Bold Multi‑Currency

Developer
BOLD
4.6
January 12, 2021

The app used to work well for us but we started having issues with product variants that have different prices. After reaching out to their customer service in early December (our contact is Nikhil), they fixed the issue but created an even bigger one because some clients are now shown the base price multiplied TWICE by the exchange rate, resulting in exorbitant prices and a lot of bounces. It's hard to quantify exactly how many clients we lost because of that but we received many messages from confused shoppers. Nikhil keeps telling me that it's a problem of the shoppers' cache but unfortunately we can't ask each customer to clear their cache before visiting our website. Furthermore, the problem also keeps happening after our team cleares their cache and visits out website. I will update if the review if they manage to fix the issue. If not, we will have to look for a different app.

Baula
Costa Rica
Time spent using app: 7 months
November 18, 2020

I recently switched to Shopify Payments so that my customers could pay in their local currency, which means that they should see their local currency in Checkout as well.
Unfortunately Bold Multi Currency does not support this functionality in Shopify Payments.
I've always like Bold and the team and have never had a bad time with their support but I've had to now uninstall this app and switch to a different free multicurrency app that support Shopify.
Sorry Bold. Thank you for great service up until now.

JULIE MILLER AFRICAN CONTEMPORARY
Time spent using app: 6 months
BOLD replied November 24, 2020

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we are always looking for ways in which we can improve our app. Glad that our support team was able to help you during your time with us. We completely understand :) -wishing you all the best!

August 23, 2019

I like what the app 'promises', and the quick responses received from the app developers prior to adding the app to our site. Since the app has been added however, the service has been challenging.

Chelsea King Inc.
Time spent using app: 1 day
BOLD replied August 26, 2019

Hey there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that our support hasn't been top-notch for you so far. We are extremely dedicated to getting this resolved for you and making sure all your questions about the apps are answered in a timely manner.

Looks like our app specialists have been in contact with you about resolving any remaining questions you have, and we'll be happy to keep the conversation going until all questions are answered!

October 20, 2018

works, but kills your store performance, unfortunately. Took me a while to nail the performance issues down to this app. looking for another one now.

Roarlay
Time spent using app: About 1 month
October 15, 2018

support is very slow offering no solutions too. I would have loved it work but unfortunately, plain checkout is so much better

The Project Garments