Mechanic

Workflow Automation & Custom Development Platform

From $9/month. 15-day free trial.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Bont Skates Online Shop

Location Hong Kong SAR

Finally, an App that actually works. After trying many solutions and discovering they fail silently, only do 50% of the job, or just won't work, Mechanic was a breath of fresh air. I'm so glad to have found Mechanic. The team has the right attitude, response, and a product that actually works, unlike half the other stuff out there.

Make Nice Company

Time spent using app 1 day

Very powerful app that allows you to modify the functions of Shopify. I'm able to automate so many things with just this 1 app that does almost everything.

Dippy Cow Nails

I mainly installed this app to help manage my orders for my handmade items. I am limited to how many I can take per day, but with a large inventory it’s impossible to be manually monitoring and deactivating (plus this leads to enquiries ‘wHy CaN’t I oRdEr’, because FAQs are obviously just there for fun!).
Plus it’s impossible to monitor when you are sleeping I use the task which limits daily orders and had a number of back and forths with Isaac to get this set up. He was extremely patient and thorough with me, and I now have a store that is perfectly self managed! Can’t recommend enough!

Piruetas Hobbies & Toys

Location Panama

This is by far the best app on the shopify app store. Literally never looking back after this. Think about it as a magical automator that can do pretty much everything Shopify can't out of the box. No need to learn code, but it is entirely possible to learn by doing. So many tasks already written, it's easy to pick up stuff that works an apply it to your use case. 11/10

The Holiday Gift Shop

TLDR; 1) If you're a developer, you owe it to yourself to learn and use this app. 2) Read the Manual! It will save you a lot of time and frustration. Long version: Are you a developer? Then why aren't you using this app yet?! Seriously, this app will change the way you build your shopify stores. The amount of power this app offers you is simply unparalleled. We use Integromat (similar to Zapier) to automate a lot of backend stuff for us, and Mechanic has been slowly replacing those workflows with cleaner, more native-feeling solutions. It's also given us the ability to do a lot of things we couldn't even do before. Mechanic has a bit of a learning curve, but the way it's built around the liquid code that every shopify developer knows helps you to feel right at home after a couple days. One tip though...RTFM!!! I know we all like to just dive in and figure things out on our own, but trust me, you will waste a lot of time by not orienting yourself with the basic concepts of how Mechanic works. An understanding of Actions, Events, Webhooks, Tasks, and Runs is ESSENTIAL. You'll also want to read over the Mechanic Liquid documentation, as they've added a number of extensions to the language that help with things like handling arrays and hashes. Lastly, support is awesome, and there's a friendly little Slack community where you can get help and help others out. PS- Lightward's pay-what-you-think-is-fair pricing structure is amazing, especially for a developer-oriented, usage-based app like this. In our case, we thought we were getting far more value from the app than their suggested subscription plan, so we opted to pay more than they asked. In other cases though, I could see us paying less if we weren't making very heavy use of the app on one of our stores. I wish this was more common, as we've come across some great apps in the past where we just couldn't justify the subscription cost, since we were being charged for a bunch of features that we weren't using.

Kuumba Made Inc.

This app is AMAZING! I could never go back to using Shopify without it, and I am not a Shopify developer really I just know a little C++ and Python. My company uses Mechanic to automatically print orders, add free gifts to orders as part of promotions, automatically update our iContact mailing lists with Shopify customers... the use cases are endless! And the team at Lightward is soooo helpful, they are quick to respond to requests and always provide ample information and development support. Developers: GET IN THE SLACK CHANNEL! It's awesome how much help you can get and how friendly people are. I was reluctant to do it because I'm clueless when it comes to Liquid, but being in there earlier would have saved me tons of time and they are really really nice to beginners. Just give it a shot, you'll love it!

Dollar Driver Club

Time spent using app About 1 month

With Mechanic the possibilities for customization of your Shopify store are endless. Developers in their Slack channel are responsive, reasonable and pleasant to work with. Also the documentation at docs.usemechanic.com is invaluable if you're new to Liquid.

PhotoLounge

Bar none, the best app for Shopify! Mechanic has been the single most important app that has allowed us to diversity our product and service offering, monitor order progress, communicate with customers and shift our business to a more online and COVID conscious platform all while saving us money! Mechanic has allowed us to clean up our apps by consolidating entire suites and eliminating multiple single focused apps. Mechanic has greatly improved our communication with customers and facilitated delivery of digital services to customers. Mechanic gives us the ability to tag and therefore track orders, customer behavior and products automatically. Mechanic also helps enormously with internal communication with automatic emails that have fully customizable templates using liquid variables. These are only a few of the amazing features of Mechanic, but are enough to make it more than worth it. Mechanic is so powerful and helpful, and I believe we have only begun to scratch the surface. It is very easy to use and very intuitive but also allows for much, much deeper customization with a little bit of coding knowledge. I recommend Mechanic for any store and highly recommend that it be the first app that is installed. I only wish we had discovered it sooner. Mechanic is the kind of app that takes advantage of the Shopify platform fully. A store can and should build itself around Mechanic. Lightward has been great supporting us and our store and a team that you can feel really good about supporting!

fansvite

Time spent using app About 1 year

This is inarguably one of the best apps in Shopify app-store. I used it to do all tasks for my store. It performs beyond well; it exceeded my expectation. Not that my expectation was low, but I didn't think it would do so much, so well. Isaac is a STAR. Thank you so much for everything you have done; it's not forgotten. I don't usually write reviews, but this app deserves one. The sheer of existing task (there's a task for almost everything), the app's performance, the customer service team will blow your socks off. It's more than impressive. Everyone who has a Shopify store should install Mechanic. Enough said! Just install the app; you'll thank me later.

Rad & Happy

This app can take the place of dozens of other apps as well as solutions that would normally require a custom built app. Can save you literally thousands of dollars. I'm using it to auto-tag customers for various reasons, like on a purchase or on account creation, auto-fulfill digital orders, and writing metafield data to do things like run an online class with our blog and allow students to mark lessons complete, but it can do so much more.