Oberlo

Oberlo

by Oberlo

Find products to sell on Shopify

My Small Store

The app is easy to use, the problem are the products - Like many, I shop for myself on AliExpress accepting the 2-3 weeks shipping time because the it's cheap and unbranded. Why in the world I would shop to a website paying more for the same 2-3 weeks wait? No real sense. My customers don't want to wait, they are ready to pay a premium for fast shipping. Not worth it.

My Coconut Heart

Customer service doesn't even respond to messages on time. At the beginning they were excellent, I am not sure what happened with the support. Oberlo suppliers are not reliable for us anymore

Importing Aliexpress suppliers are your best option since you can talk to the supplier and make an adjustment to the order if needed. Staff should focus on improving the app function rather than getting a bunch of suppliers with no reviews.

Now we have a customer that is waiting for a product to arrive in February 2019 and we couldn't do anything since the only option was China Post. For some reason in Aliexpress for international countries like Chile, if you select a supplier with Aliexpress Shipping Method, the supplier will use a better service than China Post and product will get to the customer faster. If you are using Oberlo suppliers, you won't know what postal service they will use until you are placing the order.

CoCo Hauteur

Update: Nov 7 2018: After trying one last time to reach Oberlo tech support with no success I tried reaching out to Shopify tech support - since they own the Oberlo app. In the past whenever I have contacted Shopify tech support the results have been very professional. The gurus are usually easy to communicate with and the issues are solved. This time was no exception. Lisa was the guru who helped me and within minutes we had found the source of the problem to be DNS related. A quick google search and some changes to the DNS settings and everything was working. Thank you Lisa! In the fun words of older people... Lisa is Superduper. (If anyone else is experiencing the same problem with their Oberlo app here is a link to the solution that worked for me https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/)

What have I learned? The Oberlo app might be owned by Shopify but the tech support for the Oberlo division is unacceptably weak. Lisa helped me fix, in a matter of minutes, what Oberlo tech support neglected to address for almost 2 weeks.

There are a lot of reasons the tech support at Oberlo could be lacking in their customer service: Rapid growth of the division, poor supervisors, training etc... but lackadaisical attitudes and indifference to what a customer is experiencing or needs help with... is never an acceptable excuse for any reason.

Update: Nov 2018: More and more features are working less and less. Tech support virtually does not exist. Once I add products to the store I cannot access the suppliers or source pages. Which means I'm locked out of updating any product information from aliexpress source pages. None of the links to suppliers currently work. I made Oberlo tech support aware of this several times. they made, in my opinion lame excuses. Said they would get back to me. Never heard from them. Eventually, I just gave up.

Oct 2018: More and more features are working less and less. Considering switching to one of the other apps like dropified or importify.

Anyone with direct experience using either dropified or importify your input is welcome. I'm hoping their technical support is stronger. I don't mind paying for either app if it gives me the tools to succeed and not limit my abilities as a store owner. For instance, now that I no longer have access to an imported products source page, it takes me twice as long to add products to my Shopify store. I spend way too much time searching for the product on the suppliers store only because Oberlo wants us to remain within the pages of their system, their verified suppliers, or their version of the products page. I didn't spend money and months putting a store together, only so other companies could be successful by trying to lock me into their source pages. This is about starting my company.

Voyagetopia

I use this app to acquire inventory on my Shopify site. While there are many good products there are a few major issues I am facing.

First, many 'verified' products are already being sold on Amazon at less than the Oberlo 'wholesale' cost - that is before you mark up the product.

Second, many shipping costs have changed from $3 to $8 - Oberlo does not notify you. So if you include 'free' shipping you are out $5.

Third, if the increase in shipping costs wasn't bad enough, the delivery time period has changed from 7 to 20 days to 7 to 60 days, again, Oberlo does not make you aware of these changes. There are not many clients willing to wait 60 days for a product when they can get the exact same product for less than half the price delivered in a few days from Amazon.

It is already challenging to make a profit selling products online, the least Oberlo could do would be to inform us of these important changes.

Shaockave

So far bunch of stuff they don't tell you. You have to do your research

Lemon Gem Creative

Decided to try this out before punting it to my customers. Such a great notion but not really working in real life. My parcel took two months to get to my country (promised 35 days) and has spent another month travelling from post office to post office landing at one 120km's away from where I live. No notifications. No email updates. No communication until I reached out asking what was going on.

Now, instead of seeing this transaction through and continuing support, I've just been issued with a refund... marvellous. Not.

Really, Oberlo. The system works on paper but you need to sort the international shipping story out. There are millions of South Africans who would purchase your products but very few of them, myself included now, believe their product will arrive as promised.

Very blue about this.

Ethereum2

Unremovable sale icons very obnoxious.

Halo Halo Smorgasboard

Not efficient importing products from Aliexpress. I need to alway turn on and off chrome extension to import the product which is very tidieus.

Kaios Closet

I was really excited when I first started using this app for my store. A majority of my products were from Oberlo and they made everything simple and easy. However, when you try to edit a product in Oberlo before importing it to the store, most of the changed you made, especially in the tags, will not transfer to the store. So, you have to edit the product again after it is imported. Also, if there is a problem with a product never arriving, it is impossible to receive any kind of help on the issue. I had a product never arrive, even after 4 months. I contacted Oberlo for help but they never responded and the tracking number given for the product showed up with no results. Since then, I have removed every Oberlo product from my store and only use Oberlo to import AliExpress items because I can talk directly to vendors with AliExpress. I recommend the app only to add AliExpress items; do not use it to sell Oberlo Supply items.

Sharper Designs Online

Incredibly useful concept, but this chrome extension is underdeveloped and far from being perfect!! it bugs out on me and my team every single day! their support team is responsive in terms of answering, however after a few attempts in fixing this issue, its still happening and slowing down our flow. very very frustrating to say the least!!

if you get a couple or few orders per day, then chances are you will be fine using oberlo, but if you have a busy store with lots of daily orders, then i would highly suggest to look at a more stable solution!

Previous 1