Order Printer , 883 reviews

Edited June 19, 2023

We have been using this app since we started on shopify 7+ Years ago. It has been overall really great.

Recently (as others have described in reviews) it started being a coin flip of if it would completely crash every time we tried to print multiple orders (literally all its for...)

We spoke to support and they claimed "oh its just you" (reviews seem to show otherwise).

At their insistence we reinstalled the app. Which immediately deleted and lost all of our templates. Every other 3rd party app we have ever used, in the case of reinstall, restoring old templates/settings from app backups was a quick easy request.

I have now been chatting with shopify support for the 3rd time about this issue. This session over an hour. They switch back and forth between insisting that the code is hosted locally within our own shopify code, and that it is somehow magically "only within the app." Refusing to acknowledge that it is possible they have backups to restore from anywhere.

When pressed to show us where the code was within oure store code, they finally admitted it Wasn't there. But then doubled down on it also not being hosted by shopify.

If shopify is running its apps with literally no customer backups that is...unbelievably negligent.
-------------------

UPDATE:
As the reply says, yes I talked to shopify support. They were more than useless. I had to rebuild my templates from scratch. They told me they would follow up via email to assist me with rebuilding the templates for me. Tried to say they would charge me dev time for it. Then escalated the case... That was a full week ago. No reply at all. Clearly we just rebuilt them entirely on our own cause we need to print orders.

Oh, and the issue is still present in chrome.

I see other reviewers are having similar issues. So it seems to be a thing they dont care to fix. App is not fully functional in firefox as you have to click single orders at a time.

The "current" shopify support that kimi mentions has not responded to me at all in a week.

AgAg
About 7 years using the app
Shopify replied June 15, 2023

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. It sounds like you haven't had a positive experience with our app lately. As you look to be in current communication with our live support team, I encourage you to continue to speak with them about the issues you're experiencing. They're best equipped to continue supporting you with this situation, as they'll be able to securely access your account from our end to further troubleshoot. -Kimi, Shopify Support

February 13, 2024

Very poor level of support for this app. The body of the packing slip template that comes with it just disappeared and I am told that I have to hire an expert to fix this.
Why do I need to pay to fix this? you clearly have an issue with your coding - something has changed since this weekend. I had a friend with a shopify website download this app and the template that came with it is the exact same as mine.
Now that shopify has GUTTED its support this is the type of thin that we have to deal with on the daily.
The chat people only send link and apologize for not fixing your issues,
but always offer the option to hire an expert. I am old enough to recall when shopify support people were experts who would walk you through fixing issues until they were actually resolved. Not just send you link that you can get yourself in 2 minutes.
THANKS SHOPIFY! :(

Great White North Pottery Supplies
Shopify replied February 15, 2024

Hi there, Great White North Pottery Supplies!

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear you did not have an ideal support experience and faced difficulties with the Order Printer app.

To confirm, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? You can follow the steps in our Help Center resource (https://shopify.link/GdrK) to uninstall and reinstall the app.

If this doesn't help resolve the issue, you could try reverting to default for your packing slips. Head to your Settings > Shipping and Delivery section. Then, scroll down to Packing slips and click 'Edit template.' Scroll down to 'Revert to default' to set the code back to its original template. You can then try adding that template to the Order Printer app. You can also refer to the instructions in this Help Center resource (https://shopify.link/Pm7b) for editing packing slips.

If you still continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Support team through the Shopify Help Center: https://shopify.link/vRnL. -Victoria, Shopify Support.

June 27, 2023

Similar to other recent reviews, we've been both a long-time Shopify merchant and Order Printer app user. When Shopify took over this app, we also have begun to experience intermittent and ongoing issues with this app not generating our packing list pdfs.

Today while attempting to get support on this issue, I was asked by a representative if we are having an issue with printers when there is clearly evidence of many other stores experiencing similar issues at the same point in time.

Thanks for assuming that I'm too unintelligent to know if I'm having printer issues or not, instead of admitting that Shopify has clearly had issues with this app migration.

My expectation is that Shopify is a large enough company that they can handle migrating an app they've purchased onto their own platform. The migration/product team should be monitoring logs for issues and proactively resolving them, instead of treating merchants like they are crazy / asking them if they are having general printer issues when there is clearly enough merchant feedback that this is a known issue.

Modern Rascals
Over 4 years using the app
Shopify replied July 29, 2023

Hello, there. Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a pleasant experience navigating the app and receiving support. We do our best to support merchants and ensure we've addressed your concerns.

To help rule out any browser issues, could you try clearing your cache and cookies, using an incognito browser or trying a different browser?

If the above suggestions do not help resolve the issue, I recommend reconnecting with our team via the Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) so we can effectively troubleshoot together. - Victoria, Shopify Support.

June 13, 2023

Rendered useless. This app has been an integral part of our workflow for several years. In May 2023, we started having rendering issues. Now in June, the app crashes whenever you try to print anything. Judging from the other reviews, it is useless to contact support, so we have switched over to Vify Invoices. As I said, these invoices are integral to our operations and we cannot waste time with the app constantly crashing. So far, Vify Order Printer has been a great alternative with helpful support and it does everything we require. Uninstalling.

PetMax
About 6 years using the app
Shopify replied June 15, 2023

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to write a review. If you are experiencing issues with using the Order Printer, I would suggest attempting to clear the cache on your browser to see if that does the trick. In some cases, if you are experiencing minor issues using the Shopify platform, clearing the cache may resolve the issue. If the issue persists, you can attempt to use a separate browser - for example, if you are using Safari, try this action on Google Chrome. -Ollie, Shopify Support

June 30, 2023

Same as numerous other recent user reviews, we have been using this app for ages. In the past month or so it frequently errors out when trying to print making it virtually unusable. We've developed numerous intricate invoice templates over the years and really don't want to have to go to another invoice formatting app and rebuild all of our templates. Shopify - PLEASE FIX THIS APP! It's broken.

Delight Naturals
Over 5 years using the app
Shopify replied August 9, 2023

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. The frequent errors you seem to be running into are definitely not ideal, so I completely understand your frustrations.

If you haven't already done so, your next step here is to reach out to our live support team so that we can securely access your account in order to investigate the issues in more detail. To get the contact process started, please login to your store on our Help Center here: https://shopify.link/VRd6, where you can then proceed to contact our live support team for us to further assist. It'll help greatly if you can also provide us with specific examples of the errors you've run into, to help us better troubleshoot the situation from our end. Thanks! -Kimi, Shopify Support

July 12, 2023

I am so disappointed with this app. It was working fine then suddenly it wasn't. When I reached out to Shopify for support. They acknowledged there were problems, but did nothing about it.

House Of T•L
Almost 7 years using the app
Shopify replied August 9, 2023

Hi, there. Thanks for your review. I can understand how unexpected it must have been to see the app not functioning all of a sudden. I'm also sorry to hear about the support you received from our internal team.

So that we can further assist you and hopefully get the app to work again on your account, we'll need you to contact our support team again. Given your initial experience, I understand you may have reservations about contacting our support team, though rest assured that we're committed to helping all our merchants.

When contacting our team, please include any relevant screenshots or screen recordings of the specific errors you're encountering, as it'll help our team efficiently investigate the issues from our end. Please login to your store on our Help Center: https://shopify.link/VRd6 to get the contact process started. Thanks! -Kimi, Shopify Support

June 26, 2023

We've been using the app for over 2 years with very few issues until recently (within the past 1-2 months) the app wont allow us to print multiple orders at once, the UI of the app does not load correctly, if we manage to load multiple orders it will print the orders with missing information rendering the app pretty useless. printing multiple order sheet/packing slips and labels should be a core feature of an ecommerce site but if the apps built by the developers aren't working they should be prioritised

ATHLETES NUTRITION
About 3 years using the app
Shopify replied July 29, 2023

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I can definitely understand this issue is not ideal and is affecting your workflow. To rule out all local troubleshooting issues, have you tried clearing your cache? If after trying this you're still experiencing the issues you mentioned, I encourage you to get in touch with our support team (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) so that we can have a more detailed look into this. - Victoria, Shopify Support.

June 6, 2023

I have been using this app for 9 years, something as simple as printing orders should have no problems, now when trying to print multiple orders at once the app crashes, each order has to be printed one at a time, with the price of Shopify fees doubling in a few years, this is just beyond a joke.

Rainbowvapes
Over 8 years using the app
Shopify replied June 6, 2023

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some trouble with the Order Printer app. If you haven't done so already, I'd encourage you to connect with our Live Support so we can take a closer look into why you're unable to print multiple orders: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. - Blair, Shopify Support

Edited June 13, 2023

It worked well for 2 years but now will not print multiple orders on some printers. Shopify Support variously blamed our computers, our network, Google Chrome, our template, and finally blamed the printer manufacturer. They suggested I employ a Shopify Expert to remake our Order Printer Template. When I said it would be cheaper to buy new printers, but it was on them if that didn't work out, they said I shouldn't do that. So Im stuck, and annoyed.
Please don't suggest I contact Support again, since that was ultimately a waste of time the first time around, and I do not expect any improvement. Just let me know when this is fixed.

ShopNZ
New Zealand
Almost 2 years using the app
Shopify replied June 16, 2023

I'm sorry to hear that the app hasn't been working as well for you as it used to. It's important for our team to consider all troubleshooting possibilities to get to the bottom of the issue, which is why we may ask about browsers, devices, networks, and anything else that may be interfering. The team handling your ticket will be able to share your concerns with our developers. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. -Sophia, Shopify Support

June 7, 2023

This app has always had some issues, especially when printing multiple orders but now it literally does NOT WORK AT ALL. Unless you print ONE AT A TIME you can't print. I contacted support but no answers yet.

Adorably Amy Designs
About 4 years using the app
Shopify replied June 10, 2023

Hi, Amy. Thanks for getting in touch. I regret to hear about the challenges you are currently facing. Our support team would be more than happy to take a closer look into this. If you've already contacted our team, a support ticket should have been created. I recommend replying directly to your existing ticket to continue communicating with our team. - Victoria, Shopify Support.