Spend your time solving the real problems. You write task scripts in Liquid; we'll handle the merchant UI, the scaling, and the uptime.
Speed up your workflow. Draw from our library of 200+ ready-made tasks, and let your Shopify store start working the way you do.
The goal is never just another app. The goal is to work well, together. Mechanic is here for that. Less complexity and cost, better results.
Mechanic is a development platform, for better problem-solving.
Each business is unique. Apps can fill in the gaps, when Shopify itself falls short.
Mechanic is here for all those situations where an app doesn't exist, when developing an app would be too expensive, or (honestly) when you'd like to replace many of your existing apps with just one.
You're a developer?
Us too. :) We made Mechanic because too many merchant problems required spinning up an entire app. And scaling it. And monitoring it. And keeping the code healthy.
So, we made a platform. Mechanic abstracts away everything that isn't the problem itself.
Now, any developer can (a) write some Liquid code, (b) allow merchants to configure it, using a UI that we automatically generate from your code, and (c) trust us to keep it running.
Everything gets better. It's also just more fun this way.
- Rich documentation, hundreds of open-source tasks (everything in our library), and a YouTube channel of task development videos
- All of standard Liquid, with extensions for building complex objects, and a bunch of useful filters
- Receiving email, sending transactional email
- Reading from and writing to the Shopify API, via both REST and GraphQL
- Webhooks, for receiving data and triggering tasks; proper CORS support allows calling these from online storefronts
- Sending requests to external HTTP APIs
- Uploading files to external FTP/SFTP servers
- Caching data locally, within Mechanic, to be used during future task runs
- Generating PDFs from HTML
- Generating ZIP archives of PDF or text (e.g. CSV) files, to be uploaded or emailed
You're a merchant?
Excellent. :) Our public library contains more than 200 tasks that you can plug into your store immediately. Feel free to experiment – your flat monthly subscription includes unlimited tasks, which you may run an unlimited number of times.
And when you need something that doesn't exist yet, we'll connect you with a developer from the Mechanic community. Collectively, we're good at solving problems.
You can get started immediately with these tasks, and hundreds more, from our task library:
- Cancel and close unpaid orders after x hours/days
- Email customers when tagged
- Ask for reviews a week after order fulfillment
- Send a customer signup email
- Auto-tag customers when they purchase a matching product
- Hide out-of-stock products
- Auto-tag new customers
- Email customer when their order is paid
- Auto-invite customers after an order
- Auto-tag orders by product collections
- Auto-fulfill items that don't require shipping
Much has been done; there is much to do.
Find out more inside the app, or by clicking "Developer website" or "FAQs" on the right. Email us with questions. We're here for you. :)
Pricing 15-day free trial
Suggested price for merchants using the Basic Shopify ($29/mo) plan.
Suggested price for merchants using the Shopify ($79/mo) plan.
Suggested price for merchants using the Advanced Shopify ($299/mo) plan.
Suggested price for merchants using Shopify Plus.
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 42 reviews
Most recent reviews
Hands down the #1 most useful app I have ever installed. If you're a developer I guarantee you're especially going to love this app because you can literally write your own automated tasks to do whatever you want to do - in liquid-style code - how cool! No need to install 30 different apps to perform a bunch of automated tasks - you can write your own tasks or use many of the ones the Mechanic team provides! Worth every penny. There is no other app of its kind on the app store that I've seen. There's a lot of functionality in this app - I highly recommend spending time playing around with the tasks included with Mechanic and using them as templates to create your own tasks. Documentation is great and the support we've gotten from Isaac's is absolutely amazing. 1000x thank you for creating this app!
The automation this app provides is incredible and the app author is very responsive and helpful when you need new automation created. Highly recommended!
We've been using this app for months now. Mechanic allowed us to get rid of three other apps and best of all it works behind the scenes. No integration with our theme was required. Incredible tech support as well!