Oberlo ‑ Dropshipping App

Oberlo ‑ Dropshipping App

by Shopify

Find products to sell on Shopify

Canvas by Numbers

Excellent app to get started and sell a few hundred bucks a month. Once you scale, have a considerable amount of orders and different shipping providers through Aliexpress, it's not right. I have been using this app for over two years.

The amount of time you need to spend doing things manually is astonishing.

- No order filtering (no tags, no suppliers, nada). They have these ridiculous flags you can use to mark orders, and you cannot even do it in bulk. Have fun adding/removing flags for 40 pages of orders.

- Continuous bugs. Redirecting to Aliexpress in all sorts of languages, adding shipping options that should no be added when placing bulk orders, issues accessing Ali orders from Oberlo, etc. You need to be clearing the cache daily. Every time support said the problem was my browser. Tried Safari, Chrome, Chromium, Opera, and Firefox. In 3 different machines. Only Firefox worked better.

- They simply don't care. The devs won't change or upgrade anything anymore. They'll tell you they will add your suggestion to Santa's list, and that's pretty much. Forums are full of requests. many useful features that could be implemented.

It's a great app to get started in dropshipping and get a grasp about how the thing works, but that's it. If you want to grow into something else, this is not your app. Better choose something else from the beginning because switching to another solution later is a pain. You need to remap every single variant. That will take you many hours, depending on how many products you have.

We are already looking for another app. I contacted support several times with the features I needed, and that could improve the app over the last few months, but I didn't feel they genuinely care. It's a pity because I really like it. It is just that it doesn't suit my needs anymore.

April 15, 2020

Hi There! Thank you for leaving us feedback. While I'm happy to hear you were able to get started with Oberlo, I'm sorry that you weren't able to scale with us. I know our developers our working hard to get new features to our merchants. I wish you luck with your next step and thank you again for your review. 😀 -Kitana

homesweat1

Worst fucking shit ever. Use this if you suck at fucking ecom and want to fail. Not a single successful person uses fucking Oberlo. This app is dogshit.

April 15, 2020

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us. There are thousands of successful merchants using Oberlo, and we want to help you be one of them. If you're having an issue with the app or have any questions about the business side, I encourage you to reach out to our support at hello@oberlo.com. Feel free to ask any question you have. I hope we hear from you soon, and once again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. 😀 -Kitana

Bougie Barn

Don't use Oberlo with Ali if you want to actually run a business. Even Shopify merchants processing look down upon it. Oberlo app looks nice and easy to use unfortunately it works with Ali Express which is the absolute worst. Use a dropship agent, or Alibaba dropship or other avail option if your taking your business serious. You'll end up getting 50-60% of your orders with NO Tracking number, 7-10 day delays with terrible customer service from Ali vendors. Meanwhile other dropshipping apps have much more reliable sellers with much better customer service. If your doing this a $100 month side business and don't care than Oberlo with Ali would be fine. But if your going to make a business out of your store, listen to everyone before that want's a long term option, that Shopify payments will perfer, and retain actuall repeat business which is almost impossible using Oberlo with Ali in 2020.

April 15, 2020

Hi There! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our team. It sounds like you had a bad experience with AliExpress and we never want our merchants to leave on a bad note. There are some not so great suppliers on AliExpress, and a lot of great ones. I suggest using Top Brand suppliers on AliExpress as they are rated the best for their products and customer support. I'm happy to hear you're still pursuing your business and once again thank you for this feedback. 😀 -Kitana

WillTech.shop

eu estou tentando usar esse app mais nao consigo mandar para a loja os produtos . ele nao esta reconhecendo a minha loja .

April 15, 2020

Hi There, I'm sorry to hear that is happening. I encourage you to reach out to our support team at hello@oberlo.com. They would love to help you figure this issue out. Sorry for any inconvenience. 😀 -Kitana

The L.A. District

Support is crap. It should be way way better. When you leave a message, they start a chat with you with one sentence, and you keep on typing messages. You wont hear from them again they will just leave you there in the conversation. If they get back to you, you will get a scripted robotic answer. I think they should learn from Shopify how shopify to the chat support. Oberlo support is not customer service oriented and feels like taken for granted service.

March 17, 2020

Hello there. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us. I am terribly sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. This is definitely not how we want our customer support to be perceived, and we hate to hear this sort of thing. Your review certainly helps us improve, so thanks once again. -April

K-Preme

I was automatically banned from Shopify Payments for using Oberlo to upload my products. Unless you have your own payment provider AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

March 18, 2020

Hey there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are terribly sorry about the unsatisfactory experience you had with Oberlo. It seems like you had issues while setting up a payment gateway. Our Customer Success team would be happy to help you with that. Please get in touch at hello@oberlo.com and we will look into it for you. Once again, apologies for the inconvenience! -April

Axioma Tec

it dosn t work right now!!!!! how can i fix this or you ?????????????????????????????????????????????

January 17, 2020

Thank you for your review. There was an intermittent, but widespread issue throughout the course of the last week which has now been resolved. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. 🙂 -Jasper

Game Plan Experts

The app is supposed to sync products so you don't sell something that is out of stock. It has sold things two out of three times that were out of stock with the original distributor but I found the same product available from another vendor. after two chats and several days I've basically just given up their support is non-existent.

January 9, 2020

Hey there. I'm really sorry to hear you've experienced this in your store. It happens to me often as well. It's not a glitch or a syncing issue, however. It occurs because AliExpress pushes new inventory data out to Oberlo/Shopify once every 24-72 hours. You can imagine that with millions of products, it can take a while for all data to update across the website. This means that there can be a discrepancy in inventory data and can cause out of stock sales to occur. As far as our support goes, I'm really sorry to hear you did not receive a timely response, that's on us. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. If we don't hear from you, it's hard for us to improve, so it's greatly appreciated. 🙂 -Jasper

Lynda Anne

UPDATED: If you have had the misfortune of getting involved with this awful app, check your auto generated customer email notification settings carefully. The code to email customers that the order has shipped is wrong. I've had customers going to dead end links that say invalid tracking numbers. Customers are calling me a scam and giving me poor reviews. All because they cannot get the accurate tracking information I provided for them in the settings of the auto-generated emails. I would just advise anyone to run from Oberlo. Every step of the way it has been an absolute disaster of incompetence and utter willful abandonment. There is zero customer support, not one thing works as it should, and all they do is gaslight you with bots, and when a live (allegedly) person actually DM's, they just send links to videos to teach you why you aren't doing something properly (even though you are doing exactly as the videos say) when the app is really just total junk. They won't acknowledge the "instructions" are wrong; they'll just send you another irrelevant training video. They don't fix ANYTHING. They admit to fault. They take absolutely zero responsibility for their incompetent failing ineffective error ridden app. It's an absolute disaster and a death sentence for small budget just starting out. Really Oberlo is shopify's way to point the finger instead of providing support. I mean really, why are email tracking notifications set up in Oberlo in the first place? What about the plethora of other (better) apps I use? I'd actually skip Shopify too if I had it to do over. I'm working everyday to sever my ties with both shopify and oberlo. Buyer be warned.

Meanwhile, Oberlo is absolute worthless garbage. I really believe it will HURT your business to use this app. I'd get away from it fast. It just goes from bad to really bad to worse to I cant believe it just got even worse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pricey for an Aliexpress add on. Really doesn't do anything but import products from aliexpress and then collect a substantial monthly cut. And since it only works with Aliexpress, you're at the mercy of Aliexpress ethics. Aliexpress sellers are notorious for misrepresenting shipping times (bait and switch is illegal in the USA) which leads to a very high return rate and unsatisfactory reviews. In short, it will ruin your reputation, costing you money and time. Now that Shopify is keeping their fees on returned goods you will really be getting stuck from all angles. You will be paying for unethical business practices from every app involved in the process. Not a good way to start (or keep) your business. Also, the phone app is a cluster of frustration. It doesn't work, won't connect with shopify so I can't place any of my customers orders from my phone. It's the gatekeeper between my customers' orders and aliexpress, but it doesn't work on the iphone 11 pro max. What a waste. Absolutely unsatisfactory. And finally there is a practice of late by apps with poor reviews to try to convince you that your experience is wrong and you need to change your review. That is a dead give away that the company is a scam and they will not be changing bad practices anytime soon.

December 16, 2019

Hey, Lynda Anne! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us, it helps us to improve. As you likely know, we do have paid versions of our app, but you are also able to use Oberlo for free indefinitely with no cap on monthly orders. Our first paid tier is only $29USD and if your store is doing well, and you're scaling, then it's not an unreasonable fee to pay to unlock features one would need at that point.

When it comes to AliExpress, you're right. They're a largely unregulated company and so it's important you do what is necessary to protect yourself. We suggest working with suppliers who have a longstanding track record of excellent customer service. We also suggest that you sell generic products so that you can avoid selling products that may infringe on copyright or trademark.

Anyhow, we're sorry to hear that you didn't see value in our tool and we sincerely wish you the best in your business endeavors. 🙂 -Jasper

Sport Boost

Lot of bugs, I can't my find my 4 first sells in the app and I have to do the work manually because oberlo don't find any command. shitty app

December 4, 2019

Hey there! Sorry to hear you've had some trouble processing your first few orders. This is a part of the growing pains of new dropshipping businesses -- the issue of the missing orders is common and easily fixed using help docs like this (https://bit.ly/2zT0iUv). You're right, it does require that you manually override the products to re-initiate the connection, but this only occurs when you do an action in your store that breaks the sync. Once you know how to avoid this, you won't run into the issue again. Check out that guide for more information and when you have technical issues, please reach out so we can help you rectify them. 🙂 -Jasper