Lulu xPress

Lulu xPress

by Lulu

Sell your books with Lulu's print-on-demand fulfillment app

Dead Ends Entertainment

I think the book printing drop-shipping model is a fantastic idea, and I would use it for many books, but both test copies I've received have been printed incorrectly. There is an issue with the templates that make seemingly centered designs print off-center. The other issue is that our customers don't want to wait 20 days to receive their book. For these customers to get their package in a timely manner, the book would then cost three times what it should, rendering it a useless product. While we'd love to work with this platform, and while we think that printing one book at a time instead of ordering in bulk would be amazing, this app has a while to go before we feel comfortable using it. We'd need to proof every single customer's order, and that would take way too much time. Once the templates are adjusted, and once the shipping rates change, this app will be AMAZING.

Atticusstore

Lulu xPress is an application designed to drop-ship books using a simple interface to upload your cover and interior and quickly go on sale. It does exactly what it says it will do. While there are alternatives, Lulu is a world class provider of books that is difficult to avoid when reading about publishing options for the independent author. The interface does away with print ready pdfs and any need for human interaction when proofing a book but also makes the process intuitive so anyone can do it just like their more well known distribution options. xPress opens up their services to independent publishers as well with Press and the customer service of a long standing / reputable company already in place is really great. This is a new application. Updates very frequent and we haven't had any issues.

Goarchitect

This app opens up an entire new dimension to GoArchitect.co we are able to create new publications that can be treated as live documents and updated on the fly when new information is discovered or new content is desired. It does have some startup pains however, while the actual print quality is excellent, the accuracy of the orders can be hit and miss. I have received numerous test orders that have been in one way or another incorrect. Things like the pages being backwards that make the end product unusable. The company is very responsive however and have been working through the issues. When the general quality assurance is raised, this app DESERVES 5 stars.

Commandinglife

Not sure how to review this app. On one hand, I am happy to have the app, but it is so new they are STILL working out bugs. Very frustrating. Lulu is dream come true. You are able to print books on demand and ship them all over the world! But that is where my love affair stopped. The app is new and there are constantly kinks. The support team is responsive on half of the issues and none responsive on the other half. So I am somewhere in the middle of loving this app and hating the growing pains. PROS You can get your book printed on demand and shipped all over the world. CONS My first order was messed up, thank goodness I was the guinea pig on the order. I always do a test order to see what the customer sees. Still waiting on a response for a REAL reason why my book was printed incorrectly and everyone else was not. If you are selling a few books this app is great. If you are selling a few hundred books, be prepared to spend hours manually fulfill all those orders yourself. Very time-consuming. I am so happy for this app, that I am willing to overlook this. But the app within Shopify is very difficult to maneuver back and forth for order fulfillment. You will need patience. International shipping is not tracked. I hope they resolve this issue soon as of right now there is no way to provide proof of delivery. (as sellers we need this protection) Cheapest shipping option internationally says 'priority', but priority shipping has no tracking info. The next best options will cost twice as much as your book. Again, happy to have the app, so will keep overlooking these issues and pray Lulu works it out. I will wait patiently until they work the kinks out. When they do I will update my review.

Ticats Store

We’d highly recommend this app! Lulu xPress does all the printing and ships right to the customer. All we have to do on our end is fulfill the order, then Lulu xPress takes over. Seamless! It saves us time and we don’t have to carry inventory. Lulu xPress is a user-friendly app that walks you through the whole process of uploading your book and they have friendly and helpful tech staff who quickly assist with any questions. Five stars!

Pureheartsinternational

I'm just getting started with this app but, at first glance, this looks like a dream come true! :)

Dartfrog Books

We used to handle our own warehousing and shipping of books. Lulu's xPress app has changed all of that. Now, orders simply flow through our site to Lulu, who prints (white label) and ships the orders as they come in. It is truly a game changer for us. We can now focus much more time on building our business, as the time spent fulfilling orders is no longer necessary. We have also found that Lulu's customer service team is outstanding. Inquiries are always answered the same day, and usually within the hour. We could not be happier with our decision to implement the Lulu XPress app on our e-commerce site.

Nailgurl