Oberlo

Oberlo

by Shopify

Find products to sell on Shopify

Northern Isle

So disappointed with Oberlo. I had just upgraded my plan and within days they discontinued providing verified suppliers. Said this would come into effect July 15/19 but I can no longer import from any of their verified suppliers and it is only April. I sent an e-mail but have received little support. Just a sorry e-mail and some links . I was so comfortable working with verified suppliers and now feel like I've been thrown to the aliexpress wolves with no guidance from Oberlo. Very Disappointed in Oberlo- No regard for your paying customers!

It's a Christian Thing

If you sell jewelry through this app, you are really just selling junk. There were some interesting pieces but to be honest, even those are junk. I can't bring myself to make my customers wait a month for a product that is going to be extremely poorly packaged and that they will ultimately not feel good about owning. Many of the suppliers are sketchy.

April 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry to hear about the experiences you've had with product quality and suppliers. While there are many high-quality products and suppliers, you will need to do your research to find them. I would suggest reading reviews and ordering samples to make sure your customers will receive high-quality products. If you ever need any help vetting them, please reach out to us at hello@oberlo.com. We'd love to help! -Anna

Spin Market Online

Hi sir, please why i can't list a products ? Knowing i've listed a products already. !! Thank you very much.

Prime Desire

I find it really incredible that an app with so many years and so much promotion online fails in importing data from Aliexpress. It works well with Oberlo suppliers. Other than that, it needs lots of work to be fully useful.

My Small Store

The app is easy to use, the problem are the products - Like many, I shop for myself on AliExpress accepting the 2-3 weeks shipping time because the it's cheap and unbranded.
Why in the world I would shop to a website paying more for the same 2-3 weeks wait? No real sense.
My customers don't want to wait, they are ready to pay a premium for fast shipping.
Not worth it.

My Coconut Heart

Customer service doesn't even respond to messages on time. At the beginning they were excellent, I am not sure what happened with the support. Oberlo suppliers are not reliable for us anymore

Importing Aliexpress suppliers are your best option since you can talk to the supplier and make an adjustment to the order if needed. Staff should focus on improving the app function rather than getting a bunch of suppliers with no reviews.

Now we have a customer that is waiting for a product to arrive in February 2019 and we couldn't do anything since the only option was China Post. For some reason in Aliexpress for international countries like Chile, if you select a supplier with Aliexpress Shipping Method, the supplier will use a better service than China Post and product will get to the customer faster. If you are using Oberlo suppliers, you won't know what postal service they will use until you are placing the order.

CoCo Hauteur

Update: Nov 7 2018:
After trying one last time to reach Oberlo tech support with no success I tried reaching out to Shopify tech support - since they own the Oberlo app. In the past whenever I have contacted Shopify tech support the results have been very professional. The gurus are usually easy to communicate with and the issues are solved. This time was no exception. Lisa was the guru who helped me and within minutes we had found the source of the problem to be DNS related. A quick google search and some changes to the DNS settings and everything was working. Thank you Lisa! In the fun words of older people... Lisa is Superduper. (If anyone else is experiencing the same problem with their Oberlo app here is a link to the solution that worked for me https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/)

What have I learned? The Oberlo app might be owned by Shopify but the tech support for the Oberlo division is unacceptably weak. Lisa helped me fix, in a matter of minutes, what Oberlo tech support neglected to address for almost 2 weeks.

There are a lot of reasons the tech support at Oberlo could be lacking in their customer service: Rapid growth of the division, poor supervisors, training etc... but lackadaisical attitudes and indifference to what a customer is experiencing or needs help with... is never an acceptable excuse for any reason.

Update: Nov 2018:
More and more features are working less and less. Tech support virtually does not exist. Once I add products to the store I cannot access the suppliers or source pages. Which means I'm locked out of updating any product information from aliexpress source pages. None of the links to suppliers currently work. I made Oberlo tech support aware of this several times. they made, in my opinion lame excuses. Said they would get back to me. Never heard from them. Eventually, I just gave up.

Oct 2018:
More and more features are working less and less. Considering switching to one of the other apps like dropified or importify.

Anyone with direct experience using either dropified or importify your input is welcome. I'm hoping their technical support is stronger. I don't mind paying for either app if it gives me the tools to succeed and not limit my abilities as a store owner. For instance, now that I no longer have access to an imported products source page, it takes me twice as long to add products to my Shopify store. I spend way too much time searching for the product on the suppliers store only because Oberlo wants us to remain within the pages of their system, their verified suppliers, or their version of the products page. I didn't spend money and months putting a store together, only so other companies could be successful by trying to lock me into their source pages. This is about starting my company.

B Inspired Boutique

UPDATED 4/15/19- I am extremely disappointed on their decision to take away all the suppliers. This has always been my favorite app, now I am afraid I may have to let it go. Now all they show are Junk from China from Alliexpress, I refuse to put any JUNK items from China in my store. China items are bad quality and shipping takes over 30 days or more or sometimes items are never received. My store is USA based and everything is from USA only. This is truly a sad day and its heartbreaking because Oberlo was such a great app till now. Taking the suppliers away was a very bad decision. I am sure many merchants would agree. Now I had to drop a few stars..I am afraid due to this change they will lose a lot of loyal merchants. I truly wish they would reconsider. If they don't reconsider keeping their prior platform with the USA suppliers I will have no choice but to uninstall in July. And seeing these fake reviews of people justifying Aliexpress wont help and wont work. Everyone knows Aliexpress or any products from China is absolutely THE WORST! China are scam artists ripping USA consumers off of billions of dollars with bad products, lies, scams and poor service. I know 1st hand from experience because I got ripped off from China. Us USA merchants value our customers and our products. Oberlo made a vary bad business decision by doing away with good quality verified suppliers and will hurt their reputation unless they fix this and immediately.

Voyagetopia

I use this app to acquire inventory on my Shopify site. While there are many good products there are a few major issues I am facing.

First, many 'verified' products are already being sold on Amazon at less than the Oberlo 'wholesale' cost - that is before you mark up the product.

Second, many shipping costs have changed from $3 to $8 - Oberlo does not notify you. So if you include 'free' shipping you are out $5.

Third, if the increase in shipping costs wasn't bad enough, the delivery time period has changed from 7 to 20 days to 7 to 60 days, again, Oberlo does not make you aware of these changes. There are not many clients willing to wait 60 days for a product when they can get the exact same product for less than half the price delivered in a few days from Amazon.

It is already challenging to make a profit selling products online, the least Oberlo could do would be to inform us of these important changes.

Shaockave

So far bunch of stuff they don't tell you. You have to do your research

Previous 1 3