Sell more with Messenger
Sell products from your Messenger chats and let customers check out without leaving the app.
Keep customers updated
Automatically send customers detailed order status updates in Messenger.
Provide customer support
Add the Message Us button to give shoppers an easy way to start real-time conversations while they browse your products.
About Messenger channel
Sell on Messenger
The Messenger channel adds your products to a menu that shoppers can purchase from while chatting with your Facebook Page. Shoppers that browse your online store can use Messenger to ask questions before and after purchase. At checkout, customers can opt-in to get updates on the status of their order in Messenger.
With Shopify and the Messenger channel, you can:
- let shoppers browse products and make purchases from your Messenger chat
- send automated order updates to customers from Messenger
- customize the messages, buttons, and menu item titles that shoppers interact with
- add a “Message Us” button to your online store and have real-time conversations with shoppers (requires online store)
- provide support to customers with questions about their purchase
- fulfill Messenger orders from Shopify
- track Facebook sales using your sales channel overview and Analytics pages
- To use the Messenger channel, you need admin access to the Facebook Page where you send and receive messages.
- Automated order updates require selling in a currency supported by Facebook.
- The Message Us button requires the online store channel.
Learn more about selling on Messenger by visiting the website in the "Sales and support" section of this page.
Overall rating Based on 69 reviews
Most recent reviews
Not at all beneficial, most of my collections pictures does not appear on the shop now and even the browse button does not do anything, on top of that Pakistan currency is not supported.
Thank you for the review. Regarding the currency, as this is an integration with Facebook I'm afraid we can only offer the currencies that Facebook supports, which as this time does not include the Pakistani rupee.
In reference to your other issues, we'd like to find out more about what's happening there so we can get that resolved for you. Please contact our team using the "Contact Kit Support" button in your Shopify Ping app, and our team would be happy to troubleshoot that for you. Thanks! - Brie, Shopify Support
Doesn’t work. All chat messages from my customers don’t show up on my facebook page inbox. They only show up in Ping app which is only available for iOS. Something’s wrong here.
Thank you for the feedback. This is not expected behaviour - you should be able to reply to those messages from your Facebook page inbox as well. Please contact our Ping support team and they'd be happy to troubleshoot this with you. You can reach them from directly within your Shopify Ping app by using the "Contact Kit Support" option, and they can get that resolved for you. Thanks! - Brie, Shopify Support
Straight Up Pumps
This app seems to be flawed and not working properly for me or my customers. Buttons appear but "shop now" button only sends the words "shop now" from who ever presses the button, no menus or anything. This item also can't be removed from the list.
Thank you for writing your review and detailing your issue here. I'm sorry that you've had this issue and I'd like to take a closer look at the situation to see if I can help. I will be sending you an email shortly to gather more context about the problem and I can hopefully help troubleshoot this. I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support