Loss Leader

Loss Leader

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.1)
Developer
4.1
August 9, 2022

This is a very unfriendly platform
After making me submit a lot of information
And then there is no response
---------------------
Our items are shipped from our Los Angeles, USA warehouse Submit the information required by the platform.
1、Contract voucher of overseas warehouse
2、Logistics time reference certificate
3、Billing certificate
4、System use in-stock inventory After submission, you informed the platform is no longer in operation I suspect that you are taking my business information
without doing any audit
I doubt the security of my information

DoomBlade
Time spent using app: 5 days
Tophatter replied August 10, 2022

Hello, we noticed this is an identical review to the one you left for us on June 13, 2022 as "vsaen".

Regarding your data concern, business documentation was requested and submitted when our company was doing business in China. Our platform is open and doing business; however we are no longer doing business in China. We have deleted your business documentation in accordance with your privacy concern.

Our team has been responding each time you have asked any questions over the last several months, most recently being August 3, 2022.

After review of your store we determined it doesn't meet our requirements for selling on Loss Leader. Tophatter vets stores and products to maintain a high level of variety and quality on the platform, and stores that are not a good match for our market will not be permitted to sell.

June 16, 2022

Even though I am an old and reliable store, they banned me for no reason. They discriminate and are not fair.

Minihomy
Time spent using app: About 21 hours
Tophatter replied June 16, 2022

Thank you for sharing a review with us. All our requirements can be found under the Support tab, then click "FAQ" under Resources or here at this direct link: https://seller-hub.en.tophatter.com/article/832-loss-leader-app-requirements

Tophatter vets stores and products to maintain a high level of variety and quality on the platform and requires a good product-market fit. Those that that are not a good match for our market will not be permitted to sell on the platform.

June 15, 2022

i am very disapointed my items listed for $86 sold for $1 how is this even possible? Is this a joke. I trusted this app but i'm very unhappy

Aichas Wholesomes Boutique
Time spent using app: About 1 month
Tophatter replied June 15, 2022

Stop Loss is a required field on our app, and that is the seller's price protection. If Stop Loss is set to zero as yours is, then products can sell for $1. Sellers have control over the Stop Loss, and our commitment is that you will get an average of the Stop Loss or higher over the sales of the SKU, or we will stop running it.

Edited June 13, 2022

vsaen
China
Time spent using app: 1 day
Tophatter replied June 13, 2022

Thank you for sharing a review with us. Loss Leader is available for well-established Shopify stores that are located within the US. Loss Leader requires shipment from a US-based warehouse and delivery within a maximum of 14 days.

Regarding your data concern, your documentation was requested and submitted when our company was doing business in China. Our platform is open and doing business; however we are no longer doing business in China. Please contact us at the email address at the link to request data removal: https://tophatter.com/privacy

Edited June 13, 2022

Fake app, I almost fell for it. I went to see where they auction my products!!
The website they have got 0 visitor and 0 items!!!!
Stay away, they also charge 100 usd per month

RXJ Express
Time spent using app: 8 months
Tophatter replied June 13, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to share a review, and I am happy to clarify some misunderstandings.

We most definitely have products for sale and shoppers purchasing them in real-time, 24 hours a day. Our app is available for customers who live in the United States, and that can be viewed at: https://tophatter.com/ Note that we do not support shipment of products outside the US, so if you are located anywhere else, you will not see anything available.

We do not charge $100/month. Tophatter charges a 9% commission on paid orders, which is billed to your Shopify store. There are no other fees. Approving a $100 budget is a requirement by Shopify to give us the authorization to bill the 9% commission for paid orders. If you don't sell anything, you will not incur any fees and the $100 budget authorization will expire after 30 days.

May 13, 2022

This app is terrible. I DO NOT recommend you install it. I setup the app to sell my $23 product at a minimum of $15. The next day ... two purchases of my product, sold each one for $1 each. ... what a joke. Anyone can do that. Anyone can liquidate your products for $1 each. Immediately uninstalled, would never recommend. For context, I've used Shopify to make millions in sales. This app is no good.

Seedles
Time spent using app: 1 day
Tophatter replied May 24, 2022

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry you had a bad experience with the three sales you tested through our app. When the products you tested were sold, a bug resulted in them selling at $1 plus shipping. We reached out and apologized for this issue and asked for another chance after we had corrected the bug and upgraded our product’s Stop Loss mechanics so you and other sellers are assured not to experience this issue again. We again invite you to give Loss Leader another try.

May 2, 2022

The application starts to run the products, but after 2 two days it stops working.
Today he stopped working just at the moment the app made the charge Loss Leader $200.97 --- 186 Usage fees
In other words, it made many sales, the products had not yet reached the average price.
They Charged me all fees and stopped working.
If I would at least continue to rotate the products I would be able to sell a little more and earn a little profit.
The impression I have is that the algorithms don't want us to earn our money. The is completely stopped and erased all products from the app I dont Understand what's going on.

Good Things Worldwide Shop
Time spent using app: 7 days
Tophatter replied May 2, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we are sorry to hear about your experience with Loss Leader. Upon further review, we realized that you had connected multiple new Shopify stores. Our app is intended for established stores to acquire customers and liquidate stale inventory.

As a legacy Tophatter seller, we don't yet support the functionality to spread your account across multiple stores. We apologize that your account made sales and accrued fees before this issue was discovered.

The fees you accrued were for products that were sold to customers who paid through your store. You have acquired those customers and you can still fulfill the orders and market to them.

For additional tips, we welcome you to join our Discord community (https://discord.gg/x9tpR5wGES) where you can ask us and other sellers about best practices. Thanks again.

Edited May 10, 2022

I felt very disappointed with this app, at first time I liked it, but I had losses in sales. I decided to try for a while longer and installed the app on 2 more shopify stores that I manage with different niches. My accounts were closed and they accused me of having multiple accounts, Nobody warned me that we couldn't have more than one store with an app installed, that doesn't make any sense to me. If this were a rule then it should have a note in the application at install time. I tried to make contact several times but he doesn't answer me anymore, I think it's very disrespectful to us who are seller on shopify because we spend many hours in front of the computer working to build a good store An application cancel our account. I asking to shopfy to see how this app is working .

world beauty and gold jewelry
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Tophatter replied May 16, 2022

Thank you for sharing your review, and we are sorry your experience with us didn't turn out more positively. Your stores were blocked from selling more products through Loss Leader because one-star ratings left by customers exceeded our allowable threshold. Poor ratings indicate that customers aren't having a good experience. When selling through Loss Leader, drop-shipping products or shipping from outside the US is not permitted because it tends to result in poor customer satisfaction as evidenced by one-star ratings. All requirements for using the app are found here: https://seller-hub.en.tophatter.com/article/832-loss-leader-app-product-requirements