Lulu xPress

Lulu xPress

by Lulu Publishing

Create, Sell and Ship books easily with the Lulu xPress App

The Relevant Elephant Publishing Company

Anytime something has come up Lulu has excellent customer service and they work with you directly (not a robot) to solve your problems.

January 28, 2021

Thanks for the review MD! We're glad to see your store is running smoothly and that people are enjoying your books. We appreciate your patience with some of the steps in the set-up process and enjoyed working with you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for anything else you might need!

Rhonda World

Have tried multiple times to get this app working and all I have to show for it is a lot of frustration and wasted time. Absolutely the WORST app experience I've had so far. Incredibly disappointed, expected much better from such a major company.

February 1, 2021

We apologize for any frustration you may have experience while trying to set up our app. Please reach out to us through our support page or email us directly at “integrations@lulu.com” and we would be happy to assist you with setting up our app.

Hausofassembly

I launched a print on demand store for stationery. And have had a horrible experience in terms of the length of time it takes for orders to be delivered in addition to customer assistance. The "estimated time frames" are merely suggestions. The real dates of arrival could be more than 2 weeks past then... Also, they never actually say how long production takes. however, once they list your order's status as "in production" they refuse to allow you to cancel your orders. Would definitely look into other print on demand partners for books

February 5, 2021

We are a print-on-demand company. All products are printed after an order has been placed. Factors such as volume, weather, and pandemics will affect production times, which is why we cannot guarantee specific production windows. We do provide a 1 hour cancellation window for all orders. Once production begins we cannot cancel the order because resources and materials have already been dedicated to the job and would need to be thrown out. Cancelling an order after production begins is also very disruptive to the production process and may affect other orders around it causing print defects and further delays to the production process.

If you or anyone has any questions or concerns about our production times or processes, please reach out to us and we will be more than happy to discuss it.

The Klassic Co

I connected this app to my website so that my journals can ship to the customers directly without me having to order in bulk. There must be a glitch in the system because several of the orders from my website has not transferred over to the app. Thankfully my number of orders is self manageable or this is something that I would not have easily caught. In trying to resolve the issue, Lulu is currently not taking calls, they are only handling everything through email which requires a longer wait time. I have customers ordering items as Christmas gifts and I can't even process their order which is so frustrating from a business stance.

February 1, 2021

We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue for you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Transit Design

I am new to the Lulu xPress app, and I have had more than 100 orders go thru the app in the past 2 weeks. The problem is, I can only see my most recent 20 orders within the Lulu app, if I try to click beyond the first 2 pages - it does not show the rest. I am not able to access the status, tracking or customer information for those orders via the app and this is a potential nightmare waiting to happen during the holiday season.

Jean Williams Studio

I tried installing the app but it appeared to be buggy. My one star is based on just that experience. I was thinking I might try it again, but reading these reviews, I don't know if that's wise. I'm new to Shopify and ecommerce, but I can read! It seems there is more dissatisfaction than there should be with the lulu app. I've never used them before. I'm awaiting arrival of a sample calendar I did that I'd wanted to offer on my store. I created the calendar on the lulu site and thought I could just pull it into the lulu Xpress app, but apparently I'd have to start over and re-do the calendar inside the app. But I see nearly as many complaints about service here as satisfied customers. Are there any other options that anyone knows about for print on demand books publishers who integrate well with Shopify and are more highly rated?

The Obolus Press

Poor quality control. Poor customer support. I placed orders for several samples from LuLu (both in Shopify via the app and through xpress.lulu.com). The gloss cover paperback was fine, but the matte covers on three different paperbacks were badly curled. I also contacted support about the customized packing slip: LuLu acknowledged that there was an issue and said its developers were investigating, but it's been three weeks now and I still haven't heard back... It's a pity, because done properly I think this service would be a tremendous success (many small publishers would welcome the ability to have a third party process single book orders for them from their own websites) — but there is no way I could sell such a shoddy product to customers.

Product Design Interview

I use Lulu xPress for about two years now. It worked well until several months ago and it became a disaster. Apparently there is 0 quality assurance made at the printing facilities. I have numerous copies of my book delivered with pages empty of content. The support is always helpful and sends a replacement, but in last several weeks I had several clients who received faulty product even on second and THIRD attempt. Unfortunately it damages my relationship, since I really look unprofessional when customer receives a faulty product, then the replacement arrives faulty again and the next one again. It also affects my income since I have to refund such customers. I asked for clarifications when such issues can be fixed but didn't receive concrete answers. If you have an alternative consider avoiding Lulu.

Science Service Dog

Update: 2/5/2021. I am no longer using this app. I had a lot of calendars ordered that took months to arrive, and only did get printed and shipped because I contacted customer service relentlessly. I have entire threads of emails. Customer service did help get the orders fulfilled after customers started complaining, and after MANY emails back and forth. The calendars were really nice, and I would have preferred to keep using Lulu but not at the expense of my customers' business. Update: I really wanted to come back and change my original review saying things were resolved, but I can't. After multiple attempts, I finally got a human on the phone, who I thought was helpful. They did enable my product in my store so that customers could order, which they did, however, it has been 20 days now and the order has not even gone to production because the original issue was not fixed. I am stuck with $400 in sales, no product, angry customers, and still, no answer when (or if) they will get their product at the height of the holiday season. If I could give zero stars I would since they have done nothing to assist nor can I get any product. I made a calendar for my Shopify store, it shows up in my store but you can't order it, I keep getting an error message when attempting to place an order. I have contacted their customer service, no response. I contacted Shopify, they confirmed it was not on their end and contacted Lulu xPress's customer service copying me on the email and I did get an email back several days later. I sent screenshots as requested and since then nothing. I have tried for 10-days to resolve this and nothing. I will move on to another app and start over.

February 5, 2021

We apologize for any frustration you experienced while setting up our app. We see that you are currently fulfilling orders through the Lulu xPress app. Your success is very important to us and we want to support your business as best we can. We have reached out to you, but have not heard back. If you are still in need of assistance, please let us know.

Doug Collins CAD

I really like the Lulu App and how it all easily integrates with my website. It has allowed me to sell my book directly and because it is automated that gives me more to follow-up with the my readers.