Page Speed Booster

Page Speed Booster

by RoarTheme

Boost your page speed and conversion rate in JUST 30 seconds!

JGMODS

Adding the app immediately dropped google lighthouse speed test by 4 points... Instead of increasing page speed, it reduced. Do not recommend.

November 22, 2020

Hi JGMODS,

First, I would like to say that this is NOT a page speed optimization app. It enhances the user experience and the shoppers who access the site can feel it, feel the faster speed.

The Page Booster is using a technique called "prefetch", in which we’re actually requesting and downloading the page and storing it in the cache, right before your shoppers click the link to the page. However, this is dependent on a number of conditions (such as current tabs/threads opened by browser, the internet connection, the download process), as prefetching can be ignored by the browser, to balance itself. For example, the browser might just take the texts and abandon the request of a large font file or some images on a slow network. In a certain case, Firefox browser, it will only prefetch resources when “the browser is truly idle”.

I hope this makes sense!

Rental HQ

App is NOT working , it won't even install !!! it is stuck asking for the store URL but won't do anything else

August 13, 2020

Hi Rental HQ,

We are so sorry for this inconvenience!
Recently the cookie policy has changed on modern browsers, the default value of the SameSite attribute for cookies has been changed from None to Lax. This will greatly improve security for users. And this is potentially resulting in breakage for some sites, including our app. We fixed this issue for common browsers like Chrome but after checking again, we found that this issue still occurs on Firefox, and we get this sorted already. This is a shortcoming from us and again, I am so sorry about this.

The app is now complete. Please just install the app again and feel the difference. The app is auto-configured so you don't have to do anything afterward.

Also, if possible, we highly recommend you use Chrome for installation for the best result.

I hope this makes sense.
Thank you so much!

BECOS

If you try to add a product to the cart on an Android device, the product will not be loaded even if you move to the cart page.

June 26, 2020

Hi BECOS,

We are so sorry for this inconvenience. We've also had it checked via a few Android devices and everything seems to be okay. This might belong to either cache issue in your device or your template conflict, and we are willing to check it for you. Could you please help us to submit a ticket to https://roartheme.ticksy.com under Shopify App Inquiries category, our tech guys will be with you right away.

Thank you so much.

..::Quality USB Type C Cable & More ::.. MONKEYUSB®™

don't waste your time to download , you can not even log in , total waste of time , looking for recommendations

Lunch Box Company

I will be contacting the support but raising an issue, currently using the debut theme and have an issue on my basket that when a customer removes 1 product line from basket, 2 or more lines get removed from my basket so im losing business i have spoke to shopify support who passed onto their technical team and just had response

I am going to delete the app for time being, but worried about apps that inject code into things like the cart as could have issues with SSL and security. extra...

~This is exact response from the shopify team. I will be sending this over to this developer.
" and let me know that you are seeing an issue when removing products from the cart on your current theme. I've had a closer look into your theme theme code, and found that this is caused by an injected script from a third party app, Page Speed Booster. For further troubleshooting and to resolve the issue, you will need to reach out to the app developer directly since they will better understand their code. You can contact them by going to your admin > Apps, and click Get support besides Page Speed Booster app."

December 17, 2019

I am so sorry for your bad experience, and honestly, I want to work with you to get this resolved.

For so long, my team is working very hard to find a suitable solution for page speed optimization. This is always the question of all time, when websites are getting bigger and bigger, day by day. And we were so happy to release Page Speed Booster. As you can see, the app is 100 percent free, and we are not trying to get revenue or collect information at any cost. There is no hidden functionality. We truly made it for Shopify users. Before releasing, the app was tested carefully, and it is being used by hundreds of Shopify users now. So, I am really shocked, sad, and guilty when seeing those words "I'm losing business" from you.

I sent you an email yesterday asking for a staff account to check the issue, but I haven't got any response yet. So, after some researching, now I am writing to avoid misunderstanding for other users. My team did recheck your store (of course, from the front-end), and we focused much on the cart & checkout process. Although the Page Speed Booster was completely removed from your store, the issues with your cart items are still happening.

I think there is a possibility caused by apps conflict, or a rare bug, which is just presenting in some underestimated cases, or maybe a confusion from the Shopify support guy. Ultimately, I cannot tell exactly until I can have my team check it.

Again, I am so sorry about your problem, and I hope you could help me a hand.
Thank you so much.