Omnisend Email Marketing & SMS

Email Marketing, Newsletter, SMS, Abandoned Cart & Pop Up

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

MYnd Map

Time spent using app About 1 month

Signed up as I wanted to move my 20000 plus list from MailChimp. Abandoned cart emails and creating audience segments by country still doesn't work after 3 weeks in. When I spoke to support I was asked really basic questions that they could clearly see from my account or could check from their end, then passed on to tech and still, nothing was fixed. Now I am unable to speak to any support, 2 emails in and no answer. Extremely disappointed and a waste of my time.

September 7, 2021

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our Support Team have been trying to reach you to provide an update and help rectify the situation.

hottynova

Location Hong Kong SAR

Good day! I've uninstalled this app about a month ago! Why are you still charging my money! Plz contact me asap

September 7, 2021

Hi - thanks for reaching out and taking the time to rate the Omnisend App. We can see the Support Team were able to explain the billing cycles and provide a refund.

T&C Floral Company

Time spent using app About 3 hours

Waste of time and impossible to connect my store. What a joke. just to connect my store they have to elevate my ticket to tech support. PASS ON THIS - I will find something else

September 7, 2021

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to rate the Omnisend App and leave a review. We can see our Support and Tech Team looked into your account and provided video instructions to help connect your store. We're sorry to hear your experience wasn't positive in the end.

We are continually improving our app and value every piece of feedback received.

Calça Thai

Location Brazil

Horrifyingly bad.
We were billed 201.60 USD for 27127 subs in June (our first month) and now they charged our card with 336.28 USD for 24159 subs in July! The subs went down in the first place because they accidentally suspended our account and asked us to clean our list using a paid 3rd party tool. They then said oops sorry that email was a mistake and should never have been sent but they never offered compensation - instead at month end they billed more than 50% extra for no reason!
Regarding the platform it is clean and minimally designed which is good, that much I can say. Congrats to the design team but the functionality is a horror show:
Digital items & out of stock products surface in their recommended products module - so if you have a fast-selling item that is sold out or a shipping insurance that can't be bought on its own - this is what the "AI" will recommend.
Shifting from trial to paid, resets the accounts and switched all your automations off - an absolute nightmare Integrations such as review apps are buggy
The UI is unintuitive and poorly labelled (there is a form which is not a form, an order placed trigger which doesn't trigger on order placed, filters placed below a trigger which operate as filters above a trigger, puchase date not in last 90 days can include customers who did purchase in last 90 days etc etc)
Presets don't work. The memory is faulty so you have to constantly change colours and fonts back to what they are supposed to be regardless of how you setup presets.
Signup forms require custom CSS to not look broken on mobile
If you pay to remove omnisend branding, it won't automatically remove it like any sensible app, instead you have to go through every single email and remove manually including all future emails, completely unnecessary manual work.
Customer support is disorganised and takes an incredible amount of back and forth before anything is escalated. And then you need to wait 48 hours for a qualified "reply"
ROI is over-attributed vs Shopify & Google analytics
No suppression list - so they will stop you from ever using your own push / sms channels for birthdays for example if you decided to sunset email addresses. a blatant attempt to lock you into / make you upgrade to their push/sms services.

AGOZTECH

Time spent using app About 1 month

I can't use the sms credits that I already paid for. They make me wait until the next billing cycle which they don't mention before you pay for the app. Be aware in case you download the app. Note: Their customer service cannot even explain what to do to use the sms credits. They basically copy-paste. If you don't take care of your customers, someone will-please note that.

Scandinavian Goods

Location Finland
Time spent using app Over 1 year

I have used this app for over a year, paid on time, had no problems using it. But when I mistakenly switched to pricing plan PRO and paid for it, there was no refund or even an explanation. After such disappointment in working with this company, I canceled my subscription. Do not recommend this company !!!

July 12, 2021

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review but also sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our Support team have been trying to make contact with you to resolve this issue and put you back to your original package. Please reach out and we'll do our best to rectify this quickly. We're also on hand 24/7 if you need any further support with the platform. Many thanks!

Draw my Pet India

Location India
Time spent using app 1 day

Wanted to use it for sms marketing since SMS bump was not working properly for me. Setup a 15 min abandoned cart SMS flow. Over 2 days I had 8 abandoned carts, didn't send out a single SMS. lucky that I didn't subscribe or buy SMS credits

July 12, 2021

Hi - thanks for taking the time to review the platform and we're sorry to hear this. Our Support and Tech team are currently investigating the issue and will work with you to make sure this doesn't happen again. Your feedback is valued and if you need anything, please reach out to us. Many thanks!

Xenium

Location Netherlands

if you don't have a credit card do not unstill this app it's a waste of time since they do not accept PayPal as payment! and that is absolutely sad it looks nice. In order to delete their signature at the end of the email templte you have to upgrade and I couldn't. For that reason, I'm out.

May 20, 2021

Hi, and thank you for your review. We are really sorry for the difficulties you've experienced and we will pass this feedback on to our responsible department.

Pi-K Candy

Time spent using app About 1 month

I do not recommend they will try to charger extra after not even sending one email to subscribers. Not worth it. UPDATE: I did clean my email list. I had to pay for that service as well. After that y'all want to charge extra for new emails.

January 18, 2021

Sorry to hear you had trouble with your first campaign.
There were some old email contacts on your list that no longer exist, so we had to pause the sending to protect your sender reputation. Approx. 30% of emails go bad in just one year, so regular list cleaning is a must to maintain a good sender reputation. The best approach is to check the contact list with Mailgun, Neverbounce, or any other similar service and unsubscribe those old contacts.
As soon as you review your contact list, we will resume the promotional email sending for you. Alex will help you out with this process; he is already reaching out!

Seccua-USA

After several months of trying to adapt this platform, it's not a very user friendly or data capable. We couldn't send out a mass email for Black Friday without getting the entire account suspended. After cleaning it the first time, I was instructed to do it even again for another 300 person email. Omnisend claims my contact bounce back was two high. May branding and marketing company wanted to use mailchimp, I should have taken their advice. Customer service is slow and lacks detailed instructions. We were told to download and pay for other email cleaning services before letting us turn our account back on. Not a good system and not sure why there are so many 5 star reviews. It's a headache. What paid service cancels an account and gives you a link and some instructions and leaves them to figure it out on their own?

November 30, 2020

Sorry to hear you had troubles with your account.
There were some old email contacts on your list that no longer exist, so we had to pause the sending to protect your sender reputation. Approx. 30% of emails go bad in just one year, so regular list cleaning is a must to maintain a good sender reputation among the different inbox providers - Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook. The best approach is to check the contact list with Mailgun, Neverbounce, or any other similar service and permanently delete the old contacts.
Since you have already gone through the list and removed some old contacts, we would resume the service for you. Please reach back to our support representative.