Updated review. They instructed me to help remove it (waited about about 10 hours) I can see how this app would be used if you have a larger ecommerce store, but for me simply too much of a hassle.
Same issue with deleting the app, made my website completely stop working, there should be directions (and if there are it's not obvious) that code needs to be removed before deleting the app.
Updated response: You had to wait too long for something this urgent. We're already in motion to address this. ❤️ Locksmith is the right choice for thousands of stores of every single size, but it is not the right choice for everyone, and everyone should use what's right for them. Thanks for giving us a chance. All the best. :)
Uninstallation can be a tripping point – this is real, for apps like Locksmith. And I get it – it's completely frustrating to just remove a thing and have that simple action cause a problem.
Shopify doesn't let these apps auto-remove theme code after the app's removed from your list. We do our level best to be proactive, given this:
(1) We talk about the uninstallation process in our user agreement (uselocksmith.com/agreement), which everyone is required to see and read and agree to before using the app.
(2) We link to uninstallation instructions at the bottom of every screen in Locksmith, and include a single-click button for stripping all of Locksmith's code out of your theme.
(3) Our system sends an automatic email when the app is removed, if we detect that there's still code left in your theme, linking to the removal process.
(4) If you don't add any locks in your account, or if you remove them all, Locksmith won't put any code in your theme. We *only* add code if you've configured something that explicitly requires it.
(5) We work very, very hard to provide excellent customer service, when things like this happen and also for everything else. We've seen it all, after nine years of doing content protection apps on Shopify, and we will always, always work hard to help you. ❤️
To BALI Lash: I've personally responded to your emails, so look for those replies. I'm here for anything else we can do to help.
Strive Direct Co
Useful app for when you need granular control of certain Shopify features.
Most useful feature I observed was manual locking where you can use their liquid snippets in your liquid templates to hide/display features.
Sans Et Al
Super easy to use. Works right away. Super nice even for the price. (Well it could maybe be like $7 per month actually. That why I say 4 stars.)
Updated review based on the responsiveness and flexibility of the staff. Stand by the recommendation regarding just having a pricing plan more closely linked to the consumer's use of the Locksmith product directly, but very impressed by the developer. I can't do 5 stars as I'm not using the application currently - but would absolutely reconsider if I hadn't already found another solution.
Pricing plan methodology is inappropriate. We're forced to use a Shopify plan instead of basic for a single issue, and the difference between $9 and $29 a year for a startup shop is excessive. Had to uninstall.
Crown Chakra Woodworking
Good app, does what its supposed to. I'm not a developer so I don't know what goes into the day to day, but I feel the app is overpriced.
Similar apps (those that just add code to your website) are typically around $5 or $6 USD, which seems more reasonable.
The reason I gave this 3 stars is because after I stopped using it, it still blocked some of my products. I was driving ads to some of my pens, but the sales just stopped. It took me a while to realize that the app was making it so those products wouldn't show up, even though I cancelled the service and "unlocked" the products.
If you just check to make sure your products are appearing you are good to go.
Great customer service.
Really useful app and the team were responsive to setup questions we had.
This app works exactly like a wholesaler, but minimal costs, especially for those starting out. You can hide page with products. The only thing is you would need to duplicate products and create different pricing for different groups. It works if you have few products. Brilliant and love it!
This worked really well for our website. Simple to use and just what we were looking for.
Adam Beane Industries, Inc.
An easy app to use to create a separate section of the store. I ultimately went with something else that didn't require making duplicate products, but this is a great solution if you don't mind duplicating products.
Great Canadian Dog Rope Company
I installed the app on one of my 3 stores this weekend and was very pleased with both how simple it was to setup and how effective the app is at doing exactly what I needed it to do.