Lulu xPress

Lulu xPress

by Lulu Publishing

Sell your books with Lulu's print-on-demand fulfillment app

Kirk & Bradley

We're issuing "how to" mini-books and this is a convenient and streamlined way to deliver our products straight to customers.

This website is a DBA of Mr. John Carson Lester Jr & the TeleDistributors Call Center. Click the COG to the TOP LEFT to SWITCH between our MANY THEMES!

Many if not most of the reviews here are terrible, especially considering that this is a company that more or less boasts that they are "Masters of the Print on Demand" book printing Universe.

Um, I don't think so.

Many here are complaining of really poor customer service as well as comically mishandled orders. Well, I haven't gotten yet to the mishandled order stage, but I have received really poor customer service.

I have been STUCK for about ten days now not getting too much done with LuLu although lately I've been able to forge ahead and make some progress mostly thanks to my own efforts. I finally managed to get one book accepted by the Lulu "platform." With AMAZON, everythng was INSTANT, worked the first time, and took mere minutes, not days. All this time I've been emailing and getting mostly ignored. Incomplete answers provided every 3 to 4 days, at best, with total radio silence in between.

I told their support via email about four hours ago that I had had it and that I was going to be leaving this one star review.

More radio silence.

THEY.DO.NOT.CARE.

They're Masters of the Universe, remember? sarc/

Creators Mag

I started a Print and Digital Magazine and thought I would try LuluxPress out because it was attached to shopify.. However this is the worst Print on demand service I will ever encounter! First I made sure my book was perfect and printed it for myself.. Finally I recieved it and the colours were distorted, the cut of the magazine was all off I was missing page numbers because they cut past the bleed line! I decided to try and fix it and give them another try and I released my first issue... This was a terrrrrrrrible mistake. I published the magazine and now there was an even bigger problem it took my customers months to receive the magazine. I was publishing 2 other magazines from a different Print on demand place and they were receiving those issues before my first one. VERY dissapointing. and every single purchase was a frustration because they were all extremely late and untraceable. I contacted them each time and LuluxPress made the excuse each time that it was stuck at the border so I was fed up and I made the switch! Until they are more developed and have a better system please don't waste your damn time.

The Rogue Crusade

While the product creation was fine, and the order process appeared to go smoothly, I've ordered a total of 5 books between two orders, and haven't received a single one.

**edit**

Customer service via Joseph has been very helpful with my initial problem, my review has gone from 1 to 3 stars after resolving the misunderstandings that were easily resolved. Holding off for the exciting conclusion to give a final review.

**second edit**

After some swift service from Joseph, my initial order was reprocessed and I finally had 3 copies of our book in hand, and they're absolutely beautiful. Far exceeded my expectations.

I'm hesitant to give the full five stars, because there was definitely some kind of mix-up in shipping with the first order, but the quality of the books and customer service is four stars well earned. I've reinstalled the app and will be giving it another go.

Marriage365

Awesome app and amazing team behind it!

Lulu xPress is exactly what we had been looking for and has been crucial in our books' success. The team behind this app (special shoutout to Nick!) has been incredibly supportive and responsive from the very beginning - from installing the app and getting the products all set up to now selling hundreds of books every week.

The app allowed us to truly make the experience our own (branding is so important when it comes to e-commerce!) and seamlessly integrate books alongside other products in our store. We look forward to launching and selling more books using this app and highly recommend it for any print-on-demand needs.

Dead Ends Entertainment

I think the book printing drop-shipping model is a fantastic idea, and I would use it for many books, but both test copies I've received have been printed incorrectly. There is an issue with the templates that make seemingly centered designs print off-center. The other issue is that our customers don't want to wait 20 days to receive their book. For these customers to get their package in a timely manner, the book would then cost three times what it should, rendering it a useless product.

While we'd love to work with this platform, and while we think that printing one book at a time instead of ordering in bulk would be amazing, this app has a while to go before we feel comfortable using it.

We'd need to proof every single customer's order, and that would take way too much time.

Once the templates are adjusted, and once the shipping rates change, this app will be AMAZING.

Atticusstore

Lulu xPress is an application designed to drop-ship books using a simple interface to upload your cover and interior and quickly go on sale. It does exactly what it says it will do.

While there are alternatives, Lulu is a world class provider of books that is difficult to avoid when reading about publishing options for the independent author. The interface does away with print ready pdfs and any need for human interaction when proofing a book but also makes the process intuitive so anyone can do it just like their more well known distribution options. xPress opens up their services to independent publishers as well with Press and the customer service of a long standing / reputable company already in place is really great.

This is a new application. Updates very frequent and we haven't had any issues.

Goarchitect

This app opens up an entire new dimension to GoArchitect.co we are able to create new publications that can be treated as live documents and updated on the fly when new information is discovered or new content is desired.

It does have some startup pains however, while the actual print quality is excellent, the accuracy of the orders can be hit and miss. I have received numerous test orders that have been in one way or another incorrect. Things like the pages being backwards that make the end product unusable.

The company is very responsive however and have been working through the issues. When the general quality assurance is raised, this app DESERVES 5 stars.

Commandinglife

UPDATE: Rating updated from 3 to 4. The company is committed to making things work, and it is seen. Customer service is 10 stars! Top notch. They are very responsive and kind and work very hard to resolve issues. Things have improved since my last review. Give them a try. I believe in this app and will keep using.

Old review
Not sure how to review this app. On one hand, I am happy to have the app, but it is so new they are STILL working out bugs. Very frustrating.

Lulu is dream come true. You are able to print books on demand and ship them all over the world! But that is where my love affair stopped. The app is new and there are constantly kinks.

The support team is responsive on half of the issues and none responsive on the other half. So I am somewhere in the middle of loving this app and hating the growing pains.

PROS
You can get your book printed on demand and shipped all over the world.

CONS
My first order was messed up, thank goodness I was the guinea pig on the order. I always do a test order to see what the customer sees. Still waiting on a response for a REAL reason why my book was printed incorrectly and everyone else was not.

If you are selling a few books this app is great. If you are selling a few hundred books, be prepared to spend hours manually fulfill all those orders yourself. Very time-consuming. I am so happy for this app, that I am willing to overlook this. But the app within Shopify is very difficult to maneuver back and forth for order fulfillment. You will need patience.

International shipping is not tracked. I hope they resolve this issue soon as of right now there is no way to provide proof of delivery. (as sellers we need this protection) Cheapest shipping option internationally says 'priority', but priority shipping has no tracking info. The next best options will cost twice as much as your book. Again, happy to have the app, so will keep overlooking these issues and pray Lulu works it out.

I will wait patiently until they work the kinks out. When they do I will update my review.

Ticats Store

We’d highly recommend this app! Lulu xPress does all the printing and ships right to the customer. All we have to do on our end is fulfill the order, then Lulu xPress takes over. Seamless! It saves us time and we don’t have to carry inventory. Lulu xPress is a user-friendly app that walks you through the whole process of uploading your book and they have friendly and helpful tech staff who quickly assist with any questions. Five stars!

Previous 1