Omnisend Marketing Automation

Omnisend Marketing Automation

by Omnisend

Top rated email marketing app with omnichannel approach

Madlydeeplyco

I love the product, and they could have made more money from me if i stayed. But their customer service suck and just getting a refund for services for services i won't use is a nightmare. They said they cannot give a refund because my payment was already processed. When i complained and told them easy to issue a refund (i am also business owner) , and i can easily do a refund by a click of a button, they finally gave a refund ... BUT with a $10 processing. Such a bunch of bozos and cheapskates. NOT RECOMMENDED .

Update 12/19: Paulius contacted me saying that since i am requesting to refund my money, they have to be COMPENSATED for it. You are definitely going to be charged nickel and dimes for this service so i suggest staying away. Also he also wanted me to remove the negative feedback in exchange to give back my $10. Such bad business practice. Just a suggestion Soundest Team, use my $10, and buy a Customer Service book. You definitely need it.

Dirty Nails

Unfortunately the Soundest app has left me extremely disappointed. The install did not successfully import my subscribers from Shopify (it failed to import the purchase dates which makes it useless). Support blamed shopify for the format of their output. The on-landing popup was not allowing some customers to enter their emails to retrieve a coupon which worries me a lot as I'm very concerned with my user experience. The help service - while friendly - was slow and unable to resolve the problem, so suggested I email them a full export of my customer/purchase data from my store which is something that violates countless privacy best practices not to mention shares sensitive personal information of my customers.

This app does contain some great features but is not mature enough in my experience with their trial to warrant paying the $100ish/monthy they quoted me it would cost once my Trial was over. Hopefully in the future they find a way to resolve many of the bugs and perhaps at that point I'd reconsider because it feels like they're 70% the way there, but reliability, repeatability, and automation are missing - the most important things to a store owner like myself!

Caughtadrift

Awful experience so far. We setup a campaign to send last week, only to come back this week to find the campaign "on hold".

I contacted support and they told it this is normal because they need to "to make sure that all of the subscribers on your list are there willingly and are active."

There's no info about how many emails were sent already, they never alerted us to the problem, and haven't answered our questions about how to resolve the problem.

Support has been slow to reply, and answers have been very incomplete.

Designs By Dees Hands 2

BUYER BEWARE:

I UPDATED THIS TO THE PREMIUM PLAN AND FOUND IT DID NOTHING FOR ME. TODAY I WAS CHARGED AGAIN AS I HAVE BEEN BUSY MAKING AND FILLING ORDERS AND DID NOT GET TO REQUEST THE CHANGE IN TIME. I EMAILED RIGHT AFTER GETTING A NOTIFICATION THAT THEY CHARGED ME AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD ADJUST THE ACCOUNT TO REFLECT THE CHANGE FOR NEXT MONTH INSTEAD OF REFUNDING ME FOR THE MONIES THEY CHARGED TODAY!

Bijouxbela

Updated review 10/31/2016:

I am sorry to have revise this review but we wasted so much time and money I want to make other shop owners aware. It all started very well, we had conversions and it is very easy to set up. The app is nice, the marketing plan is very good. However, and this is a big issue, it does not provide double opt in! THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM! Who at this day and age, doesn't have a double opt in option?! Please read on.

Our shop has been hit with a huge number of bot/fake customer subscriptions. It's nearly impossible to tell which is real and which is not inside the app, the emails are real but they are not subscribed by the address owners. We paid another service to have the email list checked, many of the fake subscriptions returned valid email addresses. The only clue is the subscriber name, which is not visible on the dashboard. Actually, very little information is available on the app dashboard.

We had our account suspended 3 times and were on the verge of being blacklisted with high percentages of bounces and complaints. Although the rep is excellent, they seemed to not think this was a big deal.

I personally spent 2 weeks trying to figure out what was going on. Waste of my very scarce time, and money.

We have our own domain, they told me that DNS records were not necessary at the beginning. Not knowing why we had such problems with our list's deliverability, I asked for the records to change the settings with the Registrar in hopes this would help. All other email marketing companies we worked with in the past (we've been on line since 1998) will provide this for free. They charged us an extra $59.00 for it and obviously, it doesn't solve the problem.

We had to move our list to another provider with the holiday season just starting. Spent hours manually cleaning it up as we don't send unsolicited emails. We LOST OVER 500 legitimate SUBSCRIBERS when we moved to another service, which requires double opt in. Since I had just sent a newsletter days before, guess they thought confirming was not necessary. These were actual returning customers, some had been with us for years.

It's a shame because the marketing plan is good, but the email list managing is very lacking and the support seems to think nothing is a real issue. It hasn't stopped the bots but at least those subscriptions don't get confirmed and are not sent emails.

We had just paid for the monthly app charge and the DNS records. When I asked for a partial refund (it was just a gesture after this mess), they denied it.

It took me almost a week to complete the move because of the outage, otherwise we would have uninstalled immediately. Yes, all this went down during the big outage in October 2016. It was a nightmare.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love this app! It does everything you need for ideal email marketing. Great customer support, super easy to set up and run, easy to create campaigns, automated flows that bring results. Reasonably priced too! Only wish there was a bit more customization to the sign up forms (pop up and page) but I'm pretty sure it won't be long before these are added. If you know a bit of code you can do it, I just don't know enough to do it on my own. Other than that it's perfect. Try it out - I'm pretty sure you will love it too. Thanks, Soundest, I see great results everyday!

Formula 113

Does not allow to send to all customers. For some reason shows 80% of our customers as not subscribed. No way to send an email to them. Just wasted an hour creating an email that I can only send to 20% of my customers.

Kinda makes the app pointless!

Even tried to delete the unsubscribes, the app ended up deleting all our subscibers. Waste of time release the app when its ready next time or pay me for the hour of time I wasted today!

Michael Stokes Photography

I just want to send a simple email to my clients. I started the process, but it is VERY complicated. Beware that this is not a simple way to just send your clients an email. Damn you shopify!
DAY 2 - ugh I just want to send an email to my clients. ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE. I have been on shopify support 4 times, and they do their best, but without support from Soundest, they can't do anything. Soundest support is NON-EXISTENT - I've sent them about 25 messages. If you want to send emails to your client base, DO NOT USE THIS APP.

Patchesrus

used to be good.

Wizard Patch supplies embroidered badges and patches and logo makers for clubs, biker wear etc.
We did use this app to stay in touch with all our custom embroidered logo patch and badge customers via our store https://wizardpatch.com but found after a while it really had issues with sending. We were also "falsley" accused of purposely adding emails to the system that we did not acquire ethically but this was a false accusation, only emails added to our system were user added, thru our site, and we figured that this was just a way to treat us for using the free platform and not using their system via a paid means. So we no longer use this service at all now.

CasaMom's Everything

doesnt do what it says, just too difficult to use.

Forging Heroes Canada

Shitty apps, problems with server, dont lose your time even trying to register