Lulu Direct

Lulu Direct

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.6)
Developer
Lulu Publishing
3.6
October 19, 2022

I wanted to sell paperbacks of my own books at a discount independent of the larger companies if you know what I mean. Lulu looked good. I contacted them with my concerns and they assured me I would be pleased and there's no contract. The quality of the books is great. My readers have told me so and I have ordered them myself at cost by momentarily dropping the price on my products page on Shopify.
The only problem left was constantly having to correct shipping prices both foreign and domestic. I contacted Cary Penrose who called me at my request and patiently talked me through setting up live shipping worldwide. It worked and now my readers in England can order delivery any way they want. I find Lulu very convenient and have had no complaints about pricing or delivery. I have just started advertising internationally, so time will tell how this works out when the volume picks up.

Marc Hirsch Author
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
October 19, 2022

I received the very best customer service from a wonderful person at Lulu. They helped me get my book print ready. They were quick to respond to my support ticket when I was having trouble. The trouble I was having was user error. I am a writer not a digital artist. The software I was using to create my files was bare minimum. They were happy to assist me in getting my book print ready. I love Lulu Direct and highly recommend them for print on demand.

Bernice Milldred - Christian Homeschool
Time spent using app: 6 months
June 6, 2022

Lulu has been great to work with! We print and ship around 100+ books per month. Very few issues with that volume of orders and when there have been any issues Kristen with customer support has very quickly fixed the issue (even when the error was due to customer issues and not Lulu). Highly recommend!

Children's Ministry Deals
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
April 21, 2022

I use Lulu Direct to publish my books. This was my first experience with self publishing. I considered Amazon but then I decided against it since it meant that I would have to work to market my website as well as to drive traffic to amazon. As a newbie, that was a bit much. I AM VERY pleased with my decision to go with Lulu. My second and third shippments had issues! BUT, Kristen is a darling! She was with me every step of the way. My second shippment had a few printing issues. She got them replaced at no extra cost with free shipping. My third order, for some reason, did not get to me. I informed her and it was replaced free of charge. I really do appreciate how quick she responds ( most times, within 48 hours. If ever her response is tardy, she humbly apologizes. ) So far, I rate my overall experience as 5/5!!

miss-vee
Time spent using app: 7 months
January 11, 2022

I used this app to launch my children's book. It is pretty easy to do as long as you have the video as provided by LULU. I do like having a store besides Amazon (I had major issue uploading my book on that platform, even hired someone to help me, but we couldn't get it to work). I still haven't used this forum to its greatest potential, but I know that there are a lot of ways to boost my book with the shopify store, so that is also great!

Children's Books with Melissa