Microsoft Advertising

Microsoft Advertising

by Microsoft

Grow sales with Product Ads on the Microsoft Search Network.

SohoSpark

When creating my first campaign, I have to connect my Microsoft advertising account. After doing that, I get an error "Merchant Center account does not exist" even though I have one and was already logged into it.

Update1: The update was failing due to 'duplicate name' issue. When I changed the name inside the Shopify app process, I was able to Save Changes. But now I have two stores... the newest one being empty. So the connection was not made to my existing store, despite the MS teaser: "This step will either connect to an existing store if domains match, or create a new store for you based on your Shopify domain."

Update2: MS is not able to merge the new store with the old store. Since my product catalog is loaded and ads are already running on the old store, I don't see the need to chase this rabbit further. Upgrading the review to 2 stars because support has been responsive (every other day email), but I don't see how this app makes life easier. You still have to set up a bunch of things inside the Merchant Center. The integration could be much smoother.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. Upon reviewing your account setup details, we have found that your Microsoft Merchant Center account setup has not been completed. Because Microsoft Merchant center stores are based on domain, you need to click "Save changes" on the Microsoft Merchant center setup part of the app in order to complete setup. This step will either connect to an existing store if domains match, or create a new store for you based on your Shopify domain. If you should have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

H-Bomb Ties Ltd

Getting products approved is a nightmare. The app does not correctly map all of the Shopify data. No support for SEO Title/Desc. To be fair, at the time of writing this review, the app is brand new, so there's like still a lot of work to be done.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We currently do not support SEO for title/description through the Microsoft Advertising app on Shopify. That being said, the title and description are elements of the feed that are used to a very great extent in matching relevance to queries. No further action is required on your part for feed optimization.

From looking at your account details, it looks like your Microsoft Merchant center store is set up with approved products. Everything looks set up and running. Should you have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.

WaterBottleShop.online

No way to finish set up (as others, it seems, are experiencing too). Have heard from MS support - was given instructions to reinstall app - which actually either is named incorrectly (Microsoft Shopping) or doesn't exist. I will be speaking with MS support tomorrow morning to hopefully figure this out and fix.

October 25, 2019

Thank you for you interest in the Microsoft Advertising app. We looked into your account details and it looks like you're almost set up. Next steps would be for you to create a Microsoft Advertising campaign in the Marketing section of Shopify.

Please ensure that you have a payment method entered for your campaigns to run. If you select the prepay option, ensure that you have loaded a balance into your account. This is a prerequisite for you campaigns to run.

Thank you for your feedback on the naming of the app. We have since corrected this issue based on your input. Should you have any additional questions, please reach out to us directly at msftadsappsupport@microsoft.com.