Marsello | Email & Loyalty

Marsello | Email & Loyalty

by Marsello

Grow sales with loyalty and email marketing automation

La Porte Des Secrets

nul nul nul
ne répond pas au mails
ça marche pas leur application
perdez pas votre temp avec eux !!!!!

June 28, 2019

Thanks for following up here. I believe our Support Team have been replying to your messages and are now waiting on your response to get more details about what you want help with. Hope to hear back from you soon so we can help.

Good Dog People™

3 Aug: We do offer gift cards on our store and it was only last week we realised the purchase of gift cards would automatically be rewarded with points, which customers use the same gift cards to purchase items on our store and get rewarded with points again. That's duplication of points. We raised this to the customer support team, and Abby responded in exact words. "This wouldn't be considered a duplicate by the system." Abby also said. "We appreciate the feedback as we haven't had any similar opinions on gift card purchases being awarded points".

By principle, gift cards should be seen as currencies, not a SKU in your inventory. When someone purchase a gift card worth $1000, who use it to purchase $1,000 worth of goods, merchants are now obliged to give $2000 worth of points which they could have just given $1,000 worth of points. If this is not duplication, what is it?

Points should not be given to gift cards by default. If merchants decide to do so, they may have the option to opt in. Reward points are currencies and we ought to be careful with how it's being managed. Marcello's decision to make the opt-in as a default feature is a careless and inconsiderate one.

We have made quite a significant loss due to the duplication of points. I'm sharing here so merchants are informed and can do the necessary to opt-out reward points from gift card purchases.

-----

28 May: Issue was rectified on 24 May. Matt did his best to rectify the problem and offered compensation for the loss and technical glitch which I appreciate. Although the glitch is taking a toll on our customer service's time (and we have no idea when the queries would end), we're pleased that Matt asked for thorough feedback so that preventive measures could be implemented. We had a constructive discussion and I believe the Marsello team would do their best to work on the enhancements.

-----

24 May: All loyalty points were erroneously deposited / duplicated twice on 10 May and to our dismay, we only found out 2 days ago. 38 hours have passed - the problem hasn't been rectified and our questions not addressed yet. We're crossing over the weekend (we're in SGT) and another 48 hours will be lost.

We're going into a full blown crisis mode now and are forced to switch off the program. We have customers rushing to claim the vouchers and many of them have already used the vouchers from 10 May to 22 May. A huge loss is incurred and we're still waiting for the Marsello team to rectify and issue an official response.

The matter has been escalated to Shopify and has expressed their full support towards our demand of compensation from Marsello. But first, the problem needs to be rectified and we're still waiting.

May 24, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that the points settings for gift cards were not obvious when you set up. I see you now have this set to not reward points on gift card purchases. Our team is working on making this setting more of an obvious part of the set-up and readdressing what the default option is. Our support team is also on standby to help correct any past points for gift card purchases that you would like removed. Thanks again for your feedback. We really appreciate it!

Brown Barn Botanicals

Been trying to get a response from them after they double charged me this month - Tried 3 times in 3 different ways. NO response and its been 4 days. I'm cancelling soon just because of no response. I had asked for them to reduce my subscription to the lowest level and refund their error. NOTHING - crickets - no response. When I quit a formal complaint will be filed against Marsello with Shopify. If I were Marsello I'd respond in the next 48 hours. This is my 4th way now of trying to get a response.

May 14, 2019

Thanks for following up. It looks like our reply may have gotten lost in your inbox over the weekend. Sorry if this caused frustration.
I understand that you've been speaking with our Head of Support today and they've sorted out a refund for the additional site you don't want on Marsello and they've turned this off on your integrations page in the app. Sorry about any confusion this caused. We are glad we got to the bottom of it together. Thanks for your follow up.

Lilly and Mimi Fabric Shop

I have cancelled this app but I still need to pay the monthly fee? can you pls tell me why???? This shouldn't be happened. pls don't charge me for anything as I don't use your app anymore. I put it on inactive by 30 July and wasn't available on my website since that time. This is illegal!!!

March 30, 2019

Thanks for reaching out. We can see that your subscription was cancelled the same day as you uninstalled the app on August 7th. I've sent you an email with some more detail.

GLYCO

These guys keep chopping and changing their plans and prices. Only a couple of months ago when they revamped their offerings their basic plan included all features even the premium features (loyalty tiers etc). Pricing was based on number of members/customers from memory and then you paid as your database grew. They have now gone and copied Smile.io since they recently updated their offerings and pricing structure which, in my opinion, is a far more robust and professional looking loyalty program. For these reasons I am staying with Smile.

March 3, 2019

Hi Glyco,
We changed our pricing to provide different plans for what different users wanted to use. You can rest assured, knowing we still honour the pricing plans our users are already when we changed pricing. And we give the option to change to new pricing if it works out better off for you :)

Breadvillage

I had a horrible experience!! Where do all these 5 star reviews come from?!

First off, there's utter lack of support. Their "support" is a bunch of know-nothings who keep deferring to their “team in New Zealand” and then nothing else happens. Placing support into a time zone out-of-synch with the rest of the world is NOT a good idea. If they want to charge $199/month they must do better than that.

The app had 3 major bugs when we tried it out:
(1) An existing customer was able to get a referral discount, even though only new customers should get a reward
(2) Points for referral actions weren’t tracked properly
(3) The system sent out emails to advocates with faulty point balances

These errors go to the core of a loyalty system. If you can’t track points and redemptions properly, you might as well shut down.

Moreover, they failed to tell me the Shopify file names and code sections where they added code. So I can't ascertain whether the uninstall is done properly. I fear they leave code behind, given how poorly and sloppily they have performed so far.

A terrible experience and big waste of time.

March 3, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a detailed review. I'd like to go over the points you raised here in an effort to make things right.

Unfortunately, back in April 2018 we didn’t yet have a dedicated weekend Support team, and instead checked on incoming messages a few times a day over the weekend, so response times may not have been as you expected. Sorry about this. We quickly hired a team to cover all time zones.

The $199 plan was optional and simply offered API access. However, we have since changed our pricing. Note: API access is still available on some plans by request.

Thanks for letting us know about the 2 issues you experienced and sorry it affected your account. We quickly added an extra check to make sure only new customers could be referred and also added easier email customization with points merge tags - Thanks for bringing it to our attention and for your feedback on the referral reporting. We have since made improvements based on this feedback.

Regarding the removal of the app code when you uninstall, this is done automatically.