Mailmunch ‑ Email Popup

Developer
Mailmunch
4.6
July 20, 2022

False Advertising. The App store shows this has a FREE plan, which is 100% not true. The only option it gives you is the Premium Plan when you sign up for the trial. I then Chatted with Mail Much and asked "how do I sign up for the advertised FREE plan?"....they responded with: "Hi Bryan, thanks for reaching out.
Mailmunch no longer offers a free plan. When you create an account with Mailmunch, you will automatically be assigned a 14-day trial, after which you can choose to upgrade to the Premium plan."

BK Saber Sounds
Time spent using app: 21 days
Mailmunch replied July 25, 2022

Hi Bryan, Apologies for the inconvenience. One of our agents reached out to your regarding this issue. We would really appreciate it if you could respond to that email so we can have this issue addressed to your satisfaction.

June 14, 2022

There development uses wrong practices to lure people and they themselves do not provide accurate information. Such practices should be suspended from Shopify. They mention on the page under Free: Unlimited Subscribers
Forms & Popups
Landing Pages When you install the app, they automatically put you on a 14 day trial, WHY, where is that mentioned ? When convering with them over the email, they say they are not free, if that is the case then why it is not mentioned upfront on Shopify App store, they are only misleading people. Earlier the app was free for 1-2 forms, and it was a good app, but not anymore since they are using immoral tactics to lure people, then they say all old people who were using earlier, there app is still free, but that is not my question, the question is immoral ways used to lure people without disclosing full information. Stay away from these people, when the support does not know what is mentioned on there website interface as promotions, it becomes very dangerous as marketing team will promise what they want..

Shoppers Bar
Time spent using app: 2 months
Mailmunch replied June 15, 2022

Hi Shoppers Bar, Apologies for the inconvenience you had to face. We have reached out to you directly to have this issue resolved. I would appreciate it if you could revert to that email so we can address this situation to your liking.

November 2, 2021

This does the job just fine for email subscription pop-up, but is NOT transparent about its pricing and features for paid plans. Also it charges significantly more through Shopify than it does if you sign up separately. I upgraded from free to $14.99 a month so I could send emails to my customers and was just informed I can't send a 3rd email to my customers (yes, 3rd ever email! I've been in business for two months!) because I hit the "limit" that is not listed anywhere. That's after they encouraged me to upgrade so I could send emails! I double checked the fine print which I always read and save, and it was not mentioned. If you want to use them for emails, just go direct through their website and save significant $$$$ or my advice would be to look elsewhere.

The Cuddly Owl
Time spent using app: 2 months
Mailmunch replied December 6, 2021

Hi The Cuddly Owl, We applogize for the inconvenience you had to face. It is my understanding that your queries were responded to and addressed on our Live chat support. We do have usage-based pricing listed in the billing section along with a clear breakdown of each charge individually.

If there are still any concerns left, please do let us know.

July 14, 2021

This is terribly insane to charge more than once, especially for a starter, the fees charged is much more than other edm apps. Charged 24.99 at the first place, and then 49.99 for a premium newsletter template, and telling me if the page exceeds a certain amount, they are going to charge more! All the fees are not clear and far more than the plan tells you, so ugly the way you people make money,

Tilamionline
China
Time spent using app: About 2 months
Mailmunch replied August 23, 2021

Hi Tilamionline, Apologies for any inconvenience you had to face. The usage fee is applied only for email marketing plans for additional subscribers. This fee is mentioned on the pricing page as well before you proceed to the checkout step. We have also reached out to you directly to address any additional concerns you may have.

Edited March 4, 2021

Over the past 15 days, mailmunch twice disabled the emails of messages, there is no support on weekends. Both outages resulted in a loss of sales and customer confidence.
Updated! Even on Monday, no answers from support.
Updated. Message from mailmunch - We are also currently working on expanding our customer success coverage to 24/7 so esteemed users such as yourself do not have to face any such inconvenience.
Updated - It was disabled 3rd time during 20 days

OhSpecs
Estonia
Time spent using app: 11 months
Mailmunch replied March 10, 2021

Hi Artem, Apologies for the inconvenience. I checked on my end and I can see that this issue has been taken care of. Can you please confirm if that is the case? If the issue persists, please reach out to us at "support@mailmunch.co" so I can have this issue resolved for you on a priority basis.