Bold Multi‑Currency

Bold Multi‑Currency

by BOLD

Currency converter with real-time rates

untiltomorrow

This app does not work how it is explained. Therefore it is a complete waste of time for anyone who wishes to use the fix rate / checkout function. In addition it ultimately doesn't work without cashier and cashier is being reviewed by shopify, so you can't install cashier now as new user anyway. Strongly advise not to use this app and look to find an alternative. Tech support was not helpful, defensive and there is a lack of literature related to the fact that for the intended functionality of this app, you actually need another app which presently cannot be used on the shopify platform. If I could give this zero stars I would...

Alhinora

DO NOT ADD this app, worst thing you can do to your store, firstly when you once add this shit u will never be abble to remove it from your store its like fu cking virus and the way it works... no comment about this it converts your GBP like 44£ to 44$, AWESOME! I have never been so pissed to write a review about smth but this shit, this SHIT deservers 1 star!

Pettiny

This app claims it offers "true multi-currency billing" which is not true. Customers cannot be billed with another currency when using this app. I contacted customer support and they confirmed that this feature is no longer available. However they still claim they offer this option in the app description.

The Rotten Fruit Box

Since there is nowhere I can review Bold Cashier, I will leave a review here since the "multi-currency" feature was the only feature I wanted when I installed Cashier.

First, DO NOT ever install Bold Cashier in your store. It doesn´t work as advertised and DOESN´T integrate with Bold Subscriptions. It DOES NOT work with Bold Subscriptions "Build a Box" and it DOES NOT convert most orders to the customer's currency. We are paying a hefty commission to Bold and are getting multi-currency on less than 10% of our sales.

Two months into this, and while they have tried to be helpful, they have not solved the problem.

We have asked to be switched over to our previous setup but Bold has raised issues about that and said it will now create problems with our subscribers.

Very, very frustrated and unhappy, the Bold Cashier app should NOT be on the Shopify app store or should be available for review like a regular app so sellers could know what they are getting into.

WAR PAINT

The app is not able to connect.
And no changes in the currency conversion.
Please help why I am getting this error?

January 30, 2020

Hello there - we're very sorry for the inconvenience this caused. Our app was inaccessible for a short period of time due to changes made by the platform, however our app developers were able to create a fix for this shortly after, and the app was then again accessible.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you're still experiencing issues, and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

mayflowermat

WARNING! App is currently not working, when you click on it it says "refused to connect". It does this on all my stores.

January 30, 2020

Hi there, I'm very sorry you had some issues with accessing our app. There were some small changes made that affected our code, and our developers were able to sort it, and the app was able to be accessed shortly after.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you're still experiencing any issues - we'd be happy to help.

Lady Magnificent

so one thing i noticed is that it doesnt really convert the price. for example lets say that your store is in usd and a price is 34 usd and you want to convert to cad. when converting, it just change the currency but not the price, leaving it a 34 cad and making customers add to cart/check out as 34 cad.

i dont know if its a bug issue or not

January 7, 2020

Hey there, thanks so much for reaching out to us. I just wanted to let you know that our app is purely cosmetic when used on its own; it will convert your prices into foreign currencies on the storefront.

However, if you use Bold Cashier with Multi-Currency, your customers will be able to see AND check out in their preferred currency. We apologize if this wasn't clear, but hope that helps!

Tamatina

it's not changing currency automatically according to country. Every time we have to choose from drop-down that which currency we want to show in website.

December 10, 2019

Hi there! A couple of our specialists have reached out - if you wouldn't mind accepting the Collaborator account request that was sent by Alexa, we can look into the issue further for you.

If not, Brenden has sent an article that should help you fix the issues you've run into! Please let us know how you'd like to proceed, and we'll get everything sorted for you.

Fyndify

Short story:
ABSOLUTE DISASTER!! My advice: STAY AWAY if you use any scandinavian currency like SEK, NOK, DKK.

Long story:
I use SEK as my default currency. When i used the "automatic installation" the app installed successfully. However, I quickly realized som currencies, which are very important to my store didnt display correctly.

I quickly deactivated the app, and asked BOLD Commerce for their help. They helped me quickly, fine so far.

They didnt fix anything, but the absolute worst part is that they decided to activate the app once again without me knowing it. And I had facebook ads running that day.

So for one whole day my prices wasnt displayed correctly and my cart in my store didnt work - no wonder there were absolutely no sales.

STAY AWAY if you use any scandinavian currency like SEK, NOK, DKK. Im sure this app is great if you use EUR, USD etc, not for small currencies.

November 29, 2019

Hello there. I just wanted to apologize for the poor experience you've had with us so far, that's certainly not how we want our merchants to feel after an interaction with our support team.

As our specialist, Lauren has mentioned in her email to you, unfortunately that is how our app is designed to display prices, and I'm very sorry that this wasn't how you expected it to look.

We also should absolutely not have activated the app for you without your consent - I'm very sorry that this happened, as it should not have. We'd love to make things right, and if you'd be willing to work with us again, we would be more than happy to work with you to do what we can to fix things.

If not however, we completely understand as you need to do what's best for your business. We wish you the best of luck going forward.

BGSbali

I gave one star because this + bold cashier doesn't work well on my site
and already waited almost 2 months with no resolve. the support even asked me again what the problem was.

November 14, 2019

Hi there! Thank you for leaving this feedback; I looked into your correspondence and I am incredibly sorry for the amount of time it has taken for our developers to put through a fix for the unique issue you have run into.

Unfortunately, we can't provide a timeframe for that fix, however as our specialist Tony mentioned, if you don't mind leaving the apps disabled on an unpublished theme on your store, we can continue to leave it with the development team and they can do testing (which would not affect your store) and we'd be able to update you once a fix was available.

Since Multi-Currency and Cashier do not have monthly fees, this wouldn't add a fee to your store. I really wish I could provide a better answer for you; this is certainly not the kind of experience we want you to have with us! We hope our developers can deploy a fix to your issue very soon.

Please reach out to Tony if you have any thoughts on this, or any additional questions for us. We certainly hope we can turn your experience around, and appreciate the patience you gave us while we worked with you on getting Multi-Currency configured how you wanted it to work!

Previous 1 3 4 5