Use our app to solicit donations from your community - they can donate any amount they want and their donation is tracked and processed.
Invoice your customers any amount you want - even process partial payments or layaway.
This app is great for digital goods, and compatible with the official Digital Downloads Shopify app
About Pay What You Want
Pay What You Want!
This app establishes "elastic pricing" on your store - it lets your customers pay what they want for your products, opening the door for:
- Donations, like the hundreds of non-profits and religious organizations that use PWYW
- Invoice payments from your customers, like our users who are medical practitioners or parking garages
- Layaway arrangements, like the instrument sellers or thrift stores who are empowered by PWYW
- Crowdfunding, like the one social good organization that raised over $1.2M using our app.
- much, much more.
All you have to do is simply choose a minimum price and add the "PWYW" tag to your product and our plugin does the rest - it will add a special field to your product page, allowing users to enter their desired price.
Inspired by Humble Bundle and the Radiohead album "In Rainbows."
- Digital Downloads
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 7-day free trial
PWYW w/ $5 minimum
Pay what you want for the app, with a $5 minumum
All features enabled
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 44 reviews
Most recent reviews
Lux + Trip
I love the idea of this app and it's somewhat working for me but I'm having loads of issues and support is not responding to emails despite me reaching out 4 times. I have a lot of annoyed customers right now because of these issues.
This app is supposed to work with digital downloads which it does! But i'm having the issue that if someone downloads 10 of my printables, and puts a donation amount on three of them, 90% of the time, they don't get the download link to those 3 they donated to.
I've had some people tell me that it doesn't let them input any price or that it'll end up charging them the amount and i don't even have an order for them (they'll send screenshots of the charge in their bank)
I want to keep using this because I love the idea o fit, I just wish someone would reach out to me to try to fix these issues because I don't see why I should be paying monthly for an app that doesn't even work right/has no customer support available.
1) the cart will auto show the first variant which is I didn't select it
2) auto-add new variant at the product page every time when I insert an amount for the check-out
The comments that cite excellent, fast service are outdated. I found the app to be buggy and the support to be slow and not helpful. Here are some details:
1. The variant a customer chooses does not carry through the transaction with this app. If you're selling t-shirts, for example, the customer will think they have selected "large," but the orders default to the first variant on the list, usually "XS." It will appear that you've only sold XS shirts, but really it's the app not carrying the choice through check-out. I don't think there is a fix for this.
2. Of the 4 products I set to PWYW, two ended up having two "add to cart" buttons right next to each other. One added the minimum price to the cart, and the other added the PWYW price. The only fix I found was to duplicate the product and make the new product PWYW, leaving the old one invisible until the sale was over. (Support's unhelpful response: Products have "add to cart" buttons. Go into the code to remove the regular "add to cart" button.)
3. In the middle of the sale, one of the products simply stopped working entirely. Customers couldn't add it to the cart. At that point I was so tired of the app that I just deleted the PWYW tag and set a fixed sale price.
I'm giving the app 2 stars because in limited, VERY simple situations where you have the time to monitor it carefully, this could work. But for me, this was a major headache, and I would not recommend it.