Oberlo ‑ Dropshipping App

Oberlo ‑ Dropshipping App

by Shopify

Find products to sell on Shopify

Axioma Tec

it dosn t work right now!!!!! how can i fix this or you ?????????????????????????????????????????????

January 17, 2020

Thank you for your review. There was an intermittent, but widespread issue throughout the course of the last week which has now been resolved. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. 🙂 -Jasper

Game Plan Experts

The app is supposed to sync products so you don't sell something that is out of stock. It has sold things two out of three times that were out of stock with the original distributor but I found the same product available from another vendor. after two chats and several days I've basically just given up their support is non-existent.

January 9, 2020

Hey there. I'm really sorry to hear you've experienced this in your store. It happens to me often as well. It's not a glitch or a syncing issue, however. It occurs because AliExpress pushes new inventory data out to Oberlo/Shopify once every 24-72 hours. You can imagine that with millions of products, it can take a while for all data to update across the website. This means that there can be a discrepancy in inventory data and can cause out of stock sales to occur. As far as our support goes, I'm really sorry to hear you did not receive a timely response, that's on us. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. If we don't hear from you, it's hard for us to improve, so it's greatly appreciated. 🙂 -Jasper

Lynda Anne

Pricey for an Aliexpress add on. Really doesn't do anything but import products from aliexpress and then collect a substantial monthly cut. And since it only works with Aliexpress, you're at the mercy of Aliexpress ethics. Aliexpress sellers are notorious for misrepresenting shipping times (bait and switch is illegal in the USA) which leads to a very high return rate and unsatisfactory reviews. In short, it will ruin your reputation, costing you money and time. Now that Shopify is keeping their fees on returned goods you will really be getting stuck from all angles. You will be paying for unethical business practices from every app involved in the process. Not a good way to start (or keep) your business. Also, the phone app is a cluster of frustration. It doesn't work, won't connect with shopify so I can't place any of my customers orders from my phone. It's the gatekeeper between my customers' orders and aliexpress, but it doesn't work on the iphone 11 pro max. What a waste. Absolutely unsatisfactory. And finally there is a practice of late by apps with poor reviews to try to convince you that your experience is wrong and you need to change your review. That is a dead give away that the company is a scam and they will not be changing bad practices anytime soon.

December 16, 2019

Hey, Lynda Anne! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us, it helps us to improve. As you likely know, we do have paid versions of our app, but you are also able to use Oberlo for free indefinitely with no cap on monthly orders. Our first paid tier is only $29USD and if your store is doing well, and you're scaling, then it's not an unreasonable fee to pay to unlock features one would need at that point.

When it comes to AliExpress, you're right. They're a largely unregulated company and so it's important you do what is necessary to protect yourself. We suggest working with suppliers who have a longstanding track record of excellent customer service. We also suggest that you sell generic products so that you can avoid selling products that may infringe on copyright or trademark.

Anyhow, we're sorry to hear that you didn't see value in our tool and we sincerely wish you the best in your business endeavors. 🙂 -Jasper

Sport Boost

Lot of bugs, I can't my find my 4 first sells in the app and I have to do the work manually because oberlo don't find any command. shitty app

December 4, 2019

Hey there! Sorry to hear you've had some trouble processing your first few orders. This is a part of the growing pains of new dropshipping businesses -- the issue of the missing orders is common and easily fixed using help docs like this (https://bit.ly/2zT0iUv). You're right, it does require that you manually override the products to re-initiate the connection, but this only occurs when you do an action in your store that breaks the sync. Once you know how to avoid this, you won't run into the issue again. Check out that guide for more information and when you have technical issues, please reach out so we can help you rectify them. 🙂 -Jasper

Laughing Pet

Awful experience! The app does not work properly! I have spent hours to write descriptions of the products only to find out that they could not be uploaded to my store after I have imported the products. Now I have to start all over again. Such a waste of time, they could even ensure smooth sync btw oberlo and shopify! Plus, many products are not available for import due to some mysterious reasons.

November 28, 2019

Hi there! Sorry to hear you've had some trouble using the system. It's no fun when tools don't work as you expect.

It sounds like you were writing descriptions in a CSV, is that right? It's too bad you had to find out that way that you cannot upload descriptions in that format. Descriptions must be written in the Shopify Admin product editor. Apologies if we were not clear on this.

When products are blocked from being imported, it's because we're prohibiting products that infringe on copyright or trademarks. This is for your protection. Whether it's obvious that a product violates terms of service, or not, it's blocked to mitigate your personal liability. That's why you cannot import certain products.

Sorry to hear you had that issues with the product descriptions. You definitely won't have that issue if you edit within the Admin moving forward. -Jasper

Coach Rock

BEWARE! The vendors are not vetted properly by Oberlo. In particular, Ali Express. Although, Oberlo is the application they do make the decision to procure the vendors that source products using their application. I've received copyright infringement complaints. And one of my social media accounts was shutdown due to unlicensed products.

When using the Oberlo application there should be some level of approval of vendors and legal sourcing.

I would not spend anything to upgrade since the vendors used are not legally vetted and not liable for the faults of the vendors.

November 28, 2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Oberlo is simply a tool used to import products from AliExpress, we do not have any governance over AliExpress.

That said, you're correct, AliExpress is largely unregulated and there are many inauthentic sellers on the platform. Shopify works diligently to block products that infringe on copyright and trademarks, but a major challenge is that there are millions of products on AliExpress, and many slip through the cracks or have not yet been flagged. It's our job as merchants to ensure that we do our competitive research and that we're not selling products that infringe on trademarks.

I'm really sorry to hear that one of your social accounts was shut down, that's not ideal. I think it's important to make the distinction here that these vendors are not affiliated with Oberlo or Shopify whatsoever. They simply sell on AliExpress and we've simply got a tool to import any and all products from AliExpress. I hope that helps to explain how the ecosystem works. -Jasper

VaronEs Underwear

I gave the chance to this app twice, and I had to uninstall it because products never arrived to destination .

November 20, 2019

Hi there! Sorry to hear that happened. When selecting products to sell it's important to make sure you're using trustable suppliers. If you're not sure about the suppliers you're using please reach out to us and we can check out the suppliers for you. Thank you for the feedback. -Kitana

Longcombe Cross

Be careful, I had a letter from Picrights demanding money because images imported on Oberlo products infringed copyright. They were no help and just said i was liable.

November 20, 2019

Hi there. I'm sorry you had that experience with the product images from AliExpress. Please note that Oberlo does not have its own products or product images. I suggest taking your own product photos to avoid any type of copyright issues. Thank you for giving us the feedback. We always want to make the Oberlo experience better for our merchants. Hopefully we see you again in the future. 🙂 -Kitana

Easy Eco Kitchen

Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced drop-shipper. Oberlo makes a bunch of misleading statements of how easy it is going to work. One big big downside is you still will have to manually order the items from Ali express, it does not automatically connect to it. There are lots of errors too, my first order got split into three parts and now it's a complete mess to track. Definitely not as easy as advertised and I'm not sure it's a viable business model with the amount of time investment and headache required.

October 22, 2019

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review and I'm sorry to hear that you're not had a great experience using the app. We talk about how simple the tool is to use, this is true, but we often discuss through our content that starting a dropshipping business is not easy. In fact, we take the time to make sure you know what you're getting in to. That's why we publish so much content on YouTube and our website about how to get started -- it requires a lot of work.

When it comes to order fulfillment, you might say that Oberlo is semi-automatic. You do not need to order items manually, in fact, you can fulfill orders in bulk using the bulk fulfillment tool and the Oberlo Chrome Extension. The reason it's semi-automatic is that you, the buyer, must initiate the purchase. We cannot make purchases on AliExpress on your behalf.

Lastly, when an order is split into separate parts, it's because the products that were purchased in the order come from different suppliers and likely from different warehouses. This is not an error, this is how orders are fulfilled (one item at a time).

Once you get an understanding of the order fulfillment process and know what to expect, it's a fairly streamlined process. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for support so that we can walk you through some of the hiccups that merchants experience in the early days. 🙂 -Jasper

alotsave

Very Bad Apps , We can't Remove variation from Products so can't Sychronise With the Product , I don't recommended , I don't recommended ,I don't recommended

October 15, 2019

Hi there, sorry to hear you had that experience with Oberlo. When you have a product with multiple variants you can remove the variants you don't want as well as merge products together. Please reach out to us at Hello@Oberlo.com and our team would love to help you with this. -Kitana

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15