Marsello | Email & Loyalty

Marsello | Email & Loyalty

by Marsello

Grow sales with loyalty & email campaigns & automation

Apotheosis Training Performance

It just doesn't look professional and looks cheap. I had 1 in 300 visitors even bother using it. Better off going a different route for me

August 12, 2019

Thanks for letting us know with your review. I've reached out to you by email to show you the design options which you may not have known about. We are also happy to help you get things looking the way you want.

Vidlogix

SUMMARY: Well designed UI, intuitive, affordable. An excellent option for merchants looking to fast track loyalty and email without worrying about complex trigger/workflow automation and HTML email template coding. Not suited for merchants requiring custom workflow automation as you are currently limited to 5 triggers. This is sufficient for most merchants.

I am willing to update this review provided the service provider addresses my in-app questions. Support started off excellent but is beginning to wane. Not offering live chat from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET USA is, well, unwise IMHO. Overall, this is a good service for merchants seeking an affordable, easy-to-use loyalty and email marketing solution. The design editor is promising but lacks basic features such as image overlay, saved content blocks, abandoned cart layout customization, etc. Another issue is the inability to reorder email blocks within flows. The current setup is linear/sequential; it needs to be non-linear/non-sequential. What good is a duplicated block if you can't relocate it? This service has a lot of potential provided the developers to enhance the design editor to match or surpass competing solutions which specialize in email automation. I can easily show this company what they need to focus on the drive user adoption AND retention. Kudos for the slick UI. Much appreciated.

UPDATE #1: I almost forgot to comment on the loyalty program which has pros and cons. PROS: several layout options for your loyalty widget; intuitive interface. CONS: No way to change the shape of the loyalty widget button; can't upload custom graphic; no way to easily generate the embed code for a dedicated loyalty page; Instagram reward earned by simply clicking the button whilst logged in; product reviews only work with Shopify Reviews which suck; no way to hide button on mobile. All-in-all its an affordable entry-level loyalty option with much room for growth. I look forward to working with Marsello to enhance the service.

UPDATE #2 — Fri Apr 26, 2019: My struggle to make AND keep meaningful contact continues. The company struggles to deliver consistent support. I'm looking forward to updating this review for the betterment of the Shopify community. Words to live by: The best customers are the ones you have.

April 19, 2019

Thanks for your review and all your ideas on how we can improve the app! Our team love this kind of feedback, as we are always looking to make Marsello even better. We’d love to work with you to see how we can help you achieve what you’re after with Marsello. I’ll be in touch!

Regarding the live chat, we have Customer Support across timezones and if you catch us when no-one’s online, we usually respond within a few hours. But we are looking to grow this team to cut this down even more.
Thanks again for your feedback,
Tash

FamGuards

I have to admit that the app is good, but last week they had a different pricing with a different plans, now they changed their pricing rules, I did't get the chance to install it when the $50 plan was for $9.99

Whipstitchcraft

*EDITED TO CLARIFY*: Doesn't work if you have mailchimp *popup signup form* installed. Support responds quickly, but so far they've just responded with "it doesn't work with mailchimp's *popup*, youll have to disable one or the other." and no actual fixes. I wouldn't pay for this app, but I'll continue to use the free part since shopify apps charge way too much for simple functionality, and I can't find anything else worth the cost.

March 17, 2019

Hi Whipstitch,
Now that we can reply to reviews, we can let you know that the app works with MailChimp and you can sync customer segments to your mailing lists.