Overall rating Based on 6 reviews
Awesome app, I'm using it as the main search function for my website to search by area and its perfect!
Really happy with this app. Very easy to use and It also allows uploading a bulk of location which is very useful when u have around 2000 stores. The support from plugin owner is superb, really quick, really friendly. When I asked about a specific feature, they actually went extra to work on that and got it upgraded really quick. Definitely recommend this plugin.
Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate your feedback and input on the new features as well. Enjoy the app!
I gave this 4 stars simply because the backend admin function is not quite there. See below under CONS.
Pros of this App:
1) Easy to upload a batch of addresses (we had over 1200). It is fast. You have to stay within the simple naming conventions for the street addresses (if U.S.), not to include zip codes in some instances and follow this STREET, CITY, STATE formatting. Mapify Support stated not to add SUITE #, APT, or other identifiers after the street address so that their system can geo-locate the location for you automatically. We did, it worked on most of the addresses, however, we experienced issues where it would place some addresses in other countries. We just deleted them, then added them manually.
2) Easily add addresses, locations, tags, images, etc.
3) Is responsive and looks great on mobile
4) Can customize the maps with your own images
5) Excellent, Quick Support
CONS (only issue is with backend features):
In the backend admin of the app:
1) There is no SEARCH feature for addresses. This is not feasible if you have 1000's of locations. You have to manually click the next button to go to the next page and they only list a few per page
2) Once you get to the address that you need to delete or update. It sends you back to the starting location, so you have to click next next next until you get to the next location that you need to edit
3) There is no sorting function to display the locations. This would not be needed if you could search for locations
4) There is no DELETE ALL locations button. Definitely needed if you have huge list of addresses and you have a lot of errors on the map.
The video for the app covers this, but you will want to:
1) First Create a Map and Name it (ie: U.S. Map)
2) Next, select TAGS, then add your tagging first. (ie: West Coast, East Coast or you can put it in by state AL, AR, CA, etc.) then manually add a location to test it.
3) If you are going to IMPORT a large set of locations, there is a field for TAGGING, be sure to add your tags there. Example: if you have CA as one of your tags, make sure you add this tag to the import for the location with CA for California.
4) If you are going to IMPORT a large set of locations, there is a field for "Location Address or GPS Coordinates". You will want to put your address in this field (ie: Street, City, State) you can try adding the zip code too, but I would just import 5 addresses at first to test.
You can download the CSV file that is needed for importing within the admin of the app on the BATCH IMPORT PAGE.
Overall, I like the app and the front end functionality. If they fix these issues above, they will have a 5 star plus app!
After using the app for a few days...
When you batch upload locations some of them say they cannot find the location and to enter them manually.
It would be nice if you could select SHOW ALL WRONG ADDRESSES or something like that and perhaps an export feature for that list so a user and update the list and reimport it correctly.
I had to upload my list, then test it on the front end, then go into google to find the correct address, then add it to the upload csv file in order for it to fix the addresses. - But it works well once you have the addresses on there correctly.
***UPDATE November 2019*** We have now implemented the ability to search and sort locations and maps as originally suggested by this review, and other customer's feedback. This new feature allows you to search, filter by newest/oldest or alphabetically, and the ability to bulk delete locations. We hope it will go a long way in solving the issues you've experienced, and again we appreciate the constructive criticism, which has informed us on how to make MapifyPro even better :)
Thanks for the feedback! To clarify, this customer is referring to the admin section as being in need of the search function. For the front-end maps, search is of course a feature. We are actively looking into adding the search, delete all, and other "quality of life" updates for the admin locations/maps, and appreciate the suggestion!
We chose this app because it offers better display options than any of the other locators we could find. When we installed, we found that we had some issues to overcome with integration into our website. The MapifyPro team was truly exceptional in helping us to resolve the issues and get the map working/looking perfectly. They are professional, prompt and thorough. Highly recommended!
All Inclusive Dining IKE
Most important comparing to the other solutions we evaluated, is that it was simple to use and you can add rich content for each entry.
The result you get with basic customization is pretty nice and scales well enough with multiple entries (some improvements could be made here).
All in all very satisfied with MapifyPro
Flash Shine Apparel
This is probably the most impressive Shopify maps app I've used, and it's really nice that they include everything at one cost, rather than the annoying tiers used by other, similar apps (you can have as many maps/locations as needed here). I use it for a store locator but it's very flexible. There are a LOT of features included and the design/aesthetics are top notch. I also contacted support for a question and they were very quick to reply. Overall, nice work!