Microsoft Advertising

Microsoft Advertising

by Microsoft

Grow sales with Product Ads on the Microsoft Search Network.

Rhinestone Jewelry Corporation

The product could be great.
Pros -
They add the conversion code for Bing Ads, so that you don't have to.
They create the Product Feed and keep it up to date with Bing Ads - This is important.

Con - For some reason, they need to add code to your home page that adds a few seconds to the load time. This is unacceptable. This is the reason that I have uninstalled it. It practically doubles my load time. You can check this on GtMetrix.

July 29, 2020

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We have provided this feedback to our team to investigate this matter in order to make the necessary improvements. In the meantime if you should have any additional questions or feedback please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

The Bandana Blanket Company

App jerking me around from the start. Does not recognize my MS account, then when I sign up... says I have account that changed something and need to wait for some code... the usual time wasting BS apps have to avoid logic and ease. Stop testing on techies and test on real people!

May 13, 2020

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with setting up the app. We understand that this can be quite frustrating and have escalated this to our team to have someone reach out to you shortly. In the meantime if you should have any additional questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

SohoSpark

When creating my first campaign, I have to connect my Microsoft advertising account. After doing that, I get an error "Merchant Center account does not exist" even though I have one and was already logged into it.

Update1: The update was failing due to 'duplicate name' issue. When I changed the name inside the Shopify app process, I was able to Save Changes. But now I have two stores... the newest one being empty. So the connection was not made to my existing store, despite the MS teaser: "This step will either connect to an existing store if domains match, or create a new store for you based on your Shopify domain."

Update2: MS is not able to merge the new store with the old store. Since my product catalog is loaded and ads are already running on the old store, I don't see the need to chase this rabbit further. Upgrading the review to 2 stars because support has been responsive (every other day email), but I don't see how this app makes life easier. You still have to set up a bunch of things inside the Merchant Center. The integration could be much smoother.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. Upon reviewing your account setup details, we have found that your Microsoft Merchant Center account setup has not been completed. Because Microsoft Merchant center stores are based on domain, you need to click "Save changes" on the Microsoft Merchant center setup part of the app in order to complete setup. This step will either connect to an existing store if domains match, or create a new store for you based on your Shopify domain. If you should have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

H-Bomb Ties Ltd

Getting products approved is a nightmare. The app does not correctly map all of the Shopify data. No support for SEO Title/Desc. To be fair, at the time of writing this review, the app is brand new, so there's like still a lot of work to be done.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We currently do not support SEO for title/description through the Microsoft Advertising app on Shopify. That being said, the title and description are elements of the feed that are used to a very great extent in matching relevance to queries. No further action is required on your part for feed optimization.

From looking at your account details, it looks like your Microsoft Merchant center store is set up with approved products. Everything looks set up and running. Should you have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

WaterBottleShop.online

No way to finish set up (as others, it seems, are experiencing too). Have heard from MS support - was given instructions to reinstall app - which actually either is named incorrectly (Microsoft Shopping) or doesn't exist. I will be speaking with MS support tomorrow morning to hopefully figure this out and fix.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for you interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We looked into your account details and it looks like you're almost set up. Next steps would be for you to create a Microsoft Advertising campaign in the Marketing section of Shopify.

Please ensure that you have a payment method entered for your campaigns to run. If you select the prepay option, ensure that you have loaded a balance into your account. This is a prerequisite for you campaigns to run.

Thank you for your feedback on the naming of the app. We have since corrected this issue based on your input. Should you have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.