Bold Multi‑Currency

Bold Multi‑Currency

by BOLD

Currency converter with real-time multi-currency billing.

OskarandNanuk

While Jonnathan and the support team showed great promise in the fast installation and friendly support, the app advertising is entirely misleading.

Both the primary marketing video and the example site claim/demonstrate that what differentiates this app from others, is that you can charge the customers in the currency they have chosen (or was automatically defined by their geolocation). They point out that the biggest problem that they are solving, is the that customers leave the site and do not complete the purchase when the currency conversion does not follow through to the shopping cart.

BUT THEY DON'T INCLUDE THIS FEATURE! It's NOT free. This feature is only available if you use another app that takes a percentage of every purchase.

It is false advertising and will be reported to Shopify.

September 23, 2019

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback - it really helps us reevaluate what we are doing in all facets of our business! I am sincerely sorry that you felt mislead about our Multi-Currency app and its ability, when integrated with Bold Cashier, to allow customers to also check out in their preferred currency.

While we do state that this is required in order for the feature to work in our app store listing, you are correct that it is not properly outlined in the app store video. I have ensured that this was brought to our team's attention so that it can be fixed ASAP.

Again, I am very sorry that you felt we were falsely advertising the app - that is certainly not our intention. I can say that our team has evaluated the way that this feature is explained and made the necessary changes within the app store listing, and will be making proper changes to the video.

dropthetee

This was installed per the recommendation from a prominent podcast host. Unfortunately as soon as it was installed (on one of the default themes), site speed crashed and pages took over 40 seconds to load. I requested advice from their support, but I'm yet to hear from them.

It also didn't help that the first email I received after installation was from their CEO (?) explaining that Shopify was about to ban some of their apps.

August 26, 2019

I'm very sorry to hear that our app has not met your expectations. Clifford from our support team was able to respond back to your ticket to try to continue the conversation and get everything sorted for you. We appreciate you leaving us the feedback and hope to get this turned around for you as soon as possible!

As for the email, the timing was certainly not right; we just wanted to inform our customers that another popular app from a different company was being removed from all stores, and wanted to offer one of our apps as a potential alternative.

Agatsa

Very Bad Support and The features do not work at all. They have bogusly written that Auto currency is selected, this all works when you install PAID Bold cashier too.. Who is going to leave trusted Shopify payment gateway and use a third part gateway, which can not even make a simple app work. Complete worthless.

Aircrafttag

This app doesn't do it for me. At checkout the converted currency suddenly jumps back to store currency and there's no notification to the customer why this is happening. This doesn't help but scares clients away.

SmileKit

Terrible support when used with bold cashier. The support will keep asking questions you have answered because don't read the thread of their previous responses.

If you can use anyone else by all means do it.

OptimaPosture

After installing this app by a "certified bold developer" the add to cart and buy now buttons have completely disappeared from my website and I lost two days worth of sales while my ads were running. Pay attention to the fact that it was a BOLD employee that screwed my website up and not me! I trusted the "professional"

May 28, 2019

Hello there. I'm very sorry to hear that Multi-Currency was not running perfectly for you - we want to make sure everything works as it should. Our App Specialist, Lauren, has reached out to you for further clarification to get this solved.

UNTAMED STREET

DO NOT INSTALL BOLD CASHIER, IT DOESN'T WORK. We have tried to get support from their senior team and they have yet to give us some attention. We have just switched off the app as it was causing us a significant loss in sales.

May 28, 2019

Hello there, I'm very sorry that Cashier has not reached it's full potential on your store, but we are dedicated to helping get this sorted out! Our App Specialist, Mel, has reached out to better determine the next steps to get everything running perfectly for you. We look forward to solving this for you!

lifestyle on sale

Terrible. The code instructions are incorrect on the VERY last step.
Before that you follow the instructions PERFECTLY, and there is still a screwup? and yes- I did it perfectly as described. Unbelievably frustrating, and a complete waist of time.

April 10, 2019

Hello, thank you for your review. I just wanted to to apologize for the confusion on our instructions - thank you for pointing it out and we have made the necessary changes in order to better reflect that step.

We would love to help you with the installation if you are interested in giving the app another shot. One of our support specialists has reached out; we hope to hear from you soon!

Elikya Shop

Worst app ever. It slows your website drastically and even after unistall it the source file are still there. This is really frustrating.

greentrading

didn't work for us. Installed correctly but when trying to change the currency its not working also it's not changing automatically if someone access from a different country. We have now uninstalled.

Previous 1 3 4