For developers and agencies.
Solve real problems and build reusable tools. Write tasks in Liquid; we’ll handle the GraphQL and REST APIs, the scaling, and the uptime.
Speed up your workflow with automation. Draw from our library of 280+ automations, and let your Shopify store start working the way you do.
The goal is never just another app. The goal is to work well, together. Mechanic is here for that. Less complexity and cost, better results.
Mechanic is a development and automation platform, for unlocking the full potential of Shopify.
Each business is unique. Apps can fill in the gaps, when Shopify itself falls short.
Mechanic is here for all those situations where an app doesn't exist, when developing an app would be too expensive, or (honestly) when you'd like to replace many of your existing apps with just one.
You're a merchant?
Excellent. :) Our library contains more than 280 automation tasks that you can plug into your store today. Feel free to experiment – your monthly subscription includes unlimited tasks, which you may run an unlimited number of times.
When you need something new, we've got a helpful community of developers in our Slack workspace, available for help and for hire. And because Mechanic tasks use Liquid, folks with any level of Shopify experience can get started quickly.
You can get started immediately with these tasks, and hundreds more, from our task library:
- Email customers when tagged
- Ask for reviews a week after order fulfillment
- Send a customer signup email
- Auto-tag customers when they purchase a matching product
- Hide out-of-stock products
- Auto-tag new customers
- Auto-invite customers after an order
- Auto-tag orders by product collections
- Auto-fulfill items that don't require shipping
You're a developer or agency?
Us too. :) We made Mechanic because too many merchant problems required spinning up an entire app. And scaling it. And monitoring it. And keeping the code healthy.
Now, any developer can (a) write some serverless code in Liquid, (b) allow merchants to configure it, using a UI that we automatically generate from your code, and (c) trust us to keep it running.
- Free Slack workspace to learn, to get help, and to find development opportunities with merchants in our community
- Rich documentation, hundreds of open-source tasks (everything in our library), and a YouTube channel of task development videos
- All of standard Liquid, with extensions for building complex objects, and a bunch of useful filters
- Receiving email, sending transactional email
- Reading from and writing to the Shopify API, via both REST and GraphQL
- Webhooks, for receiving data and triggering tasks; proper CORS support allows calling these from online storefronts
- Sending requests to external HTTP APIs
- Uploading files to external FTP/SFTP servers
- Caching data locally, within Mechanic, to be used during future task runs
- Generating PDFs from HTML
- Generating ZIP archives of PDF or text (e.g. CSV) files, to be uploaded or emailed
Much has been done; there is much to do.
Find out more inside the app, or by clicking "Developer website" on the right. Email us with questions. We're here for you. :)
Pricing 15-day free trial
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Allike Store Raffles
When I first came across this app I did not realize it’s full potential. It has helped us to create very powerful tasks which otherwise would have been either very expensive to develop or would have required multiple other apps. Mechanic combines it all and does so with an extremely easy and adaptive interface. But the best part is the community. It is super easy to find great help and post jobs if you’re stuck on a task. Mechanic must be the best app on this App Store.
There are around 300 automations that are amazing. We're using mostly quality-of-life tasks for our store, but this app can be such a huge time saver. Oh and their support is amazing (and fast). This is really one of the best apps you could find on the store and I wish more people knew about it so we can support this amazing development team!
Great app with tons of useful utility to lessen the tedium of running an online store. Response to customer support is timely and helpful. Great all around.