Metafields2

The original metafields app tool since 2011

$7/month. 7-day free trial.

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Metafields2 - The original metafield app tool since 2011!

The Drift Record Shop

Time spent using app Over 9 years

We have used the app for a number of years and it has really offered up a lot of options to us that are missing from the Shopify platform. The team have always been super helpful and very prompt, this really is essential.

Zvelle

Time spent using app Over 7 years

This app is fantastic and without it we could not share the details we need to or sell our products. The developers REALLY care about what they build/what they do and how they do it. Joe Bryan went above and beyond for us. Its refreshing to see that they care about every single merchant who uses their app. Thank you Joe and team!

PC SPACE

Location Romania

Without it my store is dead. I need 350 metafields and this is the only app that helped me with that.

MiaDonna

Time spent using app About 2 years

The developers are incredibly helpful and supportive. They went above and beyond to help. This app works well and serves as a bridge for my store's products and their many complicated configurations.

AFBookstore.com

Great app for the price. Not the prettiest interface but it works which is what's most important ...

Simply The Best Toys and Gifts

Time spent using app Over 2 years

I tried a few Metafields apps, starting with the cheapest and working my way up...I've now been using this app off and on for a few weeks and, while its output format isn't the best (one row per product per metafield, rather than columns), it's perfectly workable for someone with Excel skills and I find it rather good!
Apart from the bulk export and import facilities (more of that in a minute), the display of information is good and clear. You can select product, collections, whatever else Metafields, to keep things tidy and when you list a single product or collection, or whatever, you're met with a full list of the Metafields applicable to 'whatever you're looking at', along with values. Any or all may be updated on that page, with one 'Save' button. New Metafields may also be entered here (and which then apply to all of that genre -products, collections, etc.). You can also perform a search so you quickly arrive where you want to be.
Simple, intuitive, comprehensive.
The only problem....is that although the app exports a nice csv file, which may be read by Excel and worked on within Excel - the export from Excel (in UTF-8 format, then opened and saved by Notepad in UTF-8 format, to ensure the file *really is* in UTF-8 format, as Excel doesn't do a good job with that) - cannot then be imported back into Metafields2, as there are some 'dodgy' characters hiding there at the beginning of the file.
However...with help from Joe and some experimentation, I've found it's possible to do all the above, working in Excel to do the 'bulk of the job', then open the exported csv file in Google Sheets - and then just save it. This results in a perfectly serviceable, *proper*, UTF-8 file that can be imported back into Metafields2.
Maybe a long winded review, but if it helps anyone with similar problems in the future...I think the app deserves it. It's a good app.

Smai

Location Australia

Perfect app to allow both retail and wholesale customers on the one store front, and allow for quantity breaks, custom messages and more! Love love love this app!

Beauty Pages Directory

Location Australia

Great App, simple and effective – we recommend it for all our clients www.echic.com.au

Zumo

Time spent using app Over 5 years

Fantastic, exactly what I needed. This is a piece of functionality that I was surprised to find Shopify didn't support in their UI. This implements exactly the kind of missing functionality I expected. I tried 2 other metafield editors from the Shopify App Store and neither of them allowed me to edit existing tags (why?).

Perfect.