Loyalty, rewards and referrals

Loyalty, rewards and referrals

by LoyaltyLion

A data-driven loyalty program with points, rewards & referrals

Chaos In Color

For the features that you can get for free I would probably give this five stars. It looks very professional and installs easily.

I am interested in several of the paid features, but having tested them during the free trial period they seem very unfinished to me. The email feature in particular is very expensive and hasn't worked out the way that I hoped.

The code that you can embed in your store to show the points a buyer will receive is also limited to the points for dollars feature and doesn't work with extra points for specific products or categories. They did say they'll be adding this, but as of now it isn't there and there is no target date.

For US based users, tech support hours are very limited. You send in a request, they answer it overnight, and then if you need to reply it's another 24-hours cycle. No complaints about the support, it's just frustratingly slow due to the time difference.

I think this app has a lot of potential but it does still need some work in order for shops to offer a robust loyalty program.

UPDATE: Downgraded my star rating for the following reasons:

The app awards points for sales tax paid, not just for the purchased item. This is just outright wrong, sales tax should not be rewarded.

I couldn't get the birthday feature to work. I'd enter a birthday and then come back to view it and the data would be gone. Plus they ask for a year on the birthday, which isn't necessary for the feature but it will prevent many people from participating. I would have loved to use this feature but didn't want to spend on more time debugging it.

The newsletter signup feature doesn't integrate with any email programs (such as Mailchimp) so they can't actually verify that the customer signed up for email. They only know that the customer clicked on a button. This is definitely not worth awarding points.

The code that you can embed on your product page to show the points a buyer will receive doesn't work with multiple variants. It shows zero points. There might be a workaround for this, I don't know because I didn't want to spend any more time on it given the other problems with the feature mentioned in my original review.

I never could get the email statements to send so I had to give up on it. This should have been a must-have feature because it gives customers a reason to return to your site.

Individual features are hugely overpriced for what you get. This app has so much potential but right now they are waaay over promising.

I'm a paying customer and I have been in contact with tech support. So far I haven't been able to resolve any of these issues. If I hadn't advertised the program to my customers I would be uninstalling it right now.

April 9, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your thorough and honest feedback. It really helps us to improve LoyaltyLion. We'd love to clarify some of the issues you encountered.

We award points for sales tax paid to ensure the program is easy to understand: $1 = X points. This system ensures that there are fewer customer support queries for our merchants and that their customers will be able to fully understand the program.

Our newsletter sign up rule cannot automatically sign up your users to your newsletter, what it does do is set their account to accept marketting emails which means that they will recieve your newsletters when you send them. This is a great way to get more visibility for your brand but we recommend that you don't reward this activity too highly for the exact reasons you have laid out.

Emails are very important for the success of your loyalty program. So we'e very sorry to hear that they were not working correctly for you. We would be happy to look into this for you if you are still interested. Just email us at: support@loyaltylion.com.

Our points available feature on the product page can be tricky, but it is possible to include the correct point balance on multiple variants. You need to place a code in the correct section of the page which would require some development work. We can also advise you on this.

We understand your frustration with our support hours. We've taken on your feedback and are working on a solution to this to make our hours accessible to all of our merchants.

Humbird Design

Super easy to install. My customers are very excited for me to offer a rewards program. It is set up to support small business, which I love.

Endangered Gentleman

So far we are really enjoying the perks and individually selectable features. It makes it possible for you to build the program that fits the size of your business. Overall we are really excited to see how this program pans out over the next quarter.

Minted Method Shop

Set up was very easy! I was able to customize to match our site's theme. So far very pleased and am very excited to have this rolled out for our customers!

-Minted Method Shop

Fashionfoodmusic

Great App and would highly recommend!

Epic Giftables

After considering and experimenting with Sweet Tooth and Swell, which were somewhat inflexible and overpriced, we're glad we found LoyaltyLion. The program and integration flexibility is stellar, the pricing model promotes a win/win partnership, high-traffic clients rely on it, and the back-end administration is streamlined. For these reasons and more, we believe that LoyaltyLion is a perfect fit for our business as we grow.

Im Fabulous Cosmetics 2

Good app so far. Great tech support!

Thatprotein

This is a fantastic app! We were really looking for a way to drive engagement with our customers and this is it. Not only do we get to award loyalty points for purchases, but points can be earned for a multitude of other activities.
The dashboard is very straightforward and intuitive to use and the pop-up box that the customer sees is very slick and professional.

Sundance Cosmetics

Pain free installation. Cant wait to see how LL works for my online store!

Wigs Grace

This app has been easy to set up and customize for my specific purposes. A great way for new small businesses to increase customer loyalty!