Overall rating Based on 278 reviews
Too slow, lots of bugs, no custom domain-based url for seller sign up.
We have been trying for weeks to get this app up and running with a test vendor. Support is very unhelpful. I have asked a number of times to have a call with support and I am unable to get someone on the phone. They sent one line emails back that do NOT help. We are currently looking for a new app to do what this one claims. I would love it if this would work, but we can not get products or images uploaded. On top of that, I can not get an answer if inventory levels will link together.
I sometimes cannot understand how this app works when there are flaws, and I understand there are limitations on Shopify to have certain functions on Webkul, but to make your users to pay for your flaws , is not acceptable.
So what happened is apparently Shopify doesn't allow Product Tags to be synced on from Shopify to Webkul. The issue is Webkul doesn't have a function to allow vendors to bulk tag and tagging product by product is a huge pain especially when we run a marketplace, we are talking about a vendor could have more than 100 products.
So Webkul's response was that Shopify limits this function and doesn't allow Product Tag to be synced to Webkul (while everything else can be synced). As users, sometimes we accept the fact and understand the challenge, I therefore asked for a Bulk Tag function (which is just like bulk enable function) on Webkul, just so that we can do the bulk tags ourselves after we have done it on Shopify. To my surprise, Webkul's response is that I will have to pay 450USD for this function.
Clearly, this is already inconvenient for us. Imagine running a marketplace, your product tags changes done on Shopify when you can bulk tag, and it can't be synced over to Webkul, and when a vendor overrides a change on Webkul themselves, it will override my product tag changes. How "kul" is that?
If users have to pay for every improvement to be made, I can't see why do we engage as loyal users.
The Tall Collective
I'm not sure how any site is successfully using this app. Shipping fees charged to the customer on Shopify are not being shown on invoices or orders in the Multi Vendor App. The process of adding products keeps crashing so my vendors have been unable to set up their collections. The returns process is deeply flawed. There is very limited documentation to support users. I invested a great deal of time setting up this app and configuring it only to come across these fundamental problems. The customer service is very slow and misinterprets the issues - taking days to resolve an issue. At the moment I would not recommend this app. If this is the support level at the set up stages I dread to think what would happen if there were a real issue. I will have to start again with another platform and multi vendor app.
terrible and terrible company , no communication but sure they will charge you monthly fees on time. no easy way to cancel either
Very bad documentaton and the claims about translation not work or atleast unable to figure how. My login registration page is still not translated.
Beside that the design is ugly and no way to implement it properly into shopify
Card A Ma Jigs
I've used this app for a year now and from day 1 it's been just a pain.
From charging me in the middle of trial, to constant and repeated bugs and issues from shipping not getting collected for sellers, to performance issues and massive slowdown, I highly do not recommend this application it's more work than it's honestly worth.
And instead of improving the system and fixing their issues they just rolled out a new UI and when they do try and fix something more things get broken in the process which they try and but the blame on you.
We shall rate the support 0-1 level . Why ?
1. The software is not upto the mark,
2. There is no automatic installation,
3. There is no support available from app builder in India,
4. They never attend phone, they are very egoistic,
5. They are very slow in support
6. They say it is saas model support , you cannot get any help from them after installation, they never help you in support , they make thousands of reason in not to support you and demand money even for chatting in skype 25 USD for each 30 minutes chat in skype. Have you ever seen such mockery in internet that vendor charge you for chat in skype without any product support. This is pathetic greedy vendor. We had a live very bad experience of 15 days. Nikita finally did not support for full configuration, they leave you at your self service and they know that you cannot do without their help. Then there is no meaning of Saas model of payment when the support is so bad. We could not even used the service for 10 days because it did not worked at all.We have uninstalled and not happy with the services and support. A greedy Webkul company who does not take care of its own customers
7. The support staff are arrogant, egoistic and very bad, they will tell you to raise only tickets , but never resolve your case, there is no escalation matrix, directors never like to see escalation or respond the complaints.
8. It has very pathetic services and support.
Never buy the Webkul product, we suffered huge, you will too suffer badly.
Revisit on 6/1
Seller profile page is significantly slow. it is more than a minuite. It's US Friday, they don't fix this issue until next business day. sucks.
I also use their Shopify sync app. I am charged monthly. The app has a lot of problems. The seller can never successfully sync at one time. I had to follow up many times. The order was not created in the seller's shop and I had to apologize the seller. Webkul just said this issue has been resolved. they never express an apology nor offer a discount. I just have to continue to pay for the incomplete app. I don't recommend.
Revisit on 4/14/18.
I edit star rating from 2 to 1.
Very unstable and unreliable app. what happened the past 2 days.
1. one particular commission didn't come to me. how can I recover??
2. all seller's logo shows their strange thumbnail all of sudden. they fixed though. no guarantee when it will happen again.
3. sellers' page don't show any products. this should be the seller's showcase and it is the most important page.
4. the seller reported he can't log in the seller page, thus, can't fulfill the order
well, this is happening on weekend. they won't reply until Monday. it is a nightmare. You'll never imagine such things. I wish I had known before I engaged...
I edit rating from 3 to 2. although I read all reviews before I decided to use the app, I've been patient. At their request I considered to change my first review rating better and tried to work with them. I am in the U.S. their response's speed, mainly Nitika, is sometimes a next day due to a time lag, no response over the weekend. sometimes, 2 days, sometimes answered all, or didn't answer all my questions, which really not working. she mentioned I can be connected via phone over the weekend. nobody responded. they have US call number but nobody responded, so I called them in India if they didn't answer my tickets.
if you think to use this app, you need to know:
their commission is computed on the price, so, a third party app or Shopify code are not affected. generally, sellers expect a commission is based on the final price. but this app doesn't compute a discount, so, you or sellers have to manually change price and compare at price for a limited time sales.
On seller's page, there are no sorting feature of products. imagine your sellers have lots of products, a buyer has to go through many pages. I asked to add it, I was told this is a paid order.
there are some product custom fields available in the app. I found errors on the front-end and opened the tickets. she fixed only some products. I have no time to check a single product whether they properly fixed or not since I no longer rely on. Finding error and bugs is not my job. Until they fix, I can't even start an operation. I'm still waiting for her response.
I ordered some custom feature without knowing their problem. one of these was delivered with critical problems. they haven't answered yet. I don't suggest to order custom paid features. Basically, until you ask a question, they don't explain in advance. thus, you will be surprised when you knew you lost some features for exchange since you were not informed beforehand.
My developer complains about their API as well.
Unfortunately, I feel that they are not thinking Shopify app users are important and respectful. My surprises are countless. they know their customer services are poor since they are looking at the reviews. they just don't improve their supports' quality, instead, ask to increase rating...
This app works *most* of the time in the most frustrating ways possible. It has created more headaches for my store than it has solved, and I finally felt compelled to write a review after the most recent one sent me over the edge and made me look stupid with both my customer and my sellers.
I recently found that the app does not collect about 2% of my order data, which results in the seller not being able to see an order that a customer has placed. Big problem. Once I caught it, I was able to inform the sellers to rush out the products to customers, but I really only caught it by chance due to the volume I'm doing (which isn't even that much).
Other big pains:
* The app is developed by some folks in India who do not have 24/7 customer support. Over a recent holiday weekend for India, I was without support for a variety of issues for four days (sent tickets Friday afternoon my time, didn't hear back from app vendor until Tuesday morning my time)
* The app claims to do "seller payments" ... that's really not true. It only lets the seller put in their banking info so you can manually wire them money. I found this out too late, after I had promised sellers that we could do automatic payments, and now I have to go back on my word.
* The password reset function doesn't work sometimes. As a result, my seller has been locked out of their store since Friday (due to lack of support mentioned above)
I had hoped that this app would facilitate my entire back-end until I was making enough revenue to build a custom one. Since I can't pay sellers through it, I can't get the seller shipping to work, and more ... I just use it as a fancy secure way for sellers to push data to Shopify. Had I known it would be this much of a headache, I would've rather done all of that maintenance myself and avoided using this app. Now I'm stuck with it and I'm writing this review in hopes of spurring the developer to put some work into it.
EDIT: I am downgrading my review from 2 stars to 1 star.
After a week of troubleshooting the issue with the dev team, in which they'd claim the issue was fixed and it wasn't (really hard to continuously troubleshoot an issue with someone whose hours don't overlap with yours at all), my store has ALSO decided to randomly and erroneously reassign every product to a new, random seller. So now I've got sellers who sell competing products looking at all the product details (including commission settings) of their competitors, and they know their competitors are doing the same. Of course, because it's normal hours for me the dev team is nowhere to be found, so I'm manually trying to Reassign every product and the app is now timing out and delivering errors. The only silver lining is that my Shopify store hasn't yet been affected (i.e. the customers are still seeing the items correctly assigned).