Oberlo ‑ Dropshipping App

Oberlo ‑ Dropshipping App

by Shopify

Find products to sell on Shopify

B & B Retailers

The app is easy to use. With the upcoming changes in July 2019 I may delete the app because no one wants to deal ONLY with AliExpress and experience EXTREMELY LONG delivery times which will result in lost customers and revenue. Oberlo should have kept things the way they were, where you can look up specific suppliers and import products directly to your store. Shipping times of 2 to 3 weeks is horrible and bad for business. This was a great creation by Shopify with suppliers that had reasonable prices and fast shipping.

May 8, 2019

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm extremely sorry if the news of the removal of Oberlo Marketplace suppliers came as a shock. While it may seem like a sudden decision, I assure you this was well-thought out and made with our merchant's success as our top priority.

While I completely understand shipping times as a concern, 2-3 weeks was also the average for most Oberlo Marketplace suppliers. This is because many of the Oberlo Marketplace suppliers and those on Aliexpress were in the same country and shipping with ePacket. If you're looking for help dealing with long shipping times, I'd suggest checking out this video we made on the subject here (http://bit.ly/2GioyC2).

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Should you have any other questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at hello@oberlo.com. Your feedback is invaluable to us! -Anna

Shopit Store

Oberlo Ending but still advertising. WHY?
Reviewed.
Pulled your suppliers and we feel double crossed. You are unreliable and this leaves us with little faith of the whole concept of dropshipping. Having to delete all my products now since it will be ridiculously time consuming trying to find substitute suppliers. I wasted hours days weeks starting my store and you totally pulled the rug out from under me. Leaves me to question shopify too. Waste of my precious time effort and money. Thanks for nothing OBERLO and shopify.

Untold Time

Ive been using this app for a year. Ive ordered over 5000 times. Ill tell you and save you a bunch of time and terrible customer service. DONT USE THIS APP.

April 23, 2019

Hi there, Paco here from Oberlo. I'm really sorry to hear you've had a less than satisfactory customer service experience with us. We work very hard to ensure our merchants get the best service possible, but evidently, sometimes we miss the mark. It sounds like you've had great success selling items on the platform, and it's regrettable that we haven't been able to keep you pleased as a merchant. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your review -- it's what helps us improve.

Gears and Grinds Coffee

I rarely write reviews. If you are reading this review, it is in 2 parts. First part making money. Can you make money using Oberlo. The answer is absolutely yes! I make money daily selling Ali-Express products using the Oberlo app. However, the real answer is Oberlo is simply a platform. Making money requires a lot of time sourcing the right product, right supplier and proper marketing. Which also means it does take a lot of time product testing, writing and rewriting product descriptions, and it does cost you money to get started. If you get the correct mix of those things you will make money. The ease of importing to the app after sourcing and importing products in my opinion is fantastic. Being able to track the entire sales flow for my customers is great! Lastly, I think the upfront training and additional email training - if you subscribe is well worth it.

Here is the second part. I write this part for the beginner. If you are starting an online drop-shipping business Oberlo is a great starting point. There is still a bit of a learning curve even after the tutorials. A really helpful tip - use google chrome with the Oberlo extension. It's a life saver. You can cruise Ali-express and directly import your products into The Oberlo Extension which then imports into your Oberlo store App. From the Oberlo store app you can write your descriptions and export it into your shopify store. No need to copy and paste URL's into the app from Ali-Express. Also, It will automatically import your customers information into Aliexpress, no need to type in their information. Once the order has been shipped you can export all of the details from chrome into Oberlo in shopify. It makes for a very fluid semi automated experience. I hope if you are reading this review it helps you make an informed decision. I played with the Oberlo app for quite a while until I decided to start using it. I wish I would have started using it months ago.

Shawlin

I am not sure how well this app works. I am here because I learnt a lot from Oberlo. In particular I am here because of Jessica. Her constructive advice helps me everyday.

The Urban Doll

I've been using Oberlo for two years now. This is a long review, I’ve never reviewed an app on here and I am doing so to help anyone starting out in dropshipping. I use Oberlo mostly for the ease of pushing products to my store. Along the two years with their app updates somehow it manages to sneakily make my products switch in my shopify store from Shopify fulfillment to Oberlo Fulfillment. I started to stock inventory therefore some items I need fulfilled in Shopify and I have deleted them from Oberlo. So when this happens it has caused many times of me having to creating duplicate orders in Shopify in order to fulfill the items in my Shopify admin. I switch the products and each individual variant back to Shopify Fulfillment and again sneakily it gets switched back to Oberlo.

I see a lot of reviewers complaining about Oberlo doing away with verified suppliers. If you have been with them for a while, you will have seen that periodically they will message you stating they have dropped a supplier and for what reason. Usually for the supplier not delivering on processing/shipping times and/or poor product quality complaints. With that said, I believe after so much of that it probably is not worth them sticking their necks out for the suppliers.

Oberlo cannot help what is going on in China and I don’t blame them for not wanting to be liable anymore. I do not believe Oberlo is to be blamed for the suppliers actions. AliExpress and the suppliers on there, as a whole, are getting worse! I can list SEVERAL incidents of this and recently. And the whole spiel about “don’t pick suppliers with less than 97% positive feedback score” is rubbish! One incident recently I placed a large order for a popular bag for inventory. Seller’s score was 99.9% positive. The seller gave me fake tracking numbers, bags never arrived and the seller would not even respond to my messages asking about it. AliExpress did refund the money for that after I opened a dispute. And quite a few times I’ve ordered large amounts of shoes for inventory only to get ¾ of the order and wrong sizes stamped on the shoes. Open a dispute and AliExpress sided with the sellers. After I spend a few THOUSAND DOLLARS a month on AliExpress this is the crap you have to put up with. I’ve done dropshipping and have had the customers get the wrong size of shoe. And given fake tracking numbers too.

Oh and the most recent scam tactic- Asking for more shipping money after the purchase. Yes that’s right. I recently started filtering the search results for ship from United States. Thinking, well they must have a warehouse in the US too. WRONG! I place orders, choose United States for shipping option (usually USPS -$6-$12 and guaranteed 5-7 days delivery + 5 days processing time). Not only did I pay extra for United States shipping, they will ship it from China and ePacket. On top of that some will ask for more shipping money on top of the US shipping fee, I pay it feeling my hands are tied at this point because they won’t agree to cancelling the order if I say no- AND THEY STILL SHIP IT EPACKET! Each time I have to open a dispute with AliExpress to at least get the shipping money back since ePacket is free. All of that is time consuming. Then hope and pray my customer doesn’t complain about not receiving it in 5-12 days as I’ve promised and start a chargeback because ePacket takes about a month! Another few times I’ve upped a product price by $25 to cover DHL shipping and the sellers still ship it out ePacket and give fake tracking numbers and lie and say it is DHL!

Dropshipping is hard and it’s a shame that no app can solve all of the problems. The problems have to be solved by China first. After two years I still do not have it figured out. Transactions with China are just the worst!

April 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I’m extremely sorry about the experiences you’ve had with fulfillment and Aliexpress suppliers. After two years and the amount of orders you’ve placed, your input as an experienced dropshipper is very insightful.

In regards to fulfillment, that is a new feature that was recently released by Shopify. The intent was to make it easier for merchants to distinguish what needed to be fulfilled in Shopify versus Oberlo. From your review, I can see it has fallen short of what it is supposed to do. If you haven’t already, I ask that you reach out to our support at hello@oberlo.com so our team can investigate it further.

In regards to suppliers, I also apologize about the constant negative interactions you’ve had. Although it is a third-party platform that we can’t control, we have a responsibility to help our merchants use it as it is the only place to import products. I will be passing along this feedback to our team so they can see where our help documents on selecting suppliers falls short. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, it will go a long way in helping us find solutions for both of these issues! -Anna

Northern Isle

So disappointed with Oberlo. I had just upgraded my plan and within days they discontinued providing verified suppliers. Said this would come into effect July 15/19 but I can no longer import from any of their verified suppliers and it is only April. I sent an e-mail but have received little support. Just a sorry e-mail and some links . I was so comfortable working with verified suppliers and now feel like I've been thrown to the aliexpress wolves with no guidance from Oberlo. Very Disappointed in Oberlo- No regard for your paying customers!

April 28, 2019

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m very sorry about your experiences getting started with Oberlo. Although the removal of suppliers is scheduled for July 15th, many suppliers are leaving early in anticipation of this.

However, we still fully support importing and selling products from Aliexpress as was originally intended with Oberlo. We have lots of help articles on our blog that guide you through how to find a reliable supplier (http://bit.ly/2S0duv2). I hope you find these helpful. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. -Anna

Hubbart’s Deal Hub

Got rid of oberlo suppliers I absolutely will not replace these products with aliexpress suppliers. Time to find a new free app or US suppliers that don’t charge rediculous prices

April 28, 2019

I’m sorry to hear your feedback on the removal of Oberlo suppliers. While it may come as a shock, I assure you that is was a well-thought out decision with our merchant’s success top-of-mind.

When Oberlo was started, it was intended only to be used with Aliexpress. There were and continue to be countless merchants who succeeded with these suppliers. I would suggest checking out this help document (http://bit.ly/2S0duv2) that outlines how to find reliable sellers on Aliexpress. If you need any help finding replacement products, please reach out to us at hello@oberlo.com. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review, it will go a long way in helping us improve our product. -Anna

MyModality

Oberlo has FAILED massively as a Shopify App. Do NOT use them as they have no consideration for those merchants using their service. Oberlo used to provide access to various suppliers that they had "verified". This allowed merchants to find suppliers in the USA as well as those providing quality products & services with very fast shipping. HOWEVER, Oberlo now ONLY uses AliExpress (which is mostly junk trinkets with ridiculously slow shipping & unresponsive suppliers). Therefore, merchants who used trusted suppliers through Oberlo no longer can & as a result Oberlo's actions will put merchants out of business. It's quite clear that Oberlo did not take it into consideration the tremendous adverse impact this "decision" will have to those merchants using its services utilizing Oberlo Suppliers or Verified Suppliers. When I contacted their support team all they could say is "we apologize for the inconvenience". This is beyond "inconvenience". Very disappointed is an understatement. BE WARNED - DO NOT ENTRUST YOUR BUSINESS IN THE HANDS OF OBERLO OR YOU WILL BE SCREWED!

April 28, 2019

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m extremely sorry about the removal of Oberlo suppliers. While it may not feel like it, this decision was made with our merchant’s success in mind.

Aliexpress has thousands of suppliers and hundreds of thousands of products. While there may be products and suppliers that don’t meet your standard, there are many that might. Many Oberlo suppliers are also on Aliexpress. Additionally, you can use the Aliexpress filter to see products that ship from United States warehouses (just like with Oberlo suppliers).

If you need any help finding reliable suppliers or products, I would suggest checking out this help document (http://bit.ly/2S0duv2) that outlines exactly what to look for. I understand this may not be the solution you’d prefer, but I hope it’s an option. I’ll be sure to pass your feedback along to our team so they can see that this change is not simply an inconvenience, and has affected our merchants far beyond that. -Anna

UrbanHimz

I do not know what these people did but their platform changed they only have Alliexpress Chinese Junk I like their prior platform when you could choose from different suppliers I uninstalled and looking for a USA based manufacturer and supplier. My customers do not want cheap crap and they do not want to wait 30 days for there purchase yeah you can get merch at low cost but it is junk. Hopefully they will go back to there prior platform .

April 28, 2019

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. I’m sorry about your negative experience using Oberlo while we are removing our suppliers. I can understand the fear and frustration of having to source from Aliexpress compared to Oberlo’s previous verified suppliers.

However, I assure you that this decision was made with our merchant’s businesses in mind. Even while Oberlo suppliers were available, most merchants were sourcing and finding success with Aliexpress products.

Similarly to Oberlo suppliers, you can source good-quality products from Aliexpress that have ePacket shipping available that takes 12-20 days. Here is a guide to help you identify good suppliers on Aliexpress (http://bit.ly/2S0duv2). I understand this may not be the solution you were looking for, but I hope it can be an option. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review! -Anna