an automatic email to the store owner immediately upon app removal, if we detect that Locksmith's code is still in your theme.
* We include the uninstall requirements in our required user agreement, on the first screen of the app.
* There's a link to our uninstall process at the end of every page within the Locksmith app, and in our immediate auto-response to new inquiries to team@uselocksmith.com.

We're here to help, always, always. :) To the reviewer: thanks for letting us know how this affected you. We haven't heard from you via email, so I'm hopeful that you've been able to get this sorted. Please reach out if there's anything we can do to help you further.

Born Clothing

I downloaded this application and at first it was great. Then the day after, my site speed dropped to staggeringly low (14 seconds+). I deleted the application and somehow, the java has still stuck around and is causing massive delays on my site. I have tried reaching out to Locksmith's customer service and no response. DO NOT download this application!

March 15, 2021

Heyo! It's exceedingly rare, but some Locksmith configurations *can* have an effect on site performance. If you (dear reader) are encountering this yourself, start here:

Writing in to team@uselocksmith.com is also a good idea – we'll always work to help.

If all else fails, disabling Locksmith from within the app will automatically remove all of its code from your theme. (Note that this is different than removing Locksmith from your apps list! We work hard to communicate this, and sometimes it still slips through: because Shopify removes Locksmith's permission to clean up as soon as it's out of your apps list, it's really important to disable your locks beforehand, to give Locksmith an opportunity to clean up after itself.)

To the reviewer: it's rough to not get support in the timeframe that you need it. I hear you, and thanks for letting us know how this went for you. If it's useful, your message came in from the email address on file for the store, and it looks like this address is your store's customer support address – this is the address we replied to. If this is still an outstanding issue, please do let us know. We'll always do our best to help.

Cheers,

Mama We Got You

This app is not easy to use and there's no support. Emailing and awaiting an answer when your running a business isnt for me.

February 11, 2021

❤️ We've responded to each of the two messages we've received from you, within the same day. In one of those responses, we reached out from a different email address, in hopes of bypassing any spam filters that might have been in the way.

We're here, and we're trying to get back to you. :) If you still aren't seeing our messages, I have two ideas:

1. Email us directly at team@uselocksmith.com. It looks like your messages have come in via the in-app messenger and via the app store contact form, which means our replies are going to the address Shopify has on file for you (n[...]a@m[...]u.org). If that's *not* your email address, that would explain why you're not seeing the replies. :)

2. If that doesn't help, please do check your spam box, or any other place where filtered messages might end up.

All the very best,

Cali Tiger

Appalling support. Must of sent over 5 emails still no reply. Really frustrating. Can someone get back to us?

January 27, 2021

Hey there! ❤️ We reply to everything we receive, and – doing some digging into our team mailbox – we've received three messages from you this month, all of which we've replied to, all well within our 24hr response time cap. We've also emailed you directly (in a new email thread – look for an email with the subject "Locksmith App for Shopify"), to see if we can get through to you this way.

Not getting responses is not great, and I get that. Please know that it's not for lack of effort – every time you try to reach us, we're trying to get back to you. :)

If you're still not getting our replies, please consider writing in from another email address, perhaps outside of your store's domain. We're here to help. ❤️

Wild Seed Project Shop

At first, I thought this was a great app, but I had trouble with configuring effective locks, after significant trial and error, not only by myself but my colleagues. The only way to seek help from Locksmith was to email the developer. I did that twice and never received a reply. I'm on a 15-day free trial, and unless I get some support that is effective and timely, I will seek a different app. EasyLockdown seems to get strong reviews.

September 9, 2020

I hear you. ❤️ Looking back at the emails from yesterday, everything was good to go at that time – it sounded like you were really happy with where things were at. :) I understand that things come up, and I'm sorry that we weren't able to get back to you in time for what you needed today. I get that it's frustrating to have an emergent situation, in which you need help on a tight timeline.

We only received one of the two emails you mentioned in your review. The email came in at 11:12am today (local), about a launch scheduled for 1pm. We were able to get back to you at 3:04pm, two hours after the launch, and just under four hours after your initial email.

Realizing that your deadline has already passed, if there's anything more we can do to help, please let us know. We can't guarantee specific turnaround times, and I understand and respect if that means you need to find a different solution. By all means, do what's best for you and your business.

Thanks for letting us know how this went for you. It all matters.

All the very best,

BLV Delivery

This app has failed at all levels. After about 2 weeks with this app and with support (which is just, meh) I am finding that this app literally does the opposite of what it is supposed to. Fist the support. There is support, but it takes a day or two to get back to you, even once you get started. I have been going back and forth with them because the items I needed to be hidden were hidden even after tagged from everyone. I was talking about in a search, not by just scrolling through the products. So when support told me that they were coming up by scrolling through the products I tested it and sure enough, there they were. But again, not when using the search. So then I opened up a separate browser and logged out and tested again that they would NOT show up, and there they were. So they don't populate in a search, which is what I need if the customer is logged in with the correct tag. And the items come up for all to see with no tag if they just scroll through the inventory. Now if they click on it it will prompt them to log in, however, there is my wholesale pricing for all to see. The reason for the second star is because they do have support.
*Update* Removed second star because the support, even though it exists, is not that great. I ended up uninstalling the app.

August 31, 2020

❤️ Thanks for letting us know how this went for you. We'll always do our best to help, in the most efficient way we can. Please know that our effort is always in earnest, and your feedback is both useful and heard.

KLOW

We've been using this app for few days, we've lost more than 20% speed optimization on our site, even if we've deleted it like on their instruction... We've try to reach the customer support with 0 answer! We're pretty upset with this app and it f*** up our store.. not recommend at all!

August 6, 2020

Hey there! I'm sorry for the trouble here. We can't find any emails from anyone concerning this store (did you email team@uselocksmith.com?), which is the first disconnect here.

It looks like you had Locksmith installed for 11 minutes total, and our code was completely removed from your theme before the app was deleted from your Shopify account. Everything *should* have been in order. If you emailed team@uselocksmith.com, then I can't explain why we don't have your message; please do email us again, or use the support button in the lower-right corner of uselocksmith.com, and we'll go from there.

-Isaac

P.S. For anyone who may run into performance issues themselves, please see our documentation at https://docs.uselocksmith.com/article/432-what-should-do-i-do-if-my-site-is-loading-slowly. As always, we are *very* much here to help. ❤️

Previous 1