Loyalty, rewards & referrals

Rating (4.5)
Developer
4.5
May 24, 2018

I guess it's great for someone who doesn't want a lot of control over their customer lists. Or maybe if you're just starting up. We've had a customer list with rewards for 5 years and trying to import existing customers and their points - with everything having to be sent to Loyalty Lion first - not even being able to delete a customer. That doesn't work for us.

Socal Queen
Time spent using app: 13 days
LoyaltyLion replied April 9, 2019

Hi there, thank you so much for your feedback! We understand why would want these features and we are looking at ways to implement them. At the moment, it is not possible to import customers without fixing them in Shopify, we also cannot delete customers unless it's done through Shopify either (however you can block them). You have highlighted points that have been raised before and rest assured, we are working on them.

June 9, 2017

I really loved the look & feel of this App - but I too found the pricing very deceiving! I believed that with my small bus I could use it for FREE or at least at a minimal cost & over time when I reached the 400+ orders per month I could afford to pay for the features I wanted. Then after setting it all up & promoting it to my customers I realized I would need to pay quite a bit of $$$ each month just to run the 3 features I selected. Unfortunately I am fairly disappointed. It was quite unclear that FREE was clearly not the case!

Simple Pleasure Designs By Jennifer Fehr
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
LoyaltyLion replied April 9, 2019

Hey there, thank you for your feedback. We do offer a basic free plan, however we are unable to provide all of our features on this plan. We have worked hard to ensure that we offer a loyalty program to cater to all budgets however, some features are exclusive to higher plans as they involve a lot of technical work on our side. If you would like to find out more about our free plan, take a look here. (https://help.loyaltylion.com/getting-started)

January 9, 2017

Claims to have a free plan. Lures me in, wastes my time, then I notice there are hidden costs. Each major feature cost extra $10/month. And all that talk that they want to grow with your business.

Vikingjewel
Time spent using app: 20 minutes
LoyaltyLion replied April 9, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. Sorry that the features you wanted were not included in our free plan. We can only offer our most basic features for free as all of our merchants require development work on our side.

Edited November 16, 2016

For the features that you can get for free I would probably give this five stars. It looks very professional and installs easily.

I am interested in several of the paid features, but having tested them during the free trial period they seem very unfinished to me. The email feature in particular is very expensive and hasn't worked out the way that I hoped.

The code that you can embed in your store to show the points a buyer will receive is also limited to the points for dollars feature and doesn't work with extra points for specific products or categories. They did say they'll be adding this, but as of now it isn't there and there is no target date.

For US based users, tech support hours are very limited. You send in a request, they answer it overnight, and then if you need to reply it's another 24-hours cycle. No complaints about the support, it's just frustratingly slow due to the time difference.

I think this app has a lot of potential but it does still need some work in order for shops to offer a robust loyalty program.

UPDATE: Downgraded my star rating for the following reasons:

The app awards points for sales tax paid, not just for the purchased item. This is just outright wrong, sales tax should not be rewarded.

I couldn't get the birthday feature to work. I'd enter a birthday and then come back to view it and the data would be gone. Plus they ask for a year on the birthday, which isn't necessary for the feature but it will prevent many people from participating. I would have loved to use this feature but didn't want to spend on more time debugging it.

The newsletter signup feature doesn't integrate with any email programs (such as Mailchimp) so they can't actually verify that the customer signed up for email. They only know that the customer clicked on a button. This is definitely not worth awarding points.

The code that you can embed on your product page to show the points a buyer will receive doesn't work with multiple variants. It shows zero points. There might be a workaround for this, I don't know because I didn't want to spend any more time on it given the other problems with the feature mentioned in my original review.

I never could get the email statements to send so I had to give up on it. This should have been a must-have feature because it gives customers a reason to return to your site.

Individual features are hugely overpriced for what you get. This app has so much potential but right now they are waaay over promising.

I'm a paying customer and I have been in contact with tech support. So far I haven't been able to resolve any of these issues. If I hadn't advertised the program to my customers I would be uninstalling it right now.

Chaos In Color
Time spent using app: About 1 year
LoyaltyLion replied April 9, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your thorough and honest feedback. It really helps us to improve LoyaltyLion. We'd love to clarify some of the issues you encountered.

We award points for sales tax paid to ensure the program is easy to understand: $1 = X points. This system ensures that there are fewer customer support queries for our merchants and that their customers will be able to fully understand the program.

Our newsletter sign up rule cannot automatically sign up your users to your newsletter, what it does do is set their account to accept marketting emails which means that they will recieve your newsletters when you send them. This is a great way to get more visibility for your brand but we recommend that you don't reward this activity too highly for the exact reasons you have laid out.

Emails are very important for the success of your loyalty program. So we'e very sorry to hear that they were not working correctly for you. We would be happy to look into this for you if you are still interested. Just email us at: support@loyaltylion.com.

Our points available feature on the product page can be tricky, but it is possible to include the correct point balance on multiple variants. You need to place a code in the correct section of the page which would require some development work. We can also advise you on this.

We understand your frustration with our support hours. We've taken on your feedback and are working on a solution to this to make our hours accessible to all of our merchants.

Edited May 19, 2018

Have been with this app for 2 years. Function wise, it is very good, very handy with a lot of power functions and very stale, did not see any issue so far. The only thing i have to complaint is the pricing. The small business bundle is 159, I dont believe it is affordable for most of the SME, though they do offer to purchase by module, but compare to other app, it still seems too high. Guess this app is to design with luxury for enterprise:)

The Cute Baby
New Zealand
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
LoyaltyLion replied April 9, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! Sorry to hear that you feel our pricing is not affordable for SME's. We'd love to advise you on how you could set up the program so it fits your budget! Feel free to get in contact with us at support@loyaltylion.com and we can advise you on our most successful enhancements on our free plan.

August 27, 2016

We used this app for about over a year, they have basic reward features with old technology and limited features. This is NOT the best reward program within the Shopify app store. Their tech is really lagging and its really old school and a bit basic. I also did not like support either, they try to tell you what to do. Not a good experience and I have switched to a much better program for our stores rewards that is more modern and has a better system.

Glam Seamless Hair
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
LoyaltyLion replied April 9, 2019

"Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We hope your rewards programme is doing well!

We just wanted to check in as we have been focussing a lot on our product over the last few years and we've developed some awesome features that will engage your customers. If you're interested in knowing more, drop us an email on support@loyaltylion.com. "