Mailchimp: Email Marketing

Mailchimp: Email Marketing

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.5)
Developer
Mailchimp
3.5
Edited December 6, 2022

UPDATE 12-6-22: Received an answer via Mailchimp for Shopify Support (app developer team) and they tried to help us. They rolled out an update and after that our problem was solved! Now everything is running as normal: perfect and smooth :-) 11-09-22: We are running into a technical issue with customers optin into our newsletter. Mailchimp is telling us we need to get in contact with the Mailchimp app developer, but if we get in contact with them via the email (no other option??) we receive the following: Thanks for reaching out. The support team for Mailchimp for Shopify is currently offline. If you have specific how-to-use Mailchimp questions (setting up Campaigns, Pop-ups, Automations, etc.), the support team for those features is online 24/7, 7 days a week. You can reach out to them anytime via this support link. Otherwise, we'll be in touch when we're back in the office as soon as we can! Have a great day in the meantime. So NO SUPPORT and in the meantime we have a BIG issue, but no help!

Your Wishes
Netherlands
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Mailchimp replied November 9, 2022

Hi there, we checked the support requests here at the app development team, and it looks like we replied to your initial question within a few hours. Perhaps our response went to spam? We want to help out with any questions you may have.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us at ecommappsupport@mailchimp.com, and we'll be happy to assist!

September 19, 2022

The initial sync went really well. My contacts, products and transactions all connected successfully, which was a huge relief. Later I got stuck on syncing my tags from Shopify to Mailchimp. So far I've been working on it for a few hours and the Shopify tags still aren't showing up in MailChimp. I only have ~ 200 customers and maybe five tags so I wasn't expecting this to be so frustrating. Now MailChimp is running in slow motion and its very confusing whether sync is causing this or something else? When you select the tags in Shopify to sync to Mailchimp, there is no "save" button or "sync" indicator to show its working. Overall, I love Shopify and Mailchimp. Amazing, incredibly powerful products. But this tag sync issue has me stumped and I'm spending too much time trying to figure it out.

FlipFresh - Elevate Your Spices
Time spent using app: About 3 hours
Edited December 10, 2021

I've been using MailChimp and the ShopSync app which MailChimp now bought. Having problems with high abuse complaints, although I have no idea how that is possible since we are a small company that follows all the strict guidelines. Then for some reason customers are not syncing correctly. People who have unsubscribed can't resubscribe. It's a mess. However, the customer service is helpful if you have a paid plan and they are helping me sort it out, which is nice to know they are reliable in that sense.

GNL Footwear
Switzerland
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
July 30, 2021

Very Buggy, Whenever I want to update products onto a email template, it always ask me to reconnect my Shopify store.

Shop BBJ
Time spent using app: About 1 year
Mailchimp replied July 30, 2021

Hello there!

Thanks so much for the feedback. We would like to point out that this is not an issue with ShopSync, but it could very well be a Mailchimp interface bug that we should submit to them to resolve.

ShopSync does not have any connection with the Mailchimp app itself, as our primary job is to get e-commerce data from your store into your Mailchimp account for segmenting or reporting etc.

Can you please reach out to your support team at Mailchimp and explain what's happening with your account? They should be able to help you resolve this issue. If you're still running into issues, you may also reach out to our support team as well and we'll be glad to assist further.

Thanks!

Edited July 12, 2021

I had subscribed for chat support a while ago and when I had my subscription made I have asked them for help via live chat and I got just an email from them telling me that I should subscribe for chat support before they can help me via chat. I just got sent some general information via email to solve a problem. I was waiting for hours for an answer but I did not got any further help . No answers via live chat and no emails but in the end they came back to me and explained it had to do with a kind of delay on their side. I still question this answer because I had this subscription a few days already before I had my first question via live chat made. This time delay cannot be a few days? In the end we were able to solve the problem via chat then. If you would like to reach them via chat they are working only at ET time. I give them 3 stars for now and if they turn to out to be really useful in future I may update my star rating to a higher score. I stay with them for now because far more difficult problems may arise in future and it is good to stay with them for now.

Petra's Design Shop
Time spent using app: 5 months
Mailchimp replied July 12, 2021

Hi there, we responded to your latest email and chat is now online. Please let us know how we can help!