Locksmith

Locksmith

by Lightward

Access control, for anything in your online store :)

Dropkick

I have tried emailing them twice as my product is sold out before the date and no one is replying. Now the shoe is gone ..

August 16, 2020

❤️ I believe our emails may be going into your spam box – if you don't mind, please take a look. We responded in about two hours to your first message, and we haven't gotten any email replies from you at all.

Looking back at our records, it looks like the issue here was a Locksmith configuration that was slightly off, enough that the configuration did something you didn't expect. You did the right thing by writing in, and I'm sorry you didn't get to see our replies. (I get how frustrating it is to have a pressing issue, and to receive only radio silence.) We're here to help, and we always *will* help. If you don't hear from us, the disconnect is somewhere else.

I realize that the time to solve this problem is passed, but if there's anything we can do to make it better, please let us know. Thanks for letting us know where you're at with this – that's always something we care about.

-Isaac

Natural Food Pantry Online Store

The locks worked well and it was super easy to use/set up but this app slowed down our site immensely. We ended up removing it because many of our pages and collections kept crashing. After we removed the app, our pages started to work again.

April 27, 2020

Locksmith doesn't create a performance issue out of the box, but some configurations coupled with some themes *can* be problematic. For complex themes, it's possible for Locksmith's "Hide any links to this [locked resource]" option to create a performance problem. We've got a guide on handling this here:

... and we're always available to help, if you find a performance issue with your store.

BedJet

Promising features, but didn't work to lock our entire storefront without major glitches. Was unusable and we uninstalled.

Vaping Doesn't

I have used the original version of Locksmith on a site for 3 years. I set it and forget it. Now, on a new site, I see the price has gone up to a GREEDY level, considering everything Locksmith does you can do with 10 lines of code. The admin portion is also a disaster with so many helpful little things getting in the way of me just checking some boxes like a normal human being.

Even the messages section took a step back, with just a paragraph of unformatted text, instead of a nice redirect to create an account or log in.

Hipsters have to make money though so they can make hipster promotional videos.

Mondofood

If you let the subscription lapse they literally tell you that your content will remain locked UNTIL you pay them. Nobody should support a company that holds their customers' software hostage until you pay them.

Once they default to OFF instead of ON when the subscription expires I'll look at revising this review.

Dropshipper Catalog

App is too slow, it takes forever in retrieving the lock handles, if you have other options, do not use it.

Andrea Bonelli Jewelry

Seems to work ok.. but it has zero support and I have an issue with my wholesale items being searchable in my shop. I emailed them weeks ago and never heard back.