Easy to Use
Connect your books in a matter of minutes without setup fees. Print on-demand and deliver to your customers across the globe.
More than 3,000 book format options, binding types, and book layouts are available.
Utilizing on-demand print technology, we deliver high quality printing at competitive prices.
About Lulu Direct
Entrepreneurs and business owners agree that having control over your product is critical to successfully growing your business. The Lulu Direct App connects our global print and fulfillment network to your Shopify storefront for a more efficient way to sell your books. Now every time an order is placed for your books, we’ll print and ship the order, and provide you and your customer tracking to ensure everyone is happy. It’s that simple!
- Lulu pioneered on-demand book printing. After printing over 5.3 billion (yes, billion with a B) pages across our global network, we perfected the art of printing high quality, on-demand books, the same as any you’d see on the shelves at your local bookstore or big box
- Lulu offers a variety of binding, size, color and cover options, including common and many uncommon book designs, as well as offering customizable products
- Print prices low enough that you can sell your book for the same or less than a bookstore list price and still realize a substantial profit
- No set-up charges or handling fees
- Global dropshipping direct to your buyer with trackable shipping methods
- As a certified B corporation, we source materials in sustainable and environmentally conscious ways
How does it work?
The Lulu Direct App integrates our printing and fulfillment network with your Shopify store. When an order for a book is placed in your store, it automatically sends a request to our network. We print and ship the order directly to your customer. Integration and setup is easy.
Find the format you need from our range of over 3,000 layouts, bindings, and print combinations. Create everything from magazines, to catalogs, to textbooks, and even large hardcover coffee table books.
No Hassle Shipping
Our global network of printers can send your book to over 150 countries around the world!
*The Lulu Direct App is formerly known as the Lulu xPress App.*
Free to install
Merchant pays for books printed and shipped by Lulu Direct.
The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Most recent reviews
Ana Luca LLC
At first I was intimidated by Lulu’s self-publishing platform because I had never published a book and am not proficient in Adobe Suite products which several of the templates require. My customer support expert, Tim S, was fantastic. He answered all my many questions, in detail, within 1-2 business days and was helpful in sending me templates to help me format my book. He even helped prepare my files when I ran into a printing issue with certain images not printing correctly - he helped me understand what the problem was with my file and fixed the issues for me so that my books would print correctly. When I received a damaged book I ordered for myself as a sample, he issued me a refund so that I could get a new sample book clear of shipping damage, which was considerate. He was always professional, positive, responsive, and immensely helpful in the setup process of my book. I am so grateful to have had his support through the file creation process and initial ordering process to help me get my book set up online correctly. I'm proud to now officially be a published author and happy the quality of the books looks very nice. I can't speak to other customer rep experiences at Lulu but Tim S. was 5 stars! Thank you Tim!!
L'app funziona bene e non abbiamo avuto reclami sulla qualità di stampa dei libri. Per ora ha solo cambiato nome rispetto alla versione precedente. Rimane il problema che non memorizza, nelle impostazioni, la regione di provenienza del mittente e ha tempi di produzione e spedizione un po lenti per gli standart attuali. Non ci pare che siano disponibili 3.000 formati! Sarebbe utile fossero più complementari a quelli richiesti da Amazon, ci tocca produrre i libri in due formati alla volta.
Pi Chapter 100th
I used the Lulu xPress app with Shopify to publish a commemorative book as an internal fundraiser for my college fraternity. I wanted to remove the "middle man" costs of publishing the book on an online retailer platform. The target audience for this book was very limited, and I wanted the maximum net margin for the book. The solution worked very well and support our project. We experienced an IT issue, and one book shipping issue and Lulu was extremely responsive and timely with resolving those two issues. Otherwise, Lulu xPress app worked flawlessly. Very easier to use and you can view sales in real-time. Lulu Support staff was great in responding to any questions I had. Points to consider when using Lulu xPress App with Shopify. 1. Lulu has responsive and knowledgable customer service support where Shopify really does not;
2. I needed to establish a bank account and U.S. Tax ID number to support your book project with Lulu and Shopify. I did not know this before starting the project;
3. Recommend speaking with an accountant on tax collection and tax payment for your book project. Shopify only collects taxes you specify for your book project and does not pay taxes to municipalities for you;
4. Shopify does an outstanding job of timely paying revenue to you. Shopify transfers funds collected in book sales in 1-3 business days;
5. The integration between Shopify and Lulu Xpress app is outstanding and very easy to implement;
6. Shopify recently made reporting where you have to purchase Shopify Plan $79/month. I needed reporting functionality to obtain transaction-level sales data for my book project. When I created my Shopify page in March 2021, reporting fee when purchasing the Basic Shopify Plan was $29/month.