Mailchimp

Mailchimp | Reviews

by Mailchimp

Drive traffic and sales with easy-to-use marketing tools.

Shop BBJ

Very Buggy, Whenever I want to update products onto a email template, it always ask me to reconnect my Shopify store.

July 30, 2021

Hello there!

Thanks so much for the feedback. We would like to point out that this is not an issue with ShopSync, but it could very well be a Mailchimp interface bug that we should submit to them to resolve.

ShopSync does not have any connection with the Mailchimp app itself, as our primary job is to get e-commerce data from your store into your Mailchimp account for segmenting or reporting etc.

Can you please reach out to your support team at Mailchimp and explain what's happening with your account? They should be able to help you resolve this issue. If you're still running into issues, you may also reach out to our support team as well and we'll be glad to assist further.

Thanks!

Petra's Design Shop

I had subscribed for chat support a while ago and when I had my subscription made I have asked them for help via live chat and I got just an email from them telling me that I should subscribe for chat support before they can help me via chat. I just got sent some general information via email to solve a problem. I was waiting for hours for an answer but I did not got any further help . No answers via live chat and no emails but in the end they came back to me and explained it had to do with a kind of delay on their side. I still question this answer because I had this subscription a few days already before I had my first question via live chat made. This time delay cannot be a few days? In the end we were able to solve the problem via chat then. If you would like to reach them via chat they are working only at ET time. I give them 3 stars for now and if they turn to out to be really useful in future I may update my star rating to a higher score. I stay with them for now because far more difficult problems may arise in future and it is good to stay with them for now.

July 12, 2021

Hi there, we responded to your latest email and chat is now online. Please let us know how we can help!

FittedHats.com

There is absolutely no reason, why this app has to sync my products. Big red flag for us, and immediate uninstall.

July 12, 2021

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. The reason why we sync products over to Mailchimp is so you can utilize it in your email marketing. For example, say you'd like to make product recommendations on campaigns that are sent out in the future. Also, syncing of the products helps you segment and tag your customers in Mailchimp; it's a great value-add when you're trying to learn about what your customers are buying and following up after the transaction.

Let us know if you have any thoughts on why this wouldn't be ideal in your case, we're happy to consider any future enhancements. Feel free to reach out to us at support@shopsync.io.

Turulata

Acabo de sincronizarla con mi tienda online así que no se como me va a funcionar, lo que echo mucho de menos es que no esté en español, tengo que estar todo el tiempo utilizando el traductor y es muy incómodo.

Spaō

Pretty efficient except for one tiny detail that ends up being problematic : the `create date` field from Shopify is not synchronized with MailChimp when a new customer is created via Shopify API. Any chance this could be fixed?

January 15, 2021

Hi there, thanks for your review. We do pass the "date added" to Mailchimp as shown here in this example: https://a.cl.ly/nOuD0ww1. If you create a segment in Mailchimp, you can also filter those users by "date added".

Create date per se, would be the same thing, correct? Let us know if we're missing anything and we'll be glad to see what we can do.

Long Table Distillery

I am not sure how it will work as it's a bit of a mystery. I had an import issue for an "Age Verification" field that was a required merge and their support put me through rigours that did not resolve the issue. The age verification field was a mandatory field and there was no alternative to map it to in the pop up field entries. I just mapped it to Customer Notes so it would merge my date between Shopify and Mailchimp but who knows if that can be changed later or fixed so it records proof of age properly - we sell alcohol so this is important!! I wish I could call and talk with someone but no such option exists so I am still riding blind and wondering if it will work at all - confidence is low right now.

October 21, 2020

Hi there, we saw your review and wanted to reach back out. We also replied to your support ticket that was posted for some of your other questions. With the situation you're describing in the review, you would need to contact Mailchimp if you're having any trouble getting that age verification merge tag put in. Once that's done, ShopSync's merge tag mapper can populate data in that field with no issue. If you want to fill in past data for any reason, you could initiate a force resync from the ShopSync app inside of Shopify.

Please let us know if you need additional support around the features in ShopSync, we're happy to help anytime.

Oakland Roots SC

The app technically works, but there is a glaring bug that I'm not sure anyone has figured out a workaround for. If you send an email to a subscribed customer through Mailchimp and they click through the email and make a purchase but do not check the email opt in at the check out page, they get changed to transactional emails only. Meaning that you can't send them marketing comms moving forward. This leads to your highest quality subscribers essentially being opted out. Also, if they make it through the check out process AND check the box to receive email comms, the data gets passed through to Mailchimp as if they are a new subscriber and will get put into whatever onboarding workflow you have set up (if you have an onboarding program for new subs). So yes, this app works, but it often provides an experience for the end user that can make you and your site look like you don't know what you're doing an ultimately can turn people off to buying your products. I hope this gets sorted out eventually.

October 19, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We wanted to let you know that this behavior was patched on 10/12: https://shopsync.io/changelog.

Here is more information about it in our support area on how we handle those situations: https://support.shopsync.io/using-shopsync/syncing-information#subscribers-added-to-a-mailchimp-audience-prior-to-checking-out-in-your-shopify-store

If you're still having challenges with this after the update, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@shopsync.io.

CP Designs Unlimited, LLC

I used this app to help me sync MailChimp with Shopify. Seemingly that is fine (although I received an email stating otherwise). I upgraded to ProPlan so I could contact Customer Support. Response? You need to upgrade to ProPlan. I'm hoping my experience improves.

September 1, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the note. We'll be glad to help with any issue or problem that comes up with the app. Please reach out to us at support@shopsync.io.

Christmas Songs & Carols

This works but the Merge fields aren't showing for me and when a customer signs up to our newsletter it takes about 5-10 minutes to send to Mailchimp and sometimes doesn't send at all even though in their knowledge base it says real time sync.

Only using the app because the Mailchimp platform is so great.

August 3, 2020

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. We saw your review and wanted to drop a note on the syncing times. We rely on Shopify to send us webhooks for any kind of update on customers, products, and orders. Depending on the volume on Shopify's infrastructure at that specific point in time, webhooks may have been delayed. Normally, transfer times are close to real-time to Mailchimp.

Ultimately, data is not lost if there is a backlog of information to process, it just may take a few minutes to go through if the queues are backed up. We'll update our documentation to reflect this possibility, thanks again for the feedback.

Trapunto

ShopSync seems to do an excellent job until we passed the 2,000 limit on MailChimp. I cleaned our contacts of people who haven't been engaging, and our subscriber count became accurate again, freeing up room. However, looking today, I somehow gained another 20 or so contacts and seeing they aren't subscribed, I cleaned the list again. It seems like whoever is making a purchase is automatically being added to our contact list. Is there any way to not allow that to happen? I really don't have time to maintain my contact list daily.

May 11, 2020

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Out of the box, ShopSync is designed to be a connector between Shopify and Mailchimp. Our app is engineered to sync all orders, customers (who accept marketing), products, and revenue data.

If you would like to periodically remove users in your Audience, that's totally up to your discretion.

Previous 1 3