Microsoft Advertising

Microsoft Advertising | Reviews

by Microsoft

Grow sales with Product Ads on the Microsoft Search Network.

1lovebaby

After I use this app. Microsoft has locked my account. Another account with the same email as this account is also locked. Looks like they don't accept dropshipping business. They only gave general reasons, and never reopened my account. Please consider when using this app!

November 12, 2021

Thank you for the feedback. We are looking into this further to understand and work to resolve. In the mean time if you continue to face these or other issues email us at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

shirts.wiki

Pretty bad, unfunctional app, with slow and unhelpful support. Will change this review if this situation evolves, but I would steer away from this app if you want an easy setup. Very sub-par compared to the google app. Getting many error codes when setting up campaigns, rendering the app absolutely useless.
_________________________ UPDATE - I was able to fix using the comment left on my review. Not sure why the support team was able to give me these instructions from the start. Honestly, still not a good app for the reasons above.

August 25, 2021

Thank you for your review. Often when advertisers face issues similar to what you are describing it can be caused by an incomplete conversion tracking setup. Because of this I want to provide the following help documentation that might assist with the issues you have described.

The Nue Look | At Home

I was encountering errors and it also appears the tracking code failed to install on any pages (I had to install a Chrome Extension to figure this out).

August 24, 2021

Thank you for this valuable feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were facing errors, and other difficulties when setting up the tracking code in the app. If you are still facing issues we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to assist. Please reach out to us at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com. We are absolutely committed to helping you get set up successfully on Microsoft Advertising.

Stills - The Art of Memory

Unfortunately you cannot remove products from the campaigns and we have products that should NOT be advertised. Makes it pretty much useless.

February 27, 2021

Thank for your feedback! We're sorry to hear that you're not having a great experience with our app. We continue to strive to improve our products and would love to get your feedback to better the experience. We will have someone from our team reach out to you directly. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if you should have any additional questions at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

Rhinestone Jewelry Corporation

The product could be great.
Pros -
They add the conversion code for Bing Ads, so that you don't have to.
They create the Product Feed and keep it up to date with Bing Ads - This is important.

Con - For some reason, they need to add code to your home page that adds a few seconds to the load time. This is unacceptable. This is the reason that I have uninstalled it. It practically doubles my load time. You can check this on GtMetrix.

July 29, 2020

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We have provided this feedback to our team to investigate this matter in order to make the necessary improvements. In the meantime if you should have any additional questions or feedback please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

The Bandana Blanket Company

App jerking me around from the start. Does not recognize my MS account, then when I sign up... says I have account that changed something and need to wait for some code... the usual time wasting BS apps have to avoid logic and ease. Stop testing on techies and test on real people!

May 13, 2020

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with setting up the app. We understand that this can be quite frustrating and have escalated this to our team to have someone reach out to you shortly. In the meantime if you should have any additional questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

SohoSpark

When creating my first campaign, I have to connect my Microsoft advertising account. After doing that, I get an error "Merchant Center account does not exist" even though I have one and was already logged into it.

Update1: The update was failing due to 'duplicate name' issue. When I changed the name inside the Shopify app process, I was able to Save Changes. But now I have two stores... the newest one being empty. So the connection was not made to my existing store, despite the MS teaser: "This step will either connect to an existing store if domains match, or create a new store for you based on your Shopify domain."

Update2: MS is not able to merge the new store with the old store. Since my product catalog is loaded and ads are already running on the old store, I don't see the need to chase this rabbit further. Upgrading the review to 2 stars because support has been responsive (every other day email), but I don't see how this app makes life easier. You still have to set up a bunch of things inside the Merchant Center. The integration could be much smoother.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. Upon reviewing your account setup details, we have found that your Microsoft Merchant Center account setup has not been completed. Because Microsoft Merchant center stores are based on domain, you need to click "Save changes" on the Microsoft Merchant center setup part of the app in order to complete setup. This step will either connect to an existing store if domains match, or create a new store for you based on your Shopify domain. If you should have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

H-Bomb Ties Ltd

Getting products approved is a nightmare. The app does not correctly map all of the Shopify data. No support for SEO Title/Desc. To be fair, at the time of writing this review, the app is brand new, so there's like still a lot of work to be done.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We currently do not support SEO for title/description through the Microsoft Advertising app on Shopify. That being said, the title and description are elements of the feed that are used to a very great extent in matching relevance to queries. No further action is required on your part for feed optimization.

From looking at your account details, it looks like your Microsoft Merchant center store is set up with approved products. Everything looks set up and running. Should you have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

WaterBottleShop.online

No way to finish set up (as others, it seems, are experiencing too). Have heard from MS support - was given instructions to reinstall app - which actually either is named incorrectly (Microsoft Shopping) or doesn't exist. I will be speaking with MS support tomorrow morning to hopefully figure this out and fix.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for you interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We looked into your account details and it looks like you're almost set up. Next steps would be for you to create a Microsoft Advertising campaign in the Marketing section of Shopify.

Please ensure that you have a payment method entered for your campaigns to run. If you select the prepay option, ensure that you have loaded a balance into your account. This is a prerequisite for you campaigns to run.

Thank you for your feedback on the naming of the app. We have since corrected this issue based on your input. Should you have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.