Pay What You Want

Pay What You Want

by The Plugin Group

Elastic Pricing for your Online Store - Bill Pay and Donations

Orta Gardens

The comments that cite excellent, fast service are outdated. I found the app to be buggy and the support to be slow and not helpful. Here are some details:

1. The variant a customer chooses does not carry through the transaction with this app. If you're selling t-shirts, for example, the customer will think they have selected "large," but the orders default to the first variant on the list, usually "XS." It will appear that you've only sold XS shirts, but really it's the app not carrying the choice through check-out. I don't think there is a fix for this.

2. Of the 4 products I set to PWYW, two ended up having two "add to cart" buttons right next to each other. One added the minimum price to the cart, and the other added the PWYW price. The only fix I found was to duplicate the product and make the new product PWYW, leaving the old one invisible until the sale was over. (Support's unhelpful response: Products have "add to cart" buttons. Go into the code to remove the regular "add to cart" button.)

3. In the middle of the sale, one of the products simply stopped working entirely. Customers couldn't add it to the cart. At that point I was so tired of the app that I just deleted the PWYW tag and set a fixed sale price.

I'm giving the app 2 stars because in limited, VERY simple situations where you have the time to monitor it carefully, this could work. But for me, this was a major headache, and I would not recommend it.

Industrial Fitness

Im sure this would be a beneficial app, and is exactly what I am after, unfortunately it didn't work when installed. The procedures to troubleshoot are a little convoluted, but achievable with a good level of knowledge.

Unfortunately, they do not respond when you seek technical support after their troubleshooting fails.
A number of emails out and several days later they have not responded, we will be seeking another method prior to the being charged.

The Fund for Park Avenue

We are using this app to collect custom donations if a donor does not want to contribute the standard donation amounts. It is working perfectly, and the developer was extremely responsive to support requests. We had a few questions when we integrated this app into our store and he answered questions thoughtfully and in a timely manner. Really a pleasure!

Pockies

A great solution and to my knowledge the only PWYW app. Great customer service. Mark fixed an installation problem in no time.

goodnetwork

pay what you wish ( glitch in app does not allow add to cart and has a separate billing ....IN Simple terms if someone is paying $10 for a service and minimum is $1 then it shows : $1 and $9 separately as gift

secondly direct buying is not possible you have to click on add to cart , my buy now button stops working

AIWC.ca

We are a non-profit organization and are using this app to allow donors to enter a donation of their choice, instead of selecting from a drop-down menu.

The app was easy to install and use, and Mark has been readily available to help out as needed with questions and some tweaks. We love using this app and it has made giving so much easier for our donors.

LITE Box

Although it didn't work out of the box, Mark answered promptly, and fixed the App in a timely manner.

It could use a little polish, or update, but the customer support here is a big plus.

Orion Beats

this is the first app review i've written. and i use a lot of apps. when it comes to customer service Mark is crushing it. incredibly responsive and even offered to go into the theme to make the edits personally when i need some unique configurations. seriously next level. so glad this app exists and can't recommend the customer service enough. what an app should be

Stairway Music

I highly recommend this addon both from what functionality it offers and from what the developer will provide in service if you have any questions. Mark is great, and I'm sure you'll be saying the same if you give this addon a shot.

Widowthrive

A client site has been using app for multiple months now. Mark has been helpful with any issues that I had with implementation. His response and assistance is prompt. It is a very simple app and truly yields great results.

Previous 1 3 4 5