Oberlo

Oberlo

by Shopify

Find products to sell on Shopify

The Urban Doll

I've been using Oberlo for two years now. This is a long review, I’ve never reviewed an app on here and I am doing so to help anyone starting out in dropshipping. I use Oberlo mostly for the ease of pushing products to my store. Along the two years with their app updates somehow it manages to sneakily make my products switch in my shopify store from Shopify fulfillment to Oberlo Fulfillment. I started to stock inventory therefore some items I need fulfilled in Shopify and I have deleted them from Oberlo. So when this happens it has caused many times of me having to creating duplicate orders in Shopify in order to fulfill the items in my Shopify admin. I switch the products and each individual variant back to Shopify Fulfillment and again sneakily it gets switched back to Oberlo.

I see a lot of reviewers complaining about Oberlo doing away with verified suppliers. If you have been with them for a while, you will have seen that periodically they will message you stating they have dropped a supplier and for what reason. Usually for the supplier not delivering on processing/shipping times and/or poor product quality complaints. With that said, I believe after so much of that it probably is not worth them sticking their necks out for the suppliers.

Oberlo cannot help what is going on in China and I don’t blame them for not wanting to be liable anymore. I do not believe Oberlo is to be blamed for the suppliers actions. AliExpress and the suppliers on there, as a whole, are getting worse! I can list SEVERAL incidents of this and recently. And the whole spiel about “don’t pick suppliers with less than 97% positive feedback score” is rubbish! One incident recently I placed a large order for a popular bag for inventory. Seller’s score was 99.9% positive. The seller gave me fake tracking numbers, bags never arrived and the seller would not even respond to my messages asking about it. AliExpress did refund the money for that after I opened a dispute. And quite a few times I’ve ordered large amounts of shoes for inventory only to get ¾ of the order and wrong sizes stamped on the shoes. Open a dispute and AliExpress sided with the sellers. After I spend a few THOUSAND DOLLARS a month on AliExpress this is the crap you have to put up with. I’ve done dropshipping and have had the customers get the wrong size of shoe. And given fake tracking numbers too.

Oh and the most recent scam tactic- Asking for more shipping money after the purchase. Yes that’s right. I recently started filtering the search results for ship from United States. Thinking, well they must have a warehouse in the US too. WRONG! I place orders, choose United States for shipping option (usually USPS -$6-$12 and guaranteed 5-7 days delivery + 5 days processing time). Not only did I pay extra for United States shipping, they will ship it from China and ePacket. On top of that some will ask for more shipping money on top of the US shipping fee, I pay it feeling my hands are tied at this point because they won’t agree to cancelling the order if I say no- AND THEY STILL SHIP IT EPACKET! Each time I have to open a dispute with AliExpress to at least get the shipping money back since ePacket is free. All of that is time consuming. Then hope and pray my customer doesn’t complain about not receiving it in 5-12 days as I’ve promised and start a chargeback because ePacket takes about a month! Another few times I’ve upped a product price by $25 to cover DHL shipping and the sellers still ship it out ePacket and give fake tracking numbers and lie and say it is DHL!

Dropshipping is hard and it’s a shame that no app can solve all of the problems. The problems have to be solved by China first. After two years I still do not have it figured out. Transactions with China are just the worst!

Atah's International

I am new to shopify and I decided to look into Oberlo because it was the only in house option they gave but all the items are from China only. I searched the items I wanted to sell and it is so limited because the option is China. I would love to see warehouses within the U.S I could do business with through Oberlo.
Unfortunately I have to put my shopify store on hold until I figure out another supplier.

HYPEUP

Who doesnt like dropshipping?! It is a great app when starting your journey into the online world, you can have a ecommerce store set up in literally a few day!

However some products are bad quality and sometimes take a really long time getting your customers angry. however you can still make money with it so why not try :)

Santa Garage

I have been using this app for a while with no issues. I was quite happy. I recently updated my prices with another app in bulk and now 60-80% of my products aren't syncing with oberlo. This means orders aren't synced between shopify and oberlo and don't show up in oberlo. I have been advised to overide all of the affected products. This will take days if not weeks to fix. You have been warned. The app needs some way of identifying or highlighting products that are not in sync. It also needs a better way of resyncing. Overriding is a workaround not a solution.

The more important question is why did a price update break all the syncing

Sacred Lotus Gifts

Meh. Just meh. The app is absolute crap when using the shopify app on my phone or ipad. So much for portable work. It just doesn't work. And the search function is crap, too. I'm certain they make enough money to make it work, don't they?

Everything Bananas

Hard to use. Seems powerful but takes a long time to figure this out. Also have to get used to going back and forth between different windows and took me forever to figure out how to navigate back and forth.

One of A Kind Variety Empotium

This app has a blurred and hesitant appearance when giving out pertinent information one needs to complete and fully understand the info it's revealing.

Decor Lobby

This app is pretty good. Not for me though. Maybe i didn't dive into it as I should have, but from what I saw, I needed something else. Great for finding products to sell quickly though.

Worthwhileproducts

I cant download this app, after click "Get" it seems like it is trying to load for awhile but then fails. Anyone else experiencing this?

I had the app before but it crashed today so I uninstalled to re-installed but now I cant. Such a bummer.

Happy Moms Happy Kids

Easy to use and automatic, unfortunataley only in English :(. I have to translate everything once I import products to Shopify

Previous 1 3 4