Sell more with Messenger
Sell products from your Messenger chats and let customers check out without leaving the app.
Keep customers updated
Automatically send customers detailed order status updates in Messenger.
Provide customer support
Add the Message Us button to give shoppers an easy way to start real-time conversations while they browse your products.
About Messenger channel
Sell on Messenger
The Messenger channel adds your products to a menu that shoppers can purchase from while chatting with your Facebook Page. Shoppers that browse your online store can use Messenger to ask questions before and after purchase. At checkout, customers can opt-in to get updates on the status of their order in Messenger.
With Shopify and the Messenger channel, you can:
- let shoppers browse products and make purchases from your Messenger chat
- send automated order updates to customers from Messenger
- customize the messages, buttons, and menu item titles that shoppers interact with
- add a “Message Us” button to your online store and have real-time conversations with shoppers (requires online store)
- provide support to customers with questions about their purchase
- fulfill Messenger orders from Shopify
- track Facebook sales using your sales channel overview and Analytics pages
- To use the Messenger channel, you need admin access to the Facebook Page where you send and receive messages.
- Automated order updates require selling in a currency supported by Facebook.
- The Message Us button requires the online store channel.
Learn more about selling on Messenger by visiting the website in the "Sales and support" section of this page.
Overall rating Based on 66 reviews
Most recent reviews
The Elevated Man
Getting this error:
Could not link Messenger by Shopify to Facebook
You may not be connected to the network or we could not establish a connection with our server. Check your connection and try again later.
What do I need to do to fix?
Does it work on mobile? I cant see it when viewing my website on mobile and there is no guideline on this issue.
How I uninstall this?? I need help! It does not even show in my apps although the messanger widget is still on my website.
The reason I want to uninstall this is because it does not work as a live chat, messenger opens in another page. Who would want that? that will make our visitors to leave.
I need help to uninstall this since is not obvious to do so as it should.
Thank you for writing your review and for providing your feedback. The Messenger app can be removed by heading to Settings > Sales channels, where you can then press the trash can icon next to Messenger. This will remove it from your store and the chat icon from the storefront.
I'm sorry to hear that you did not find the Messenger app useful and I'll be reaching out to you shortly to see if I can help at all and ensure you are able to remove the app if you want to. -Victor, Shopify Support