Lulu xPress

Lulu xPress

by Lulu Publishing

Create, Sell and Ship books easily with the Lulu xPress App

Adventurers Tale

I tried to use the app and create a book but I failed. So after a few hours trying I wrote an email to the Customer Service. They answered that my request was highly important but they won't answer because of too high level of request they have to face.
It's an absolute shame to face such a situation so I deleted the app and wen to competition and found some offering great service.
So as a piece of advice, I recommend to flee Lulu "service".

MimsHouseBooks

For children's books, the print quality from LuluXpress is amazing! Their 80# glossy paper makes the color so vibrant. They ship worldwide, and easily handle large orders. Our experience with this app has been positive all the way. Highly recommended.

Kinetic Belief Store

LOVE LULU!!! There is nothing I dislike about the app. Make sure you aren't using in Safari, Chrome works great. The main thing is putting turnaround times on your site so customers aren't expecting overnight shipping. Even through the Covid ordeal, this company was awesome to work with and never shut down. Once set up this app really does allow you start small and grow quickly. And AWESOME customer service. They resolved any issue quickly and were really communicative. Their printing costs are comparatively super low as well. I have moved to bulk orders and they are still the cheapest domestically.

Custom Journal Designs

App works but so much room for improvement. It's buggy and often hangs and spins. The connected books cannot be easily filtered in a search and requires you manually search page by page to find anything (a real PITA when you have lots of titles!).

The benefit of the app is that it connects shopify orders and, for the most part, it does achieve that. However, it often causes lots of unnecessary frustration in the process.

Hoping the developers continue to work on this app to improve the functionality and ease of use for the end users.

Aretios

This app has been really helpful to us! We've been able to hook up our printed items from Lulu (we love their printing quality!) to our shopify buttons and use them on our website for a streamlined order and fulfillment process. We couldn't do business without this!

Cindy Bendel Designs

This app doesn't work. I installed it then tried to create a book. I keep getting the following message:

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Unable to select your Connected Shopify Product?
We've identified a bug that is preventing users from selecting a Product while creating their Lulu xPress project. We're actively working on a fix.

March 31, 2020

We're sorry you experienced this issue during your attempt to use our app and that you were unable to use the provided workaround. In the future, please reach out to us and we can try to help you. Our DEV team is testing a fix for this issue and should be able to deploy it soon, so we hope you'll give us another try! Please feel free to reach out directly to us if you have any questions.

How to NOT Get Hired

LuLu enabled us to deliver our book directly to our customers with a minimum of difficulty and our contact Cary was very helpful and patient with us as we went through the process.

MotorsportMaps

(SECOND REVIEW - 9/21/2020): Production times are over a month. I have customers complaining daily, asking where their orders are. This is not an issue of the USPS or Fedex, this is a production/manufacturing issue that Lulu has faced since we began working with them.

We get the same old runaround from customer service about how they are working on it. We have been working with Lulu for about a year now and it has just been painful from start to finish.

If you're serious about starting a print-on-demand product, look elsewhere. It will save you a lot of headache in the long run for your business. Do not be fooled by Lulu's flashy interface and design. It's all smoke and mirrors. Behind the scenes it's a mess.

(FIRST REVIEW - 4/27/2020): If you are planning to start a business around selling books, be vary wary before jumping in head first with this app. There are issues with the app as well as print quality control.

We have been using the Lulu Xpress App for about 4 months now to print thousands of books. Our library consists of about 90 titles and we have spent thousands of dollars with Lulu.

The app is riddled with bugs and issues. It is finicky and breaks easily. Many times it feels like wrestling a bear to get the app to do what it is supposed to.

Whether you're trying to view your orders or trying to upload/update a book, a new error or bug will present itself. The app requires various workarounds to avoid these bugs, but regardless a new one will pop up in its place, bringing production to a halt. "Internal Server Errors" seem to never go away. We hold our breath every time we launch the app, cringing at what broken mess we're going to run into.

This is not something that a business can afford to deal with on a weekly basis. As it stands, we have not been able to access the app at all in over a week.

We have been working with customer service to solve these issues. This is an additional problem in itself. The line of communication is not efficient. You will be in contact through an email support ticket chain. With this chain, your customer service rep will relay or mediate your issue to a "developer" who is "working on the problem."

It is just flat out inefficient and we expected more support and competency considering the volume we are producing and future plans of growth for our business.

To their defense, customer service does reply fairly quickly. They do try and it seems they are sincere in their efforts to help in whatever way they can. Unfortunately, they're dealing with a broken app.

The backend development of this app has a long way to go. The errors and bugs shouldn't exist to begin with.

Because we are in this far, we will continue using Lulu for the time being, in hopes that they are able to iron out these issues soon. I will update this review once they do. Until then, I would not recommend this app.

Tommy Owen Design & Publishing

For YEARS I've searched for a solution like Lulu xPress. This is a complete game-changer for anybody wanting to publish a book and sell with complete ease. These guys are way ahead of the game and their prices rock too.

January 29, 2020

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. We're glad you're happy with the xPress experience so far and hope you will continue to prosper with your books!

101 Pit Bulls

This app was easy to use during my book launch! I had a pop up event and I was able to check people out, apply discounts, track my sales and customers. So easy!!!

January 29, 2020

Thanks for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We're so glad you decided to try out the Shopify/xPress experience for your calendars and wish you continued success!

Previous 1 3