Omnisend Marketing Automation

Omnisend Marketing Automation

by Omnisend

Top rated email marketing app with omnichannel approach

Motion RC

I could write a lengthy review about how bad Omnisend's technical support is, but I think everyone is well aware that they were totally unprepared for the number of people coming over from Mailchimp, and that their Eastern Europe based support is pretty darn horrible.

We are currently giving Omnisend a 1 star review because one of the most important ( and most profitable) features of email automation is the Abandon Cart series of emails. Everyone needs to know, Omnisend's Automation email system currently does not work. We do not know if it is because their system is overloaded, their servers are blacklisted, or some other factor, but we know with 100% certainty that their automation system is broken. Before you dismiss this negative review as an outlier, please note that we are still with Omnisend and we are trying desperately to work with them to solve this. Here are the facts:
Fact 1: Before we moved to Omnisend, we were sending ONE Abandon Cart email via Shopify's basic notification system. That one email was yielding a 26% conversion rate. The industry average is 7%.
Fact 2: We took the EXACT same email that we used in Shopify and launched an abandon cart email series in Omnisend. The email currently yielding less than 1% conversion rate.

The data does not lie. Something is horribly wrong. We believe it is something to do with how they have setup our domain and the various DKIM/SPF settings, but again, no one at Omnisend seems to know what to do to fix the issue.

If you are a larger company or you have a large email list, and you want to send emails from your own domain (@yourcompany.com) be advised that you are going to have extremely poor performance from Omnisends Automation emails until they can fix their system.

May 9, 2019

Terribly sorry to hear, that you are experiencing these problems. We are providing you with an account manager to help you solve the issues. Laurynas will reach out to you, so you could schedule a call with him asap. Customer sadisfaction is our top priority, we will find a resolution for you.

Shabby Nook

Doesnt have standard features such as sending a file via attachment, when i ask to cancel having only signed up less than 24 hours before i was informed im not entitled to a refund as i had already sent an email out to my subscribers. I sent it out to test the email set up after what i thought i was on a trial period i feel i was conned into then having to pay a monthly fee to trial it. NOT HAPPY, tried to reason with customer support, no reasoning at all, its clear that 24hours this email marketing app is not what i need and it was not clear, so you would think they would use common decency and refund me. which they have refused to do.

April 29, 2019

Terribly sorry to hear about your experience, we will help you resolve all the issues you are having. Our Customer Support Team have already reached out to you to inform about the refund.
As for the feature you are looking for, with a lot of customers migrating from Mailchimp, we have committed to releasing a lot of new features before 14th May (https://www.omnisend.com/upcoming-features/). After the deadline we will continue developing the tool and send a file feature is on our list for the future.

Galli Creative

WARNING -- STAY WITH CHIMPMAIL.

Here is my experience. I created a campaign and installed a mailing list.
Notice: "Your account is blocked because your list is dirty".
Result: Missed campaign launch date.

Next-- I paid $50 to clean 5000 email addresses and run a campaign again.
Result: Lowest open rate of any campaign, and highest SPAM response of any campaign I have used.
Notice: "Your account is suspended due to 3% spam rate".

I have successfully used Chimpmail without the same level of problems. Out of 2,000 emails only 200 were opened, and 5 were labeled as spam.

Those 5 resulted in my account being suspended.

I WILL NOT USE OMNISEND AGAIN -- NOR CAN I RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCT.

My suggestion -- run a parallel campaign with Chimpmail or another service to compare results -- both of open rate, bounce rate, and spam rate. Then see whether Chimpmail SUSPENDS your account for 5 labeled spam out of 2,000.

I am flabbergasted.

April 11, 2019

Sincere apologies regarding the recent issues you had. We understand that other email service providers might handle spam and bounce situations differently. However, anti-spam organizations monitor us as a sender, so we need to keep an eye on campaigns that could harm your sending reputation. Segmenting your contacts based on recent purchase behavior is a solution to your issue, we provide this feature to all our users so they could successfully send their campaigns. Regarding the bounces, Yahoo has started cleaning out abandoned accounts, therefore clients like you may notice bounces increase in their reports. Once again, we apologize for the experience you had, our Customer Support Team will contact you with thorough guidance on how to successfully segment your subscribers.

Spilt Milk Soaps

I have a small number of email subscribers, 75. Out of those 75, TWO opened the email I sent. TWO! That is a crazy low number. Every email I have sent has a similar result. It must all be going to junk mail folders. Very frustrating!!

April 4, 2019

So sorry to hear that you had issues with deliverability. There is nothing that harms us more as customer satisfaction is our highest priority, and we hate failing in meeting their needs. But we have good news, we have a solution for you. Our Customer Support Team will reach out with a suggestion, what we can do in your case. We sincerely hope you will give us a second chance. And for the future, please always reach out to support@omnisend.com if you face any problems, we are here to help 24/7

BabyMocs

I have tried to get in contact multiple times with the creators of this app without success. A majority of my emails land in the junkboxes among the receivers with is an incredibly high rate and I can not work with that. Tested to sign up with 5 different emails myself and 4 of 5 of the emails ended up in the junk box.

March 18, 2019

We are sorry to hear you did not get the response on time. Our customer success agent Katherine sent you two messages regarding this, one on the same day of your inquiry, another one - a day after. Please check your inbox and get back to us so we could work this out. Seems like you might have some problems with your email inbox, drop us a message at support@omnisend.com and we will be happy to resolve your issue together! Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, we promise to find the best solution to ensure your deliverability issue is resolved!

Stella Cove

do try this out and make sure you get Anastasiia for live chat to experience how customer support should NOT be done. Extracts from my live chat with her A: "I have told you that I have already asked them to stop sending" A: "You click on Send now button. What do you expect to happen?" Quite apart from that she was also completely wrong on the tech knowledge too. There was definitely something very buggy about the system and I would have loved to have worked through it with their support but then alas Anastasiia happened. I am sure there are live chats for people who like to be reprimanded by a stranger. However I question whether a mail marketing app would be the right forum. I now took time to read some reviews and interestingly the positive reviews were all posted in batches on more or less the exact same dates and use the same very similar tones whereas the one star reviews are posted on varied dates and consist of varied tones in writing.

March 22, 2019

We're sincerely sorry to see that you left feeling this way. Anastasiia's behavior was nowhere near acceptable and it was unexpected for our team as well. We can promise that the situation is handled and truly hope you will give us a chance to change your impression about our company.
Drop us a message at support@omnisend.com and we will make things right for you this time.

STEESTU ™ Official Store

I used the app for many days now, and it is not sending out emails to abandoned visitors. It comes with a huge opportunity cost. Support is quick and always available, but takes a lot of time to sort this. I am uninstalling the app as it comes with an opportunity cost. Guys have a plan b app

March 22, 2019

Sincere apologies regarding the unpleasant experience you had starting out. The time it was taking us to review your issue was way too long. We have sent you an email, with possible solutions, but it seems you have not opened it yet. Send us a message to support@omnisend.com, this time we will assist you with each and every step and make sure everything is set-up correctly. We truly hope you will review your decision and will give us a second try!

OptiSlim Online Store

THIS COMPANY IS USING MISLEADING INFO & FRAUD METHOD TO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF CUSTOMERS.

The price guide is misleading you!
They charged on how many subscribers you have!
Not how many emails you sent! Doesn't matter you use them or not!

I have 18k subscribes but only sent email to 6k of them
I sent ZERO email in Dec, i got charged $150 USD.
I sent send 1 email in Jan, i got charged $150 USD.
I sent ZERO email in Feb, i got charged $190 USD.

Another misleading information they gave me is:
My account on the top right menu is always showing as a Standard Plan, and on their website, the standard plan it was showing $60 a month, so I thought this is what I'm paying for.

but after I realize the overpay issue and contact support, I went to my account profile page, it shows Standard Plan $190 a month.

this company doesn't give you any direct phone number for support, as I would imagine how many complaints they would receive by using this dishonest & fraud method to getting more money from their customer.

March 22, 2019

We are terribly sorry, that our pricing was not clear to you from the beginning. We stay open about how we calculate prices, and that it is entirely based on the number of subscribers you have. All customers have a possibility to reach the pricing page on our website and check their prices regularly.

Goxcase

I used the trial version of this app. I think they done a fantastic job at creating rules and interface/UI. However they didn't pay attention to how email system work. You will ruin your domain reputation if you use them as they source all emails from the same IP address (which means all your emails to customers will end up in JUNK folder). They have no solution for this and thus the whole concept behind email marketing/automation rules they have is useless for businesses.

Goldpaint Photography

Limited services and support for businesses using 'Buy Button' only. If you do not have a regular Shopify plan, you cannot trigger automation or create sign-up forms on your website. Very disappointing.