Marsello

Marsello

by Marsello

Sell more with email, SMS, rewards programs, recommendations

HOPE & STONE

It's really good that the app charges you only when you get real subscribers, more than 250 if I'm not mistaken. Very user-friendly and fairly priced.

June 23, 2019

Thanks for your review :)

Jack Stillman

If it's too good to be true - it usually is. I am sad that I need to update this review and warn against using Marsello for the short term. The email campaign feature is garbage. Two weeks in a row now it has crashed after attempts to send strategic marketing messages to segmented customers. I have worked with the developers but unfortunately responses are not timely (24 hours +). The rewards program is adequate for the current price point but without an effective email marketing integration you are restricted in the strategies you can deploy to exploit the program. There's no point having a rewards program for the sake of charity. One hopes the developers at Marsello know what they're doing but if they do, they are doing it at the expense of people like me. (well, not anymore)

June 4, 2019

Thanks for following up with your review. We've reached out to you with a follow-up email to get a bit more information so we can help you.

Good Dog People™

3 Aug: We do offer gift cards on our store and it was only last week we realised the purchase of gift cards would automatically be rewarded with points, which customers use the same gift cards to purchase items on our store and get rewarded with points again. That's duplication of points. We raised this to the customer support team, and Abby responded in exact words. "This wouldn't be considered a duplicate by the system." Abby also said. "We appreciate the feedback as we haven't had any similar opinions on gift card purchases being awarded points".

By principle, gift cards should be seen as currencies, not a SKU in your inventory. When someone purchase a gift card worth $1000, who use it to purchase $1,000 worth of goods, merchants are now obliged to give $2000 worth of points which they could have just given $1,000 worth of points. If this is not duplication, what is it?

Points should not be given to gift cards by default. If merchants decide to do so, they may have the option to opt in. Reward points are currencies and we ought to be careful with how it's being managed. Marcello's decision to make the opt-in as a default feature is a careless and inconsiderate one.

We have made quite a significant loss due to the duplication of points. I'm sharing here so merchants are informed and can do the necessary to opt-out reward points from gift card purchases.

-----

28 May: Issue was rectified on 24 May. Matt did his best to rectify the problem and offered compensation for the loss and technical glitch which I appreciate. Although the glitch is taking a toll on our customer service's time (and we have no idea when the queries would end), we're pleased that Matt asked for thorough feedback so that preventive measures could be implemented. We had a constructive discussion and I believe the Marsello team would do their best to work on the enhancements.

-----

24 May: All loyalty points were erroneously deposited / duplicated twice on 10 May and to our dismay, we only found out 2 days ago. 38 hours have passed - the problem hasn't been rectified and our questions not addressed yet. We're crossing over the weekend (we're in SGT) and another 48 hours will be lost.

We're going into a full blown crisis mode now and are forced to switch off the program. We have customers rushing to claim the vouchers and many of them have already used the vouchers from 10 May to 22 May. A huge loss is incurred and we're still waiting for the Marsello team to rectify and issue an official response.

The matter has been escalated to Shopify and has expressed their full support towards our demand of compensation from Marsello. But first, the problem needs to be rectified and we're still waiting.

May 24, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that the points settings for gift cards were not obvious when you set up. I see you now have this set to not reward points on gift card purchases. Our team is working on making this setting more of an obvious part of the set-up and readdressing what the default option is. Our support team is also on standby to help correct any past points for gift card purchases that you would like removed. Thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate it!

CraftChameleon

It was quite a jump in cost from our previous loyalty app. To be honest I would not have switched if they hadn't purchased the old app. We are a small business so this app, cost wise is a very heavy lift for us, so it needed to really perform.

So far it has replaced 2 paid apps and I see it replacing at least 1 more in a month or so; at the same time, the Marsello app offers more accessible targeted customer data. After the last app is replaced we will be even on our investment (budget balanced) plus I believe Marsello will allow us to better serve our customers than the 3 combined apps it is replacing.

The implementation had some rough patches but they never gave up until the issues were resolved. I have asked for some improvements to be added in the future and with their work history, I believe at some point I will see them.

The timing for this switch wasn't at an advantageous time for us, the initial investment for us was steep and implementation was a bit rough. With all of that said working with this company may have been one of the best moves I have made for our business. Stay tuned and I will keep you updated.

Apple & Radish

I use this app to set up my loyalty program and as an alternative to Mailchimp for Shopify. I tried other apps but they didn't have the functionality I needed or were too complicated to use. I like how I can use other things like free products and, in my case, planting trees on customer's behalf as rewards instead of just discounts. I am thrilled with Marsello and it just keeps getting better. I really like how more functions are being added all the time and soon it will be my email marketing one-stop-shop. Marsello's customer support is fantastic. Really helpful! I highly recommend this app!

Chasing Orchids Boutique

Love the ease of this app! I'm not tech savvy at all and this is easy to navigate and the customer support is amazing and quick to respond!

Boxify

AMAZING APP. REALLY. Great pricing. Great features. Great UX. I'm stunned with this. Its a must to automate!!!!!

Naturally Coromandel

I love this app. It is so easy to use and am getting great sales results!! A very user friendly app would recommend it to anyone wanting to set up automation emails and marketing.

Wig Shop Hair Beauty Canada

Awesome app because it actually has real insights so you can see where your money is going. You can do so much with this app. You can give rewards, send your customers email blasts and so much more. A must have for any business person who wants to see the big picture. I would highly recommend.

Kinfolk World

This professional product was the ultimate tool I used to help me connect with people who need my experiences, to give them strength and hope, in a world where all hope seems to be lost, and strength has been weaken in the quest for life's success! Thanks!