Omnisend Email Marketing

Omnisend Email Marketing

by Omnisend

Sell More with Email & SMS Marketing Automation

Aroma Lux London

This is impossible to use.
After reading the reviews it’s clear it’s not fit for purpose so I will delete it and use mailchimp

I wasted time creating an email for my subscribers only for this incompetent app to say that my email is missing “senders email missing”
Good luck to anyone trying to find out how to add it...its not an option. You cannot click it to add it manually and their info is just about money. Awful.

August 4, 2020

It's upsetting for us to hear you are thinking about moving on. Our support team is available on support@omnisend.com 24/7 to help you navigate the product, and even the FREE plan users have access to support.

Here is how you can add your sender's email:
1. Navigate on the Profile icon, go to Store settings >> Settings >> Channel settings
2. Click the Add sender's email address button >> enter the sender's email you will use to communicate with your clients >> hit SAVE
3. Once you add the email, click the Verify email button on the right-hand side next to the recently added email address. We will send an email to that inbox for final verification.
And that is it! You add and verify the sender's email once, and then you can successfully use it for as long as you need it!

Wolfhardt

I dont like to be negative and like to give everything a shot. This is not a very user friendly App. Couldnt even send out a mass email without getting my account suspended. After cleaning it the first time. I had to do it again for another mass email. Thye claim my contact bounce back was two high. The process is long to to get back up and running. Customer service is slow and lacks detailed instructions. Spent a week of downtime in trying to figure this out. Not a good system and not sure why there are so many 5 star reviews. It's a headache.

I appreciate a response but its kinda to little to late. Which demonstrates the issue that you guys think just because you can throw a link and some instructions to someone and leave them to figure it out on their own. Hence, after over 43 emails back and forth one of your reps had offered to take care of the issue herself.

August 4, 2020

Sorry to hear your experience did not turn out as expected.

Your sending was temporarily paused because the system detected some inactive emails on your contact list. Xenia is waiting for you to grant her access to your account, and she will be able to assist you with the list cleaning. Once your contact list is polished, we will resume the sending. Segmenting inactive contacts will ensure you great deliverability results going forwards! Detailed guide in segmenting inactive contacts in your account is below:

sun wind snow

Omnisend and Shopify each point the finger at the other when a bug in one of their systems (or connecting API) resulted in a purchaser receiving two automated abandoned-cart emails from Omnisend after the purchaser completed submission of a paid-up order on Shopify. Inexcusable, and Omnisend support still won’t help help troubleshoot or fix the problem

July 17, 2020

We apologize for making you feel this way.

It seems that the issue occurred due to the fact the email address was used when triggering your Abandoned cart automation, while the order was placed with the phone number only. Omnisend is an omnichannel app, and we use an email address or a phone number as unique identifiers of the contact in our system. This way, our customers can switch between the channels and provide their customers with an omnichannel experience, so they could be contacted in the way they prefer.

We have a solution for you! To prevent such an issue from happening in the future, we recommend making an email address field as required when placing an order in Shopify.

wolddress

On this application description page, I did not find any description of the validity period.

Now, the 50% off coupon code they provided has expired. Very disappointed.

And, at this moment. They still show this coupon code.

July 1, 2020

Hey, don't be disappointed, we will, of course, apply the discount for you since it only ended a few hours ago :) Serge is already reaching out to you.

Sesh Stash

I give up, wasted an hour clicking around trying to simply find an option to edit or enable my workflow, i only have the option to upgrade (how convenient). My email is verified as per their tutorials. Not clear what's available on the free plan. Will use another well-known email app instead.

June 30, 2020

We are sorry to hear you faced such problems :( Next time, just reach out to us right away; our support team is ready to assist via email, in-app chat, or Facebook 24/7.
As for the pricing, we have a dedicated page on our website, listing all the different features that come with different pricing plans. On the free plan, customers can send newsletters, up to 2000 emails per day, set up signup forms, use segmentation, and have access to reports. All details >>

Vapester Vaping

I did not like this app. Customer support is not great either. Poor app.................................................

June 29, 2020

Hi, we noticed that your experience was not good. But we just wanted to let you know that we are here for you. Our support is available via chat and email 24/7 and can guide you through the account setup. Polina reached out to you via email with some recommendations.

Gemworldonline

sorry but i found it too complicated to work on, it takes me out of shopify to create email and select one by one product to add there ......

June 25, 2020

Hey, we can solve this together! To help you onboard quickly, we have prepared the Onboarding course with video guidance >> https://www.omnisend.com/resources/onboarding-sessions/. More, our support team is ready to help customers set up 24/7, Xenia has already reached out to you :)
Omnisend is designed to help you grow your business, and you can do a lot more than the regular promotion sending. You can create popup forms directly on your Shopify store, enable omnichannel automation workflows to message customers who sign up, browse your store, abandon carts, and more. And we have Product picker, so you don't need to add products manually >> https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/1061865-product-picker.
Drop a message to Xenia and we will set everything up together :)

Sustenance

TL;DR: If you're looking for an email app that offers a decent and reliable email automation system, omnisend is NOT going to work for you. I switched to activecampaign after a month of dealing with shortcomings and glitches on this app, and I've never been happier. I suggest you do the same. Based on my experience, this app is great for beginners who want an easy to use software with decent templates. If you're an intermediate or advanced email marketer who's looking to run automations, I can guarantee that this won't do the job. I usually don't leave reviews. But I feel obliged to do so in this case, because the ratings for this app are very misleading. This app is rated so highly because of the ease of use, and a very responsive support team that gives out discounts to unhappy customers generously. The software itself is very mediocre.

EDIT 2: Another 2 weeks into using this, I found that the split feature for automations was not working properly. I had set up a sequence that would send subscribers an email only if they were given a certain tag. 1 week in, I found that all the subscribers in the automation were being sent this mail, even though they were not given the tag. I got in touch with the support team, who then confirmed that this was indeed a bug. They told me to stop the automation, and said they'll get back to me with a fix soon. They didn't give any specific dates. My subscribers have been sent random nonsense because of this glitch - people who haven't asked for or bought anything have been sent '[product] has been sent out' mails.

EDIT: Xenia from omnisend got in touch with me, and she was very helpful throughout the process. They did propose a couple of workarounds, and shared some features unique to them, that I might find helpful. Although there are still some critical features that I would like to have on this app, I understand that they're working on it. Hopefully, these features will be up soon.

INITIAL POST: I was looking for an email marketing app after migrating my website to shopify. Went with omnisend because of the great ratings. I've been trying salvage my decision and put this app to good use for 2 weeks now - but it's really just under-equipped and overpriced.

Basic features that were available for free with my previous CRM, like choosing which days of the week automation emails go out, are not available on omnisend. I now have important promotional mails that will go out on Sunday, when nobody opens or reads them, and I can do absolutely nothing about it.

I can't see which email workflows my contacts have gone through, and which emails they've received. I've had customers go through multiple sequences concurrently and receive multiple emails, because of the limited logic in the automation workflows, and the inability to see who's being sent what in which workflow.

These are just a couple of examples of issues with this app. I could go on and on about other areas sorely in need of improvement. I got in touch with the support team twice, and all I got was that they'd raise this 'as feedback to the product team'. No workarounds, no concrete followups.

And the worst part is that I have to pay between USD30-USD99 for this, when I could get all the features, plus more for a fraction of the price on other platforms - like activecampaign, sendinblue or mailchimp + zapier.

I don't know how this app is rated 4.8 stars. Either people review it too quickly before they get to the features, or they just need a very basic email marketing app to send out simple campaigns (in which case there are a ton of free options out there).

May 28, 2020

Hi Sustenance,

Each marketing platform is different. We call Omnisend all in one app, considering other apps in the market, our pricing remains very competitive. Here is what we offer on a regular Standard plan:
- Email & SMS campaigns, campaign booster, and A/B testing
- A variety of signup forms you can put on your website, including a landing page to share on social networks
- Automated email & SMS workflows with the possibility to include both channels in one flow
- Splits in automation and A/B test for splits, which helps to test, what content works best for your audience, which channels perform best, and a lot more!
- Extremely fast and robust segmentation that updates dynamically.
- Various reports to help you track the performance of your workflows, campaigns, a click map, and more.
We understand that you were specifically looking for a couple of features we currently do not support. Nevertheless, we hope you can find the benefits of the features that we do offer and make good use of those. Serge has reached out to you with some recommendations and a workaround for your case.

The Omnisend Team

Aurora

Xenia dealt with my problem. Poor customer service, rude and unhelpful. Problem unsolved and left out of pocket.

May 21, 2020

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. As per our terms of use, we do not offer a full refund if the service was used during the billing period. However, Jurate from the Support team has reached out to you; we will find the best resolution for your situation!

Mati

whoever is planning to use this App, please dont!!!! they just keep charging you and taking your money but they DON'T DELIVER !!! i was charged 40$ for sms and when i finally wanted to use it for a campaign it is showing me 0$ balance and asking me to re charge again. Where did the $40 go??? apart from this whenever you send an email campaign, more then a 100 bounces!!! this is just unheard of!!!

May 21, 2020

Hello Mati,

Sorry if your experience was not good. We can see that the team is now working to resolve all issues. Your account is active; once you finish organizing your contact list, you will be able to continue using all the features again.

Customer success team