Sell more with Messenger
Sell products from your Messenger chats and let customers check out without leaving the app.
Keep customers updated
Automatically send customers detailed order status updates in Messenger.
Provide customer support
Add the Message Us button to give shoppers an easy way to start real-time conversations while they browse your products.
About Messenger channel
Sell on Messenger
The Messenger channel adds your products to a menu that shoppers can purchase from while chatting with your Facebook Page. Shoppers that browse your online store can use Messenger to ask questions before and after purchase. At checkout, customers can opt-in to get updates on the status of their order in Messenger.
With Shopify and the Messenger channel, you can:
- let shoppers browse products and make purchases from your Messenger chat
- send automated order updates to customers from Messenger
- customize the messages, buttons, and menu item titles that shoppers interact with
- add a “Message Us” button to your online store and have real-time conversations with shoppers (requires online store)
- provide support to customers with questions about their purchase
- fulfill Messenger orders from Shopify
- track Facebook sales using your sales channel overview and Analytics pages
- To use the Messenger channel, you need admin access to the Facebook Page where you send and receive messages.
- Automated order updates require selling in a currency supported by Facebook.
- The Message Us button requires the online store channel.
Learn more about selling on Messenger by visiting the website in the "Sales and support" section of this page.
Most recent reviews
It's OK. I installed this app to use for Facebook Shop & to use as the chatbot for my online store. It's great for engagement, but, I've had a lot of issues with it: - Now that Facebook has a new business suite app, I no longer receive any notifications for messages and facebook sales, which has affected my messenger response time, customer satisfaction & lost sales. It all worker perfectly before. Now I have to constantly monitor my messenger app.
- Customers can't add quantities of products or add more than one product easily as it just takes the customer directly to checkout with one item and no option to go back or transfer the cart to the store.
- Can't disable the shop now option, which means I have to now source a more suitable alternative, instead of working out what is exactly wrong here.
Auto reply does not work at all! wasnt even showing the message i set, client cannot browse any product after clicking the " show all" button. I am so frustrated as i couldnt remove the auto reply messages even after uninstalling the messenger channel.
Thank you for sharing your review and feedback. I will be sending you an email shortly to help you with any technical issues you are having with the app and to provide next steps. - Veena, Shopify Support
We cannot select categories that we want to share in Messenger and it is not possible to disable this features and keep overs.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your feedback. Feedback is extremely important to us, in order to help improve our app and user interface. I'll be sending you an email shortly to discuss the issue you are having and to offer my assistance. - Veena, Shopify Support