Lulu xPress

Lulu xPress

by Lulu Publishing

Create, Sell and Ship books easily with the Lulu xPress App

Aretios

This app has been really helpful to us! We've been able to hook up our printed items from Lulu (we love their printing quality!) to our shopify buttons and use them on our website for a streamlined order and fulfillment process. We couldn't do business without this!

Cindy Bendel Designs

This app doesn't work. I installed it then tried to create a book. I keep getting the following message:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Unable to select your Connected Shopify Product?
We've identified a bug that is preventing users from selecting a Product while creating their Lulu xPress project. We're actively working on a fix.

March 31, 2020

We're sorry you experienced this issue during your attempt to use our app and that you were unable to use the provided workaround. In the future, please reach out to us and we can try to help you. Our DEV team is testing a fix for this issue and should be able to deploy it soon, so we hope you'll give us another try! Please feel free to reach out directly to us if you have any questions.

How to NOT Get Hired

LuLu enabled us to deliver our book directly to our customers with a minimum of difficulty and our contact Cary was very helpful and patient with us as we went through the process.

MotorsportMaps

If you are planning to start a business around selling books, be vary wary before jumping in head first with this app. There are issues with the app as well as print quality control.

We have been using the Lulu Xpress App for about 4 months now to print thousands of books. Our library consists of about 90 titles and we have spent thousands of dollars with Lulu.

The app is riddled with bugs and issues. It is finicky and breaks easily. Many times it feels like wrestling a bear to get the app to do what it is supposed to.

Whether you're trying to view your orders or trying to upload/update a book, a new error or bug will present itself. The app requires various workarounds to avoid these bugs, but regardless a new one will pop up in its place, bringing production to a halt. "Internal Server Errors" seem to never go away. We hold our breath every time we launch the app, cringing at what broken mess we're going to run into.

This is not something that a business can afford to deal with on a weekly basis. As it stands, we have not been able to access the app at all in over a week.

We have been working with customer service to solve these issues. This is an additional problem in itself. The line of communication is not efficient. You will be in contact through an email support ticket chain. With this chain, your customer service rep will relay or mediate your issue to a "developer" who is "working on the problem."

It is just flat out inefficient and we expected more support and competency considering the volume we are producing and future plans of growth for our business.

To their defense, customer service does reply fairly quickly. They do try and it seems they are sincere in their efforts to help in whatever way they can. Unfortunately, they're dealing with a broken app.

The backend development of this app has a long way to go. The errors and bugs shouldn't exist to begin with.

Because we are in this far, we will continue using Lulu for the time being, in hopes that they are able to iron out these issues soon. I will update this review once they do. Until then, I would not recommend this app.

Tommy Owen Design & Publishing

For YEARS I've searched for a solution like Lulu xPress. This is a complete game-changer for anybody wanting to publish a book and sell with complete ease. These guys are way ahead of the game and their prices rock too.

January 29, 2020

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. We're glad you're happy with the xPress experience so far and hope you will continue to prosper with your books!

101 Pit Bulls

This app was easy to use during my book launch! I had a pop up event and I was able to check people out, apply discounts, track my sales and customers. So easy!!!

January 29, 2020

Thanks for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We're so glad you decided to try out the Shopify/xPress experience for your calendars and wish you continued success!

StopStoppingTheUnstoppable

This app is fantastic! It fulfills my orders without any additional work on my end. Works seamlessly and allows my store to run hands free. I don't even need to keep my own inventory.

Altered Aesthetics Training Academy

I decided to create notebooks and practice guides for my upcoming training academy and wanted to offer additional copies to my students at a reasonable price. It was so easy to set up my Shopify store, connect the Lulu xPress App and create products. I love the fact that I do not have to buy in bulk and ship any orders myself. This app saves me so much time and money that the free time I do have, I can spend with family. Thank you you so much Lulu for making an app that allows me to connect with my students and create some wonderful training tools.

April 17, 2019

Altered Aesthetics, thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. We're glad you're happy with the xPress experience so far, but please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any issues. Best of luck with your training academy and thanks again for your review!

Kampion Fitness

This app simply does NOT work! I've actually reached out to their support team TWO times over the course of 3 months and they haven't responded... it's a shame because I actually use their website to print my books...

April 16, 2019

Hi Kampion. We are so bummed that you're having this issue, but thank you for reporting it to us when you did. We have actually responded quickly each time, but not sure if it went to your spam folder initially. Even worse, it seems isolated to your instance and is making it harder for our team to replicate and fix. However, the team thinks they've found the issue and are working on a fix for it, to be released within our next sprint. We appreciate you as a customer and value your feedback, and hopefully we get the chance to help you connect your store and products soon. Thanks again!

House of Suffering

This app has been great so far! I was hesitant at first because of some of the negative reviews, but I'm glad I downloaded it. Set up took about 45 minutes minute in total, including the mapping of my book products from Lulu. We have completed multiple test orders and the process and end product has been excellent. This app allows us to create and sell several books and journals that will generate extra revenue for us while we focus on building our other product categories. *Pro tip: watch the videos Lulu provides on their youtube channel, as those were also a great help when configuring shipping and other stuff.

April 22, 2019

Thanks for giving it a shot H.O.S., we're glad you're enjoying it so far! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions...

Previous 1 3