Bold Multi‑Currency

Bold Multi‑Currency

by BOLD

Currency converter with real-time multi-currency billing.

BGSbali

I gave one star because this + bold cashier doesn't work well on my site
and already waited almost 2 months with no resolve. the support even asked me again what the problem was.

November 14, 2019

Hi there! Thank you for leaving this feedback; I looked into your correspondence and I am incredibly sorry for the amount of time it has taken for our developers to put through a fix for the unique issue you have run into.

Unfortunately, we can't provide a timeframe for that fix, however as our specialist Tony mentioned, if you don't mind leaving the apps disabled on an unpublished theme on your store, we can continue to leave it with the development team and they can do testing (which would not affect your store) and we'd be able to update you once a fix was available.

Since Multi-Currency and Cashier do not have monthly fees, this wouldn't add a fee to your store. I really wish I could provide a better answer for you; this is certainly not the kind of experience we want you to have with us! We hope our developers can deploy a fix to your issue very soon.

Please reach out to Tony if you have any thoughts on this, or any additional questions for us. We certainly hope we can turn your experience around, and appreciate the patience you gave us while we worked with you on getting Multi-Currency configured how you wanted it to work!

Fillamentum.com

So far, the worst experience with a free app. It messed up the code in our Shopify liquid. Do not recommend it.

November 5, 2019

Hi there. I just wanted to apologize that our installer didn't work correctly. We always offer free installations when it comes to Multi-Currency, and would love to get this app installed properly for you. Since there are so many themes, sometimes it requires a little extra love from one of our specialists to get the code implemented properly.

Our expert, Cody, has reached out to you and we hope to hear from you soon!

Fitness Junkies

This app is shady! It is free for a reason and it does not work properly. After installing this app, it started to automatically change the cost of certain products at random. Then, orders came in for products at much lower cost than they are normally priced and caused me to lose money! Not to mention, the support is incredibly slow. Do yourself a favor and find an alternative!

October 30, 2019

Hi there. We are very concerned about this, as our app does not have permissions to change the cost of your products. Our expert, Jordan, is looking into this for you, and has since uninstalled the Multi-Currency code from your theme.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you; we certainly do not want our merchants to have a negative experience with us or our customer service team, and we will do anything we can to try and turn your experience around.

With that being said, we want to thank you for leaving us an honest review about where our shortcomings lay, and we will ensure to take that feedback to make changes going forward.

GirlfriendWomen

Im so mad at this guys. I had to completely delete my theme because i wanted to change the stupid currency snipet after my way. I deleted this app and the currency snipet still got displayed and i didnt know why but i realized that even when i changed the theme, the bold snippet still was there. What a stupid way to make marketing.

October 30, 2019

Hi there. I just wanted to apologize for the issues you ran into while trying to use Multi-Currency. When you delete an app, the code remains and it can leave the widget on the store, which is why we offer free installations and uninstalls for our Multi-Currency app.

If you wouldn't mind reaching out to us with the name of your store, we would be more than happy to help you out. Again, we're very sorry for the inconvenience you initially experienced.

I Heart Moissanites

This app would have been fantastic if it didn't slow my website down to a crawl. I had clients tell me they wanted to buy but got so frustrated waiting for in excess of 40 seconds for a page to load. I tried everything to speed up the site and keep the app but only after uninstalling and removing everything did my site bounce back.
You guys really need to fix the speed issue!!!

October 25, 2019

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and feedback. I just wanted to let you know that our app certainly shouldn't be slowing down your site's speed, and we'd love to look into this further for you.

One of our specialists, Rebecca, has reached out to you and has offered to do some testing with the app on your store, while not on the live theme (so it does not disrupt your business). Please let us know if you'd be interested in giving the app another shot, and allow us to look into what might be causing the slow site speed.

We look forward to hearing from you! We'd love for you to see the full potential of Bold Multi-Currency.

OskarandNanuk

While Jonnathan and the support team showed great promise in the fast installation and friendly support, the app advertising is entirely misleading.

Both the primary marketing video and the example site claim/demonstrate that what differentiates this app from others, is that you can charge the customers in the currency they have chosen (or was automatically defined by their geolocation). They point out that the biggest problem that they are solving, is the that customers leave the site and do not complete the purchase when the currency conversion does not follow through to the shopping cart.

BUT THEY DON'T INCLUDE THIS FEATURE! It's NOT free. This feature is only available if you use another app that takes a percentage of every purchase.

It is false advertising and will be reported to Shopify. Despite my complaints, the false advert has stayed up for months.

September 23, 2019

Edit: Hi there. Thank you for keeping an eye on this and bringing it to our attention again - unfortunately, there was an honest oversight and the necessary changes were made to our website, but not the app store listing. I am currently discussing this with our Marketing team, and we have made the appropriate changes to the video, as well as the demo store. Thank you so much again for following up with this, and once again we're sincerely sorry that you felt mislead by our miscommunication about the app's functionality on its own.

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback - it really helps us reevaluate what we are doing in all facets of our business! I am sincerely sorry that you felt mislead about our Multi-Currency app and its ability, when integrated with Bold Cashier, to allow customers to also check out in their preferred currency.

While we do state that this is required in order for the feature to work in our app store listing, you are correct that it is not properly outlined in the app store video. I have ensured that this was brought to our team's attention so that it can be fixed ASAP.

Again, I am very sorry that you felt we were falsely advertising the app - that is certainly not our intention. I can say that our team has evaluated the way that this feature is explained and made the necessary changes within the app store listing, and will be making proper changes to the video.

dropthetee

This was installed per the recommendation from a prominent podcast host. Unfortunately as soon as it was installed (on one of the default themes), site speed crashed and pages took over 40 seconds to load. I requested advice from their support, but I'm yet to hear from them.

It also didn't help that the first email I received after installation was from their CEO (?) explaining that Shopify was about to ban some of their apps.

August 26, 2019

I'm very sorry to hear that our app has not met your expectations. Clifford from our support team was able to respond back to your ticket to try to continue the conversation and get everything sorted for you. We appreciate you leaving us the feedback and hope to get this turned around for you as soon as possible!

As for the email, the timing was certainly not right; we just wanted to inform our customers that another popular app from a different company was being removed from all stores, and wanted to offer one of our apps as a potential alternative.

Agatsa

Very Bad Support and The features do not work at all. They have bogusly written that Auto currency is selected, this all works when you install PAID Bold cashier too.. Who is going to leave trusted Shopify payment gateway and use a third part gateway, which can not even make a simple app work. Complete worthless.

Aircrafttag

This app doesn't do it for me. At checkout the converted currency suddenly jumps back to store currency and there's no notification to the customer why this is happening. This doesn't help but scares clients away.

SmileKit

Terrible support when used with bold cashier. The support will keep asking questions you have answered because don't read the thread of their previous responses.

If you can use anyone else by all means do it.

Previous 1 3 4