Sell more with Messenger
Sell products from your Messenger chats and let customers check out without leaving the app.
Keep customers updated
Automatically send customers detailed order status updates in Messenger.
Provide customer support
Add the Message Us button to give shoppers an easy way to start real-time conversations while they browse your products.
About Messenger channel
Sell on Messenger
The Messenger channel adds your products to a menu that shoppers can purchase from while chatting with your Facebook Page. Shoppers that browse your online store can use Messenger to ask questions before and after purchase. At checkout, customers can opt-in to get updates on the status of their order in Messenger.
With Shopify and the Messenger channel, you can:
- let shoppers browse products and make purchases from your Messenger chat
- send automated order updates to customers from Messenger
- customize the messages, buttons, and menu item titles that shoppers interact with
- add a “Message Us” button to your online store and have real-time conversations with shoppers (requires online store)
- provide support to customers with questions about their purchase
- fulfill Messenger orders from Shopify
- track Facebook sales using your sales channel overview and Analytics pages
- To use the Messenger channel, you need admin access to the Facebook Page where you send and receive messages.
- Automated order updates require selling in a currency supported by Facebook.
- The Message Us button requires the online store channel.
Learn more about selling on Messenger by visiting the website in the "Sales and support" section of this page.
Most recent reviews
the app is not working I cannot uninstall the app. which is really annoying. How can I remove the app?
Stray Funk Design - Exclusive unique designs on organic clothing and accessories
I am unable to connect this app to my facebook account after installing it. When I click the connect button, nothing happens.
I can't uninstall this application. My store has two live chats now. What a shame. Save yourself, don't use this app
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I can see how having two live chats on your store could be quite confusing and would like to look into this further for you. I will be sending you an email soon and look forward to your reply. -Anna, Shopify Support