Booster: Page Speed Optimizer

Booster: Page Speed Optimizer

by Booster Apps

Boost Pagespeed in 1 click. Increase Conversions, SEO & Sales

Young & Forever

This app is pretty much useless. It does not speed up the website in any way not even 1%. So many positive reviews seem to be fake reviews by App developer.

May 5, 2020

Hi there. The app utilizes open source software (https://github.com/instantpage/instant.page) to preload links on your theme, thus speeding up loading times after the first page load.

As mentioned throughout the app, some themes already include this open source code by default. As a result, these themes wouldn't see any increase in speed because the code is already present.

The positive reviews are from merchants who haven't had this code installed by default.

My Christmas

I first thought this looked like a great app and it definitely improved my speed. Unfortunately, it also removed half the content from my home page (and I tried twice turning on and off the app with copies of my theme and the same thing happened).
I tried contacting support but received a note back saying as it was a free app there is only documentation support.
It might be a conflict with something on my site but I would definitely recommend you take a copy of your site just before adding it and check your site carefully after adding.

N'omose Couture

Did not see any difference

Kogent Supplies

Made the mobile speed worse. Didn't seem to impact Desktop. I recommend describing a bit more about what the *.js file does. I also recommend offering "tree-shaking" to get rid of unused CSS at the very least.

November 19, 2019

Hi there :) Please note this app will not increase or decrease any pageload speed metrics such as Pingdom or Gmetrix. The app preloads links, which only works from the second page view. These apps do not account for second page load times in their results. Cheers, Stuart

Saucer Boss

My site's theme is a little bloated and I saw this app. The ONLY reason I gave it 2 stars is because their UX is so fun. It was simple and rewarded me with confetti for clicking a button! However, I cannot recommend this product as it actually lowered my site's score on Pingdom (75 to 74) and PageSpeed Insights (33 to 25). From what I can tell, it added .1 seconds to the load time.

I would love to love this product, but cannot. But their development team has done a great job with the UI so while I cannot justify using the app I genuinely enjoyed it for the brief time that I did.

I should also add, their response to this issue (slowing page load speed) is boilerplate and does not address the issue. If "page speed apps such as pingdom or gtmetrix will not show any improvements when the app is installed" then how do you recommend we gauge performance?

If this app does what it claims, how can we verify the results?

November 11, 2019

Hi there, thanks for the review. Unfortunately page speed apps such as pingdom or gtmetrix will not show any improvements when the app is installed. This is due to the fact that these apps measure page speed on first page load.. this app only starts working after first page load as we are preloading links on the page.. 😔

100Future

I'm not sure whether or not this app really speeds up my website.
Before installation first page load time was 1.9s but after installation it was 3.4s

November 10, 2019

NASshopping

this app has not improved my speed on my website, it seem as if it has made it slower, as of right now i can't rate you guys higher

November 10, 2019

Rave-On!

hello, please check up my page: https://rave-on.shop ... when its start to loading faster? You can better check the speed here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=rave-on.shop
i hope it starting be faster soon...

October 4, 2019

Vero Frescobol

Installed because of great reviews however my store actually performed worse. Google page speed for Desktop dropped from 84 to 66 and Mobile dropped from 45 to 28. It also fails Speedboosters Shopfiy analyzer. Hope support will contact me to understand why the poor results.

September 25, 2019

Fur Baby Gift Ideas

Tested load speeds with pingdom and went from 5.61 seconds to 5.84. I am sure this works with some sites but it certainly doesnt work with all of them.

September 19, 2019